Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Intuos5 OSX Maverick Lagging

Intuos5 OSX Maverick Lagging

Postby barokt » Fri 25. Oct 2013, 23:33

Hello i'm working in OS X 10.9 Mavericks My Wacom Intuos 5 tablet doesn't work in this system, drivers need to update.
When i render something or use lots of system power for some programs, wacom gets laggy and not responsive.
I'm try to update latest drivers 6.3.7.2 but not working either.
Please help me, Thank you very much...
Last edited by barokt on Sat 2. Nov 2013, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.
barokt

Re: Intuos 5 Mavericks Lagging

Postby Wacom » Mon 28. Oct 2013, 10:13

The latest tablet driver 6.3.7-3 (on the Wacom US download site) is compatible with Maverick without major issues. In case of problems we recommend to uninstall and reinstall the driver. You may however need to update your application software, if it runs slower on the new OS.
Wacom

Postby DaveH » Mon 28. Oct 2013, 10:15

Have got identical problem with USB intros tablet, doing as suggested has not worked

latest error message after reinstalling driver above

This software is not required by your particular Wacom tablet and does not work with it.

!!!!!

I have now found out that my Intuos 2 does not work at all with maverick - thanks Apple
DaveH

Postby Wacom » Tue 29. Oct 2013, 10:54

For the Intuos2 model try the driver version 6.20. Of course this wasn't tested with Maverick, but it may still work ok.
Wacom

Postby barokt » Tue 29. Oct 2013, 22:41

It's not working again i try install latest drivers. My comp has 32GB RAM and 3.7 i7 processor still lagging and slowness continue...
Specially rendering session it's really really annoying.
barokt

Postby ChrisML » Wed 30. Oct 2013, 05:19

Your driver tablets are not working correctly on Mavericks. Photoshop has been an absolute nightmare to work with. See this forum also.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5798437#5798437
ChrisML

Postby Wacom » Wed 30. Oct 2013, 12:17

Tablet driver 6.3.7 has been tested with Photoshop CC on Maverick and found to be fully compatible. Photoshop is often lagging after a system update, because of changes in the memory and graphics driver handling. You may need to reset Photoshop preferences and adjust the memory handling.
Wacom

Postby ChrisML » Wed 30. Oct 2013, 17:20

Wacom wrote:Tablet driver 6.3.7 has been tested with Photoshop CC on Maverick and found to be fully compatible. Photoshop is often lagging after a system update, because of changes in the memory and graphics driver handling. You may need to reset Photoshop preferences and adjust the memory handling.

No, it's a problem with your driver. Read that forum link I posted. When using your newest driver in Photoshop CC or Photoshop CS6 it interferes with performance and causes freezes. I have verified this on 2 separate brand new late 2013 retina MacBooks Pros and with 2 different Wacom tablets. One of the computers is 13 the other 15 inches, both running Mavericks. Your driver will cause random freezing which renders shortcuts and key presses impossible until you click again to wake up Photoshop from its frozen state and high CPU usage. When using a mouse or the trackpad to control photoshop the program works completely fine. No freezing. How do you explain this? Reinstall the driver?
ChrisML

Postby StudioGB » Wed 30. Oct 2013, 17:58

Dear Wacom!

Please read this carefully!

I own both a Mac Pro with a Intous4 and a MacBookPro with a Intous5. These have been working PERFECTLY just until i updated to 10.9. Now i have the exact same lagging as others are describing on both systems. I HAVE uninstalled and intalled the drivers, but nothing helps. The lag increases with CPU usage, and is NOT present at all when i plug in my normal mouse. The lagging is ONLY on my Intous devices.

Please stop denying the fact. This must be a problem with your drivers? Have you done test with systems being upgraded from 10.8 to 10.9? Or only with clean installs etc...

Kind Regards

Gary Britton
StudioGB

Postby Wacom » Thu 31. Oct 2013, 12:40

Maverick has a number of changes in the system, which may require updates for different programs. Wacom has tested for some months and fixed found problems in the 6.37-3 driver. - Since multi monitor handling was changed in Maverick, that may affect graphics handling. You can try to change the related setting in Mission Control ('Displays have separate Spaces') and see if that effects the problem. This may require an update of the application or graphics driver.
Wacom

Next

Return to Intuos / Intuos Pro

Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu