News 20.07.2020:
Dear customer, due to cookie policies we cannot allow embedding pictures from 3rd party sites any more.
In case you want to show our support teams a picture, open a case at http://www.wacom.com/support/contact-support
Thanks for your understanding.



Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Mac OS 10.15 Catalina Support:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-916

About ARM architecture-based computer support:
Check our FAQ: Does the Wacom driver support ARM architecture-based computers?

eStore Shipping
Please note that reduced UPS service might affect your region due to CoVid-19 situation. See updated details for UPS serviceshttps://www.ups.com/de/en/service-alerts.page?id=alert1

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Pan/Scroll Cursor stuck. Mouse not moving until release.

Everything related to drivers
aalexx
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed 12. Feb 2020, 19:16

Re: Pan/Scroll Cursor stuck. Mouse not moving until release.

Postby aalexx » Mon 15. Jun 2020, 16:13

Any word on getting a “Scroll (Legacy)...” option as well?
As previously mentioned, the Scroll setting seems to work better than Pan/Scroll in some applications.

cepcem
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri 15. Jun 2018, 05:46

Re: Pan/Scroll Cursor stuck. Mouse not moving until release.

Postby cepcem » Sat 20. Jun 2020, 07:06

wacom5 wrote:
cepcem wrote:Finally i managed to login as confirmation email absent for about an year, maybe.

No, it is not OK.
There is a problem when scrolling in Gogle tables or just Excel.

With the old driver you just scroll and page is moving up and down.

With the new driver with Pan/Scroll (legacy) enabled there is a selected cell and when you move the pen up/down the selection is changing horizontally instead of vertically. The selection is changing horizontally to the end of the row then it is moving to the next row, then again.
So, the effect is very slow vertical scrolling.

Can you, please, check this and repair it to be as the old driver scroll?

I can make a movie with old and new driver for comparison if its needed...


I cannot reproduce this. Please contact the support team and provide more details. https://www.wacom.com/support/contact-support

Here is the link for the video: https://youtu.be/vfbqRVBmrXw

wacom5
Posts: 1243
Joined: Tue 8. Aug 2017, 14:35

Re: Pan/Scroll Cursor stuck. Mouse not moving until release.

Postby wacom5 » Wed 24. Jun 2020, 10:11

aalexx wrote:Any word on getting a “Scroll (Legacy)...” option as well?
As previously mentioned, the Scroll setting seems to work better than Pan/Scroll in some applications.

Scroll... was developed as a new feature for the current Intuos tablets 2 years ago and never moved the cursor while active. There are no plans to add the "legacy" cursor behavior to any other features.
cepcem wrote:Here is the link for the video: https://youtu.be/vfbqRVBmrXw

In the video you are using the Pan/Scroll... feature which pan left and right or scroll up and down depending on the movement of your pen on the tablet surface. The fact that panning didn't work in a near-four year old driver means that panning has been fixed to work as intended with the current driver.

If this doesn't suit you, there's a couple of options: The option of using Scroll..., or stopping the driver service and modify the AppGestures file to remove the Pan definitions before starting up the driver again.

Scroll... is a simple workaround, but the behavior of the feature isn't the same, it works like middle click in a web browser where it will continue to scroll until the pen returns to the point of origin.

If you would prefer the behavior of Pan/Scroll... but without the "Pan" function in Excel, you can to try the following steps:
1. Open the Windows Services and stop the Wacom Tablet Professional Service.
2. Navigate to %programfiles%/Tablet/Wacom and open the AppGestures.xml file.
3. Search the file for Excel or any other program they wish to modify this behavior.
4. Find the <PanLeft> and <PanRight> definitions and delete them.
5. Save and close the AppGestures.xml file.
6. In Windows Services start the Wacom Tablet Professional Service.
This file will be removed on uninstall, and it is modified in newer driver versions to fine tune existing shortcuts and add definitions for new programs.

I understand this is probably frustrating but I hope you understand there have been others using this panning behavior in Excel for almost four years and it doesn't seem to be a common complaint.
Need immediate help? Contact our Support: https://support.wacom.com

cepcem
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri 15. Jun 2018, 05:46

Re: Pan/Scroll Cursor stuck. Mouse not moving until release.

Postby cepcem » Thu 25. Jun 2020, 08:37

wacom5 wrote:
aalexx wrote:If you would prefer the behavior of Pan/Scroll... but without the "Pan" function in Excel, you can to try the following steps:
1. Open the Windows Services and stop the Wacom Tablet Professional Service.
2. Navigate to %programfiles%/Tablet/Wacom and open the AppGestures.xml file.
3. Search the file for Excel or any other program they wish to modify this behavior.
4. Find the <PanLeft> and <PanRight> definitions and delete them.
5. Save and close the AppGestures.xml file.
6. In Windows Services start the Wacom Tablet Professional Service.


I am using Google Sheets with Firefox, not Excel.
In the AppGestures.xml there is no Pan element in Firefox segment:
<ArrayElement type="map">
<displayname>Mozilla Firefox</displayname>
<identifier type="string">firefox</identifier>
<ZoomIn type="map">
<modifiers type="string">control</modifiers>
<input type="string">scrollwheelup</input>
<amount type="double">1</amount>
<amountmultiplier type="double">1</amountmultiplier>
<granularity type="double">5</granularity>
</ZoomIn>
<ZoomOut type="map">
<modifiers type="string">control</modifiers>
<input type="string">scrollwheeldown</input>
<amount type="double">1</amount>
<amountmultiplier type="double">1</amountmultiplier>
<granularity type="double">5</granularity>
</ZoomOut>
<ScrollUp type="map">
<input type="string">scrollwheelup</input>
<amount type="double">1</amount>
<amountmultiplier type="double">2</amountmultiplier>
<granularity type="double">1</granularity>
</ScrollUp>
<ScrollDown type="map">
<input type="string">scrollwheeldown</input>
<amount type="double">1</amount>
<amountmultiplier type="double">2</amountmultiplier>
<granularity type="double">1</granularity>
</ScrollDown>
</ArrayElement>

wacom5
Posts: 1243
Joined: Tue 8. Aug 2017, 14:35

Re: Pan/Scroll Cursor stuck. Mouse not moving until release.

Postby wacom5 » Mon 27. Jul 2020, 06:52

danielgrant007 wrote:Every new version of the Wacom driver: 1 fixed bug, 2 bugs added. Going downhill with this company and time for a competitor. Happy to switch brand.

I'm a professional designer and this scrolling issue is not acceptable. Can't work properly like this and installed an old driver. Hate to waste my time on this.

What issue are you referring to? The issue reported originally in the beginning of the thread has been fixed a while ago so it would be very helpful if you could tell us about the issues you are having now.
Need immediate help? Contact our Support: https://support.wacom.com

aquila
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun 9. Aug 2020, 16:21

Re: Pan/Scroll Cursor stuck. Mouse not moving until release.

Postby aquila » Sun 9. Aug 2020, 16:30

wacom5 wrote:
cepcem wrote:Here is the link for the video: https://youtu.be/vfbqRVBmrXw

In the video you are using the Pan/Scroll... feature which pan left and right or scroll up and down depending on the movement of your pen on the tablet surface. The fact that panning didn't work in a near-four year old driver means that panning has been fixed to work as intended with the current driver.

If this doesn't suit you, there's a couple of options: The option of using Scroll..., or stopping the driver service and modify the AppGestures file to remove the Pan definitions before starting up the driver again.

Scroll... is a simple workaround, but the behavior of the feature isn't the same, it works like middle click in a web browser where it will continue to scroll until the pen returns to the point of origin.

If you would prefer the behavior of Pan/Scroll... but without the "Pan" function in Excel, you can to try the following steps:
1. Open the Windows Services and stop the Wacom Tablet Professional Service.
2. Navigate to %programfiles%/Tablet/Wacom and open the AppGestures.xml file.
3. Search the file for Excel or any other program they wish to modify this behavior.
4. Find the <PanLeft> and <PanRight> definitions and delete them.
5. Save and close the AppGestures.xml file.
6. In Windows Services start the Wacom Tablet Professional Service.
This file will be removed on uninstall, and it is modified in newer driver versions to fine tune existing shortcuts and add definitions for new programs.

I understand this is probably frustrating but I hope you understand there have been others using this panning behavior in Excel for almost four years and it doesn't seem to be a common complaint.

First, thanks for providing the Pan/Scroll (Legacy) option in the Wacom Driver. I've been using an old driver for a very long time because of this reason, but after finding out the option was added, I finally updated to the most current driver today.

I did notice however the same issue cepcem described specifically for Excel. However, in all applications, the horizontal panning causes major issues. For example, in the Windows Explorer, scrolling is almost completely blocked most of the time. Probably because some horizontal panning is detected, but you can't expect a user to perfectly use the pen vertically.

So, while I understand that horizontal panning might always have been the intended behaviour and it was previously 'broken', it makes usage of the tablet as a replacement for a mouse in all of Windows very hard.

Removing all occurrences of both <PanLeft> and <PanRight>in the AppGestures.xml file did resolve this issue for me, but I think it would help many people to also allow this to be set as an option when choosing the Pan/Scroll (Legacy) option. Perhaps something like a checkbox with Enable horizontal panning?

Thanks in advance for considering and thanks for the information about the AppGestures.xml file, allowing me to resolve this problem in another way for the time being.

simgust
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri 10. Jan 2020, 07:42

Re: Pan/Scroll Cursor stuck. Mouse not moving until release.

Postby simgust » Wed 26. Aug 2020, 10:39

Just wanted to express gratitude for the addition of the Pan/Scroll (Legacy) option! Just what we have been asking for.

kuvaldin
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed 26. Sep 2018, 12:04

Re: Pan/Scroll Cursor stuck. Mouse not moving until release.

Postby kuvaldin » Fri 25. Sep 2020, 19:30

Thank you for the Pan/Scroll (Legacy)!. I feel like I can breathe again.


Return to “Drivers”