Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

New Operating System releases:
macOS 12 ("Monterey") support: Is there a driver for macOS 12 Monterey?
Windows 11 support: Is there a driver for Windows 11?

Issues with MS Edge browser:
When MS Edge is updated to version 94 and then opened and interacted with a Pen display the computer will crash and give the “Blue screen of death.”
This is NOT a Wacom driver issue, it has been reported from other devices using Windows Ink as well.
Disabling Windows Ink in Windows will resolve the issue.

See https://support.wacom.com/hc/en-us/arti ... -can-I-do-

Stuck modifier key issue (Yup, still there.)

Everything related to drivers
wacom5

Re: Wacom Cintiq 32 Pro Catalina Sticky keys bug

Postby wacom5 » Tue 1. Jun 2021, 12:58

Mayestro wrote:Unfortunately the problem was not really fixed...
It is impossible to use Express Remote. If I do not use the Remote, everything is fine.

Using the Remote is horrible... key lags, sticky modifier-keys... absolutely unusable....
this is very sad, because it could be the perfect tool!!!

Big Sur 11.3.1
Latest Wacom Driver 6.3.43-3

Is there any chance to get the Remote work properly?

Sebastian

Hi Mayestro. I has merged your topic into this one since they are about the same issue.
Please refer to the post from wacom4 above and provide us as many as possible about the issues you are seeing.

Thanks in advance.

wacom4 wrote:Hi all,
while the description from @tangbingla was already really good, we need more details for each and every case...
Otherwise the development cannot reproduce.

In case you don't want to put detailed information in the forum, please contact us via https://support.wacom.com/hc/en-us.

What we need:
1) Driver version - always ensure that this version is from a "clean" install (https://support.wacom.com/hc/en-us/arti ... -Computer-) and that all macOS security settings are done (https://support.wacom.com/hc/en-us/arti ... on-Mac-OS-).
2) Hardware - both Mac and Wacom device
3) What shortcut are you using
4) How that shortcut is assigned (what option in the driver settings) to the tablet, pen, or touch (what button on their specific model).
5) How the shortcut is used in a specific application.
6) Expected result vs observed result

A use case description always helps as well

Thanks!

your Wacom Customer Services Team
Need immediate help? Contact our Support: https://support.wacom.com

Mayestro

Re: Stuck modifier key issue (Yup, still there.)

Postby Mayestro » Wed 2. Jun 2021, 07:36

What we need:
1) Driver version - always ensure that this version is from a "clean" install (https://support.wacom.com/hc/en-us/arti ... -Computer-) and that all macOS security settings are done (https://support.wacom.com/hc/en-us/arti ... on-Mac-OS-).
6.3.43-3
iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), Wacom Cintiq Pro 32
I use the Expressremote for Modifier Keys (Option, Command, Shift, Space) and some Shortcuts and Menus, as well as touching for Zoom and brush size.
4) How that shortcut is assigned (what option in the driver settings) to the tablet, pen, or touch (what button on their specific model).
first to Buttons on right side and middle are modifier, other buttons are with other functions
Modifier are used to change tool functions
Expected: Expressen remote works as good as the keyboard
Observed: Sticky modifiers, and laggy reaction

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Fri 4. Jun 2021, 11:52

tangbingla wrote:...

Thanks a lot. This was reported to the Driver team and it was already reproduced. The devs check for solutions now.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Fri 4. Jun 2021, 11:53

Mayestro wrote:...

Thank you. Can you just be a bit more detailed about how the shortcuts are being used? Which application(s) does this happen with.

Mayestro

Postby Mayestro » Mon 7. Jun 2021, 09:15

Mac OS Big Sur 11.4
Photoshop 22.4.1

I use often different combinations of OPTION, CMD, CTRL and SHIFT, combines with pen clicks and drags.
The Problem is only when use the Express-Remote. Sometimes it works for 10 to 30 Minutes. and then a modifier gets stuck, I think it is mostly the ALT-Button.

Cannot say exactly wich combinations I use most, but here some:
CRTL+ OPTION + Pen click and hold + Move UP/DOWN, LFET/Right (to Change Brushsize and Hardness)
CMD + SPACE (For Zooming)
SPACE (When drawing vector path, for adjust Points)
OPTION (for picking Colors)

Hope this helps

MariaP

Postby MariaP » Tue 8. Jun 2021, 02:48

I have been having this issue this year. I was on MacOS Catalina (MBPro 15" 2016) and it started happening a few months ago, I recently updated my MacBook Pro to a 2019 model with Big Sur and it is still happening. I have updated the last 2-3 versions of Photoshop in the hope of this issue being resolved. I have also updated the last few versions of the Wacom driver. This issue is extremely disruptive of the painting process.

For example:

Pressing option to select a colour while painting, releasing the key and pressing the stylus to go back to painting only to find the option key is still pressed so you end up selecting another colour. Press the option key again in frustration will release it.

Press Shift key for straight lines, then releasing the key doesn't happen, you end up with strange straight lines you were not intending to draw.

Press Control Shift to toggle brush modes (I toggle mostly between 'Normal' and 'Behind'), press the stylus to paint and the Control key will be stuck which interrupts the flow with a message regarding the value required in a field of the Edit Brush menu.

Press Control Option - drag to resize the brush on the fly, either option or control will get stuck and again interrupt the process.

Press Control Option Command to bring up the colour picker and then attempt to switch layers, Command key will be stuck which will result in suddenly more than one layer being selected making it impossible to paint. You have to hit the Command key again to release it in order to deselect all the extra layers and go to the one you want.

This is all day. Extremely frustrating. I am a professional storyboard artist, and have been using Macs with Wacom tablets since 1997.
I have never experienced this level of malfunction on either.

MacBook Pro 2019 16" Intel (Bought brand new less than a month ago)
Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro DTH-2420 (Bought 2020)
Mac OS Big Sur 11.4
Photoshop 22.4.1
Wacom Driver 6.3.43-3

Adobe is not helping so I hope you can. Sometimes I just want to chuck it all and just draw on my iPad Pro.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Tue 8. Jun 2021, 08:05

Mayestro wrote:Mac OS Big Sur 11.4
Photoshop 22.4.1

I use often different combinations of OPTION, CMD, CTRL and SHIFT, combines with pen clicks and drags.
The Problem is only when use the Express-Remote. Sometimes it works for 10 to 30 Minutes. and then a modifier gets stuck, I think it is mostly the ALT-Button.

Cannot say exactly wich combinations I use most, but here some:
CRTL+ OPTION + Pen click and hold + Move UP/DOWN, LFET/Right (to Change Brushsize and Hardness)
CMD + SPACE (For Zooming)
SPACE (When drawing vector path, for adjust Points)
OPTION (for picking Colors)

Hope this helps

Thanks!

MariaP wrote:...

Hi Maria,

Thanks a lot for this info. Can you just confirm how you are using these modifiers? To be clear, are they assigned to an Expresskey on your Expresskey Remote or the pen? Or are you using a keyboard for this?

Mayestro

Postby Mayestro » Wed 9. Jun 2021, 08:00

Hello, the Problem is only when I use the Express Remote.
Mostly I use Photoshop.

My Photoshop-Setup is:
Express Remote First Right Outer Button = OPT
Express Remote Second Right Outer Button = SHIFT
Express Remote First Inner Button = CMD
Express Remote Second Inner Button = SPACE
Pen Button = CTRL
Pen Upper Button = SPACE
Pen Tip = CLICK

Good Luck... Sebastian

PS:
If the Express Remote worked, the Wacom would be a dream. And a absolutely fantastic tool!

MariaP

Postby MariaP » Mon 14. Jun 2021, 04:56

"Hi Maria,

Thanks a lot for this info. Can you just confirm how you are using these modifiers? To be clear, are they assigned to an Expresskey on your Expresskey Remote or the pen? Or are you using a keyboard for this?"

Hi,
I am using an Apple wireless keyboard for these modifiers. I actually just bought a new Magic Keyboard in case it was related to the age of the keyboard. I got it delivered today and the problem persists.

I have to say though, I bought this Cintiq Pro 24HD late last year when my old one died and I tried to use the included Wacom express key remote for a while. I gave up on the remote as I found that trying to use it was slowing me down.

I can't pinpoint when this sticky keys problem started for me, but it has been in the last 6 months i.e, sometime since I upgraded to the Pro 24HD.

My MacBook Pro also died recently so I am now using a new Mac. I was hoping with the new Mac, new Photoshop, new everything, the problem would disappear... I did migrate my system from a back-up so maybe there is something to that?

Thank you,
Maria

mak78mak

Postby mak78mak » Mon 21. Jun 2021, 16:34

Just to add some more info to this as it’s been an on/off issue for a couple of years now.

1) Driver version - 6.3.43-3 latest driver.
A clean install has been performed.
I did notice preferences remained despite deleting all files including hidden system files that have ‘Wacom’ in them, so any preferences/settings should have been removed. Is there another hidden file without ‘Wacom’ in it that may contain preferences? There was a detailed page here…
https://www.wacom.com/en-au/support?gui ... -(manually)-and-re-install-the-Wacom-driver-on-Mac-OS-for-a-Pen-Tablet%2C-Pen-Display%2C-or-Pen-Computer%3F&guideId=002-235
that explained the process, that no longer exists. I don’t know if it’s now different in Bug Sur?

Mac
iMac Pro (2017)
3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W
32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4
Apple Wireless keyboard connected via Bluetooth or USB-C

Wacom
Intuos 5 Touch
PTH-650/K
Connected via USB directly to Mac
All express keys and touch ring are disabled.

All keyboard modifier keys;
Command key
Control key
Option key
Shift key

Not assigned to any shortcuts on Wacom device. Just standard Mac keyboard modifier keys.

Any shortcut command that utilises the command/option/shift/control keys. Doesn’t seem to be application-specific, will do it any application and Finder. It seems to be random, but quite often.

Key behaves as though it is pressed when it is not when clicking with the Wacom Pen. A single press of the key again will behave as though it has been released. The next use of the key is likely to behave normally and as expected.
The key can also behave like it hasn’t been pressed when it has.

Extremely frustrating in Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign where the modifier keys change the function of the tool you are using.

Some non-Photoshop/Illustrator examples;

Ctrl-Click Outlook definitely caused the Ctrl-key to behave as though it was still pressed. Single-click with Wacom pen was behaving like a right mouse click (as it should fi the key was pressed). Pressing the Ctrl-key again releases it.

Was in Chrome, Option-clicked on the desktop to hide chrome, so now in Finder, then just clicked on outlook icon in the dock, Finder gets hidden, clicked on Teams, Outlook gets hidden. Next keypress was Command, now back to normal.

Just done it after waking the computer to the login screen. Hit the space bar to wake the computer up. Typed in the password and hit enter. Click on teams in the dock and it behaves as if the command key was pressed and opens the application finder window and highlights teams. I didn’t even use the command key this time.

6.3.41-2 did not have this problem and was what I was running until early May in Catalina. I was forced into updating to Big Sur where it didn’t behave properly with Apple's security settings so had to update the Wacom driver. All driver versions since 6.3.41-2 have had sticky key issues for me. All on the same Mac listed above.

Was also present on a Mac 'Bin' last year where I had to roll back to a previous version, that was an earlier version than 6.3.41-2 but can’t remember which version.

Return to “Drivers”