Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

New Operating System releases:
macOS 12 ("Monterey") support: Is there a driver for macOS 12 Monterey?
Windows 11 support: Is there a driver for Windows 11?

Issues with MS Edge browser:
When MS Edge is updated to version 94 and then opened and interacted with a Pen display the computer will crash and give the “Blue screen of death.”
This is NOT a Wacom driver issue, it has been reported from other devices using Windows Ink as well.
Disabling Windows Ink in Windows will resolve the issue.

See https://support.wacom.com/hc/en-us/arti ... -can-I-do-

Stuck modifier key issue (Yup, still there.)

Everything related to drivers
wacom5

Re: Stuck modifier key issue (Yup, still there.)

Postby wacom5 » Tue 22. Jun 2021, 07:08

mak78mak wrote:...

Thank you very much for this valuable information. I will forward this to the devs.
PS: The Driver uninstall link has been moved to our new support page: https://support.wacom.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500006264541-How-do-I-uninstall-manually-and-re-install-the-Wacom-driver-on-Mac-OS-for-a-Pen-Tablet-Pen-Display-or-Pen-Computer-
To remove the preferences, simply use the Utility tool.
Need immediate help? Contact our Support: https://support.wacom.com

samigale

Postby samigale » Thu 24. Jun 2021, 12:24

So after months of frustration I finally work out that this issue that has made me want to throw my computer through the wall is my Wacom tablet. Thank goodness for this thread. Although I desperately need a solution asap.

Basically exactly what Mak78mak said on the 21st June 2021.

I have trialed with 2 Wacom Intuos Pro Medium tablets (plugged in), 3 different keyboards (both plugged and Bluetooth). When I unplugged my wacom, uninstalled the driver, and used a mouse I had no issues.

What we need:
1) Driver version - 6.3.43-3
I performed several clean installs including a FULL FORMAT. Many files needed to be manually deleted, and some files had moved based on your help.

2) Hardware - both Mac and Wacom device
iMac Pro 2017
3.2GHZ 8-core intel xeon w
256GB 2666MHz DDR4
OS: Big Sur 11.4 (also happened with previous versions)
Wacom Intuos Pro Medium tablet (I have two which both are having the same issue)

3) What shortcut are you using
All the modifier keys are having issues (command, control, option, shift)

4) How that shortcut is assigned (what option in the driver settings) to the tablet, pen, or touch (what button on their specific model).
All the wacom preferences are standard. I have turned off several to troubleshoot but can't figure out where the issue is.

5) How the shortcut is used in a specific application.
Affects ALL applications - but randomly, sometimes not even when I press a button.

6) Expected result vs observed result
It randomly turns on a modifier key and will act as if shift has been pressed. Basically, copy and paste what Mak78mak said upthread.

I have turned on accessibility to see what keys were pressed on screen and sometimes it showed things were being pressed. I've had it randomly turn on voiceover (which I don't even know how to do). Basically, my beast of a machine is crippled and I have to reboot it every 15-30 minutes. I performed a full format and reinstall of everything recently trying to diagnose the problem and it all lead me here. This is my third tablet and never have I had these problems prior to the last 3-ish months.

Please fix this asap.

pixelian

Postby pixelian » Fri 2. Jul 2021, 09:30

I have a working tablet (well for at least the last hour)

I followed the steps to uninstall the driver. Additional to that I deleted any file in the folders that had Wacom in the name.

I also used App Cleaner (https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/) to remove the 4 files in Applications > Wacom tablet. (there are still lots of pref files on the system!)

Installed Driver 6.3.41-2, restarted my computer and then set my preferences I use for my pen and tablet. Also changed the options to 'Disable all tablet buttons' (because who uses the buttons!)

Hope this helps anyone who is suffering from the same problem.

Megaflowgraphics

Postby Megaflowgraphics » Mon 5. Jul 2021, 20:32

Just wanted to join in. I recently got an Intuos Pro, running 6.3.43-3 on Mac Catalina, and I'm getting this problem. It was a clean install on a newly-formatted drive. This is extremely frustrating. I have turned all the buttons off on the tablet and the pen, and nothing helps. My only workaround is that if I hit another modifier key (without clicking the pen tip), the stuck modifier turns off.

Does Wacom have anyone working on this?

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Tue 6. Jul 2021, 07:18

Yes, the driver team is working on it. The feedback on this thread has been very helpful in finding the cause of this issue.
Need immediate help? Contact our Support: https://support.wacom.com

PhilBanks

Postby PhilBanks » Wed 7. Jul 2021, 13:23

Just to add, I also have this issue on the Pro..I've even bought a new pen because i thought that might be it after being told by online support that if i deleted the drivers and accompanying files, that must fix it. if it not, it's possibly a hardware or user account issue.
I've wiped the computer and bought a new pen...and the issue is still there.

Macbook Pro
Latest drivers
Latest OS
Using various programmes from Adobe, Maxon, Microsoft and everything else. It acts as if one of the modifyer keys is stuck on...i've now come to dragging my thumb over the 4 keys (command, option, control and shift) every now and then out of habit.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating (not to mention how it slows your process down), coupled with terrible customer service (see above from your online support team); is there any update or projected timeline for when this will be solved?

A6ove6

Postby A6ove6 » Sun 11. Jul 2021, 04:15

Chiming in with similar issue. Happy to have found this thread but disappointed to see many others are in the same hell as I am.

Like most this a recent problem within the last few months. I did not have an issue until updating to 6.3.42-2. I was running 6.3.42-1, never had an issue before then. I even tried downgrading with a clean install back to 6.3.42-1 and the bug remained even though I previously had no issue with this driver version.

For me, the command key is randomly pushed. It is not stuck on from pressing it, it just turns itself on randomly in the middle of my workflow. The rest is identical to what Mak78mak explained on 6/21 and samigale on 6/24.

What we need:
1) Driver version - 6.3.43-1
The problem arose in 43-2. I performed a clean install of 43-1 but the issue stayed.

2) Hardware -
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
24 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Wacom Intuos Pro Medium tablet, Model PTH-651/K
Wacom Intuos Pro Pen KP503E

I have narrowed this down to the Command key

4) How that shortcut is assigned (what option in the driver settings) to the tablet, pen, or touch (what button on their specific model).
All the wacom preferences are standard. I have turned off several to troubleshoot but can't figure out where the issue is.

Affects ALL applications including Finder - happens randomly, typically without even pressing a key/button.

It randomly turns on a modifier key (Command) and will act as if it has been pressed. Basically, copy and paste what Mak78mak said upthread.

tmtedesco

Postby tmtedesco » Thu 22. Jul 2021, 22:10

A6ove6 wrote:Chiming in with similar issue. Happy to have found this thread but disappointed to see many others are in the same hell as I am.

Like most this a recent problem within the last few months. I did not have an issue until updating to 6.3.42-2. I was running 6.3.42-1, never had an issue before then. I even tried downgrading with a clean install back to 6.3.42-1 and the bug remained even though I previously had no issue with this driver version.

For me, the command key is randomly pushed. It is not stuck on from pressing it, it just turns itself on randomly in the middle of my workflow. The rest is identical to what Mak78mak explained on 6/21 and samigale on 6/24.

What we need:
1) Driver version - 6.3.43-1
The problem arose in 43-2. I performed a clean install of 43-1 but the issue stayed.

2) Hardware -
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
24 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Wacom Intuos Pro Medium tablet, Model PTH-651/K
Wacom Intuos Pro Pen KP503E

I have narrowed this down to the Command key

Affects ALL applications including Finder - happens randomly, typically without even pressing a key/button.

It randomly turns on a modifier key (Command) and will act as if it has been pressed. Basically, copy and paste what Mak78mak said upthread.

Just want to keep this going and also say I have this exact same issue as the person above me! same situation, command key stuck any time I'm doing anything. This has happened on my 2013 Mac Pro running the latest version of High Sierra and is now happening on an iMac Pro 2017 running the latest release of Mojave. If I don't use the pen and tablet, I don't get this issue. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX THIS.

PhilBanks

Postby PhilBanks » Tue 27. Jul 2021, 11:02

@wacom5 - is there any update on this issue?

juliussch

Postby juliussch » Thu 29. Jul 2021, 22:14

Hi - I just wanted to chime in that I'm also having this problem, and have never NOT had this problem in the 4 years I've been using a Wacom tablet. Honestly I just thought I had been doing something wrong or had a crummy keyboard, but after replacing it and upgrading my computer, the issue persists. Validating to see that I'm not the only one experiencing it, but also it's absolutely infuriating that after so many years this problem is still present. Like literally all this thing needs to do is be a pen. It has all these silly features that professionals do not use, and the one feature that we do need, for it to just be a #%#$%$ pen and not interfere with Photoshop's basic, core functionality, doesn't work and hasn't worked for HALF A DECADE. I am honestly hard-pressed for words.

I'm running the latest Catalina with the latest PS and latest Wacom driver. I've tried uninstalling with the Wacom utility and reinstalling to no avail. The exact issue is that when I use CTRL+ALT to change brush size and hardness, CTRL does not release, and I have to press it again to get back to drawing. However infuriatingly, it does not exhibit this behavior every time the key combination is pressed, making it impossible to know if the key is stuck prior to drawing. As someone who spends hours in Photoshop every single day as part of their job, I just want to say that finding out after all these years that this was some stupid Wacom bug that you all have known about for YEARS makes me want to set this tablet on fire. I don't know what other information I can provide. I'm speechless that Wacom does not have even just a handful of full-time, professional photographers with beta or RC versions providing feedback about this. Literally any photoshop professional would be encumbered by this bug. This is like a court stenographer who types all day every day having a SHIFT key that doesn't fully release and half the time they press it, it types in all caps and they have to backspace in the middle of their work and start the sentence over again. Do you really think they would not be furious to have to use a keyboard like that?

Anyways. Sorry for the rant but I just am totally shocked that this is actually a bug with the tablet and that you all have known about it for years. If this isn't fixed shortly I will absolutely switch to another brand, using a tablet is a huge part of my work and if I have to pay $200 to make this stupid bug go away it would 100% be worthwhile.

Return to “Drivers”