Chrome OS 87 and later, and Kernel version 4 and later(including 4.4, 4.14 and 4.19).
Which Chrome OS is supported and how can I check the kernel version of my Chromebook?
- Chrome OS 87 and later, and Kernel version 4 and later(including 4.4, 4.14 and 4.19). To find out what version of the Kernel you are running, follow the steps below.
- Press CTRL+ALT+T at the desktop or in the browser to open a terminal
- Type in uname -r to get the full kernel version (e.g. 4.237-19350-g355fd8403066).
Can I use the pen button in Chromebook environment?
Yes, the default setting of the upper button is right click.
Can I use Wacom Desktop Center in Chrome OS?
No, Wacom Desktop Center is not supported by Chrome OS due to Chrome OS specifications.
Do I need to install driver on my compatible Chromebook to use my Wacom device?
No, you do not need to install any driver. Just simply connect your Wacom device to a compatible Chromebook and then you can start using it.
What software is recommended to use for my compatible Chromebook device?
Wacom tested the following software and found them to be compatible with Wacom devices when connected to Chromebook devices.
- Celsys Clip Studio Paint Pro
- Autodesk Sketch book
- Bamboo Paper
- Wacom Note (available in February 2021)
- Chrome Canvas
- Google Keep