Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Solved: Driver 6.3.5w3 Windows 8 = Total disaster

Re: Driver 6.3.5w3 Windows 8 = Total disaster

Postby Wacom » Wed 20. Feb 2013, 09:27

We have a note from our developers, that this problem may be caused by a recent Windows8 update. To fix it, go to Windows device manager, find HID devices and there disable the 'HID Compliant mouse' entry - only disable the entry with the capital 'C', not the entries with lower case 'c'. Then restart and test.
Wacom

Postby TheGreenhabi » Wed 20. Feb 2013, 15:31

Wacom wrote:We have a note from our developers, that this problem may be caused by a recent Windows8 update. To fix it, go to Windows device manager, find HID devices and there disable the 'HID Compliant mouse' entry - only disable the entry with the capital 'C', not the entries with lower case 'c'. Then restart and test.

This are all HID devices I have (with hidden devices too). No device with capital "C". I tried disabling three not hidden HID-compliant devices. Two of them that are related to Wacom disable pen altogether. Third one have no effect. Also disabling Wacom Mouse Monitor doesn't have any effect on pen. Still no right click.

For information: I have all latest updates available through Windows Update.
TheGreenhabi

Postby Wacom1 » Wed 20. Feb 2013, 17:29

The problem with not being able to click caN be caused by a driver install issue.
Here are the steps to confirm that this is the case and a workaround to solve the problem:
1. Open device manager. WinKey + x then hit m.
2. Expand the Mice and other pointing devices section. If you see a mouse labeled "Wacom Mouse Monitor" the issue occurs on your system. Please follow the rest of these steps for the workaround.
3. Before proceeding make sure you have the latest Wacom driver installed (http://www.wacom.eu/downloads).
4. Right Click on Wacom Mouse Monitor and select "Update Driver Software...".
5. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
6. Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
7. Select the "HID-Compliant Mouse" with a CAPITAL C in "Compliant". IMPORTANT! Do not select the one with the
lower case "compliant".
8. Click Next and then Close.
9. Reboot and your tablet should be able to click.
Wacom1

Postby TheGreenhabi » Wed 20. Feb 2013, 18:13

Thank you very much your help! This workaround resolved click issues with pen.
Though, there are still problems with iTunes, Adobe Bridge (similar to Illustrator selection problem) and drag delay. If I can help with diagnostics, I would be glad to help with resolving those issues.
TheGreenhabi

Re: Solved: Driver 6.3.5w3 Windows 8 = Total disaster

Postby democrazy » Sat 23. Feb 2013, 11:58

Hey there,

Was curious so I tried this (I didn't have the "wacom mouse" thing) but tried disabling the Compliant Mouse. I had one hidden also that wouldn't do anything. This made the "modifier click hack not work (it didn't initiate the click anymore) but putting it back to normal click solved teh huge problems in Indesign (completely unusable lag, crashing etc). Only problem is there other programs that needed the hack to work (sublime text 2 etc) (text wont drag select) etc.. I tried doing the application only settings but that didn't work. I have just noticed now while writing this that the right click doesn't work. So back to enabling the HID mouse...

Interesting stuff though... So all to do with how win 8 handles touch and clicks huh?

I would of thought that as a professional os they would of thought this out with professional tool companies?

I really hope they can work this out with you. I am a professional and have used mac and pc. Unlike many/all of my peers who only use mac preaching they don't ahve driver problems. I am a bit embarrassed now that my os of choice is now basically a tablet, word, facebook and youtube operating system instead of a professional system?

UPDATE: tried clicking on the HID Compliant Mouse and doing the "install from computer" steps above, then set up the modifier hack just for sublime text etc and its working (enough to be usable). Sweet. Well so far ;D

UPDATE 2: Turned off computer. Now its back to indesign etc crapping itself.. doh...
democrazy

Postby Wacom » Mon 25. Feb 2013, 10:27

We have some new info regarding the click problem: It should help to unplug the tablet, uninstall the tablet driver, restart Windows8, run all the latest Win8 updates and then attach the tablet and install the tablet driver again. Apparently the issue was fixed in one of the updates from MS.
Wacom

Postby TheGreenhabi » Mon 25. Feb 2013, 16:48

I had seen Wacom Tablet Driver update or something like this from Windows Update, but it failed to install few times. If I can recall correctly, it only appears in updates, when there is no Wacom Driver installed. Hard to catch it and still fails to install.
TheGreenhabi

Postby democrazy » Wed 27. Feb 2013, 00:43

Tried to uninstall (yet) again. But couldnt find a new update. Had a look in history and could see one. Was it titled 'Wacom Driver' etc? Still using modifier for indesign, sublime text and acrobat. In indesign i cannot select and then drag. I have to drag from selecting object. THere is a trick if you click control etc while draggin git kicks in and works... just embarrassing if you have clients around ;D
democrazy

Postby Wacom » Mon 4. Mar 2013, 12:10

The tablets work fine under Windows8 on our test machines, we see no major delays. Of course Windows8 is a new system with bugs and application programs as well as drivers may need to be adjusted. - If you have a problem with the current driver: uninstall it, restart and make sure to get all the patches and updates from MS for Windows8 - there have been fixes affecting the tablet - and after that attach the tablet and install the driver. If there are delay issues still, adjust the slider for the press and hold to rightclick setting and check our recommendatations in the FAQ regarding delays caused by the touch prediction and the visual cursor feedback.
Wacom

Postby yumbo » Tue 5. Mar 2013, 14:39

hey wacom guys,
What are you waiting for, where the new driver?
Work with 635 impossible on win8... believe me, please.
yumbo

PreviousNext

Return to Intuos / Intuos Pro

Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu