Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Drawing software:
If you are not able to register, please use the trial version of the software below and try to register again at a later date.
Wacom Drivers:
March 2018: New driver released for Windows (6.3.33-3) and Mac (6.3.33-5). Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Touch not working correctly after Driver 6.3.33-5 update for Mac:
http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2581

Mac OS 10.14 Mojave:
Upgrading to Mac OS 10.14 Mojave? A new Mac OSX security feature requires some additional changes to run the Wacom Driver correctly. Please see the instructions found on our support page here. Also, If you have any issues, please try a clean driver install. Follow the steps here.

Pan/Scroll Cursor stuck. Mouse not moving until release.

Everything related to drivers
wacom5

Re: Pan/Scroll Cursor stuck. Mouse not moving until release.

Postby wacom5 » Fri 22. Mar 2019, 09:57

A new driver release for Mac shouldn't be far in the horizon.

thanulee

Postby thanulee » Sun 24. Mar 2019, 14:04

Sorry but the issue IS NOT FIXED!!! with latest 6.33 or something in WIN 10 PRO x64 1803 version
Wacom intuos PRO the previous model

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Mon 25. Mar 2019, 08:58

thanulee wrote:Sorry but the issue IS NOT FIXED!!! with latest 6.33 or something in WIN 10 PRO x64 1803 version
Wacom intuos PRO the previous model

From what I tested personally on multiple devices (including Intuos Pro) on latest Windows OS, it is working as described below. This was the original behaviour before the issue appeared.
This is how it should work and how it is working right now:
wacom5 wrote:This has been reported to the driver team. Please bear with us while we find a solution. To clarify: the intended behaviour should be for the cursor to still move while you hover the pen while holding the "Pan/Scroll" or "Scroll" function. The cursor should still cease to move while the pen is touching the surface.

bastyani

Postby bastyani » Wed 27. Mar 2019, 14:44

The issue IS NOT FIXED!!!
I just downloaded the latest (6.3.33-5, 3/26/2019) macOS driver and installed it. Restarted, double checked if the driver is really new etc...
Not working... Tried a few more things... Still NOT WORKING! The cursor is still stuck! Totally disappointed.

In the release notes they said:
"Resolved Issues - Fixed - We improved the responsiveness of the Pan/Scroll feature when used while hovering with the pen." Is this it??
I can see no difference...

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Thu 28. Mar 2019, 09:13

Does it work as explained in my previous post? That is the intended behaviour.
If your expectation is that the cursor will scroll when you are actually scrolling then this is not the correct expectation. The cursor needs to remain static while you are scrolling.

ascottt

Postby ascottt » Sat 30. Mar 2019, 07:48

wacom5 wrote:Does it work as explained in my previous post? That is the intended behaviour.
If your expectation is that the cursor will scroll when you are actually scrolling then this is not the correct expectation. The cursor needs to remain static while you are scrolling.

I'm sorry but, why does it need to be static while scrolling? It makes no sense. You scroll pages actually dragging the cursor up and down -touching the tablet surface- while holding the "pan/scroll" pen button, and before this issue happened it worked fine. Now, if I scroll a page, cursor stucks, and when I stop dragging it teleports exactly where I left the surface, that is bloody annoying.

We aren't asking anything but to get back to the good ol' times when such a simple thing like scrolling wasn't a pain in the arse.

Thanks.

wvwang

Postby wvwang » Sat 30. Mar 2019, 08:21

@wacom5 I think you misunderstood the original behavior. Although the updated behavior has improved (while holding pan/scroll, cursor becomes mobile as soon as the pen ceases to touch the surface), it is still not the original behavior, where the cursor would always move with the pen, regardless of whether the pen was touching, or whether the button was being held or not.

One of the most crucial elements of an absolute positioning device is the constant synchronization between the device and its accessory. Without it, our workflow will constantly be interrupted by the disconnection.

It is absolutely unnatural/frustrating for an exact positioning cursor to be out of sync while we move the pen on the tablet. Every cursor-jump (when cursor teleports to a new location after being static during scroll) hurts our workflow. Instead of always knowing where the cursor is, we now have to re-check where the cursor is, every time it jumps too far.

Why put users' existing workflow at risk? The original behavior should at least be available as an option.
Last edited by wvwang on Mon 1. Apr 2019, 05:12, edited 14 times in total.

aakaravaev

Postby aakaravaev » Sat 30. Mar 2019, 11:45

wacom5 wrote:<...>The cursor needs to remain static while you are scrolling.

Why do you think that cursor have to remain static? What is your reason? Can you explain it?

When I moving pen I want to see moving cursor — because pen controls it. Pen moves, cursor does too. It is obvious, and really strange that you deny it. A lot of people tells you that this behaviour is necessary. At least as an option.

RedRomanov

Postby RedRomanov » Sat 30. Mar 2019, 13:04

Wacom, I think you made a big mistake by halting the cursor movement while scrolling. It was not the original behavior. There are many applications that depend on cursor location for this function, including Windows 10. I have been using tablet to navigate flawlessly until after I updated to the latest version, when I cannot even scroll the start menu. I can only fix this by downgrading to 6.3.25 driver.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Mon 1. Apr 2019, 08:33

I will share all your feedback with the driver team.

As for why the cursor needs to remain stuck, it's because it would create more issues if it was moving. The scroll events are always sent to the location of the cursor, if the cursor were to move with the pen then those scroll messages would be sent outside of the intended application if the pen travels outside of that application. Even inside the same application this can cause issues if you have multiple scroll areas.

Much like when you want to scroll with your mouse, you leave the cursor in its current location, our pen should always do the same. Especially since different programs use different shortcuts to scroll, and we’ll always send the appropriate shortcuts for the front most application but moving the cursor could cause those shortcuts to be sent to a different program that could do something entirely different than scrolling with that shortcut.

I'm not sure if I am able to explain this properly but try to visualise.

RedRomanov wrote:Wacom, I think you made a big mistake by halting the cursor movement while scrolling. It was not the original behavior. There are many applications that depend on cursor location for this function, including Windows 10. I have been using tablet to navigate flawlessly until after I updated to the latest version, when I cannot even scroll the start menu. I can only fix this by downgrading to 6.3.25 driver.

Could you please elaborate? I am not able to reproduce this at all. I can scroll through Windows just fine.

Return to “Drivers”