Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Intuos Creative stylus and iPad Air

Intuos Creative stylus and iPad Air

Postby FrancisSedgemore » Wed 6. Nov 2013, 11:33

Does the Intuos Creative stylus work with the new iPad Air? I ask, as the display technology has changed significantly from the 4th generation iPad. The Pogo pressure-sensitive stylus is said not to work with the iPad Air.
FrancisSedgemore

Re: Intuos Creative stylus and iPad Air

Postby Wacom » Wed 6. Nov 2013, 12:51

I don't have an iPad Air for testing yet, but it should work as long as it works with Bluetooth 4.0. There is currently a known problem in BambooPaper with iOS7.03 after an inApp purchase, where a software updated is required, but the basic function should be ok.
Wacom

Postby ivanzorkic » Sat 9. Nov 2013, 13:45

Any updates on this? I am picking up my Creative Stylus in a week or two and would really like to know if it will work with my iPad Air. The store says "iPad 3 or newer" - so I didn't pay much thought to it, but after hearing Pogo doesn't work, I would really like to know.
ivanzorkic

Postby Carl7 » Sat 9. Nov 2013, 21:40

I have an iPad Air and the Intuos, and my experience is that you will have to press harder than you would expect to have it register anything at all. Sadly, it seems unable to pick up lighter touches. I'm told previous iPad generations work better in this regard. I don't know if this is fixable, and I haven't yet decided whether to return the Intuos for a refund.
Carl7

Postby ivanzorkic » Sun 10. Nov 2013, 15:44

Yes, I've heard about this. But, at least, does the pressure sensitivity work? Is it usable? (note that you had to press a bit harder with ordinary styluses too)
ivanzorkic

Postby ivanzorkic » Sun 10. Nov 2013, 15:50

I would like to see Wacom's official response to this. On twitter (and here too) they usually just say: I don't have an Air yet, but it should work.

I would imagine an industry leader like Wacom could get a few iPad Airs to test their products on it, especially considering they charge a premium price compared to other styluses.
ivanzorkic

Postby Carl7 » Sun 10. Nov 2013, 16:58

Ivanzorkic, yes, pressure sensitivity works in so far as one is able to achieve a range of different pressure levels. However, unless one applies appreciable pressure to begin with, nothing will be registered. I don't have an iPad 4 to compare with, though. Whether you find this usable/enjoyable/workable, depends on your expectations, I think.
Carl7

Postby ivanzorkic » Sun 10. Nov 2013, 17:51

Thanks Carl7, appreciated

Would still like to hear Wacom's official stance on this.
ivanzorkic

Postby ivanzorkic » Mon 11. Nov 2013, 16:15

Just got this response from Wacom EU support

Dear Sir,

thank you for your patience.

We do confirm that there is no issue between the Intuos Creative Stylus and the iPad Air.

You can acquire your Intuos Creative Stylus confidently.

Ok. That settles it. Perhaps it does require more pressure than on older models, but at least I know it works as intended.
ivanzorkic

Postby kolson » Mon 11. Nov 2013, 18:19

Thats a shame...

There is definitely an issue with the Intuos stylus and the new Air. While it may still work as intended, it is definitely not as sensitive as on an iPad 4.
kolson

Next

Return to Intuos / Intuos Pro