Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Pen 'Right Click' Stopped Working

Pen 'Right Click' Stopped Working

Postby Harrismith » Wed 17. Mar 2010, 14:32

INTUOS 3 PTZ-431W
OS Windows 7

When the pen button is set to 'Right Click' it does not work.
It used to work, it has just decided not to!

All other options from both of the Tablet Properties/Pen dropdowns work - just 'Right Click' does not!
I have two tablets and the problem is the same with both - so it's not a faulty pen.

I've done a re-install of the latest driver (6.14), to no effect.
Any ideas?
PS The mouse button 'Right Click' works just fine.
Harrismith

Re: Pen 'Right Click' Stopped Working

Postby Wacom » Wed 17. Mar 2010, 15:53

Go to start menu -> Wacom tablet and use the tablet preference utility to backup, then remove the current tablet settings. This also restarts the driver and should fix the problem.
Wacom

Postby Harrismith » Wed 17. Mar 2010, 16:41

I have applied your suggestions, but still the pen 'Right Click' doesn't work.
All the other pen options and 'Click' options (middle, double & click lock), and the mouse works just fine.
The pen 'Right Click' option in fact behaves like the 'Click' option.
Harrismith

Postby Wacom » Thu 18. Mar 2010, 13:20

When using another pen button or an Expresskey for rightclick, that works ? You do not use the drivers 'click and tab' side switch mode (under options) ?
Wacom

Postby Harrismith » Thu 18. Mar 2010, 15:33

1. When using another pen button or an Expresskey for right-click, that works ?

I'm unsure about this question.
Are you referring to the the pen's two side buttons? If so then neither work for 'right-click.
Nothing on the pen works right-click. Only the Wacom mouse and my keyboard works right-click.
Also I'm unsure what is meant by an Expresskey

2. You do not use the drivers 'click and tab' side switch mode (under options) ?

Correct, under options I have 'Hover Click' selected.
Harrismith

Postby Wacom » Thu 18. Mar 2010, 17:06

Your tablet has a number of buttons and a Touchstrip. You can configure a button to send a rightclick. (This is for getting a better idea about the problem, not meant as a fix.) - You have a regular mouse attached as well and use it in right-handed mode ? Do you use some non-standard driver for the regular mouse/keyboard/touchpad ?
Wacom

Postby Harrismith » Fri 19. Mar 2010, 13:51

Yes, the Wacom Tablet keys can be set to Right-Click' and it work just fine.

The mouse that I have is the Wacom mouse that came with the tablet and and it is used in Right-Handed mode and functions correctly. I don't have any other mouse attached.

However, I do have a Logitech diNovo keyboard which has a 'Touch Disc'. The keyboard has been attached all the time and both Keyboard and Wacom used to worked well together.

I have disabled the keyboard and removed it's drivers to see if that is the source of the problem - but no, the problem persists.

I have two Wacom Tablets, both with pen and mouse, and the problem is the same with both.
Hope this helps!
Harrismith

Postby Wacom » Mon 22. Mar 2010, 10:29

If these tablet are different categories with different driver versions (like Bamboo and Intuos), you should reset the tablet preference files for both drivers. If you have a file 'pentabletdefaults.xml' or tablet.dat in SYSTEM32 you should delete these as well, then restart the driver.
Wacom

Postby Harrismith » Tue 23. Mar 2010, 11:16

The two tablets I have are;
Intuos3 4x6
Intuos3 4x5
...and all the keys/strips etc. are set for the same functions/clicks.
I did not find 'pentabletdefaults.xml', but I did find 'wacom_tablet.dat', which I have deleted.

I have rebooted my system and the pen right-click still doesnt work!
Any idea what I should do next....please!
Harrismith

Postby Wacom » Tue 23. Mar 2010, 14:13

You can still try the following: Press Windowskey+R, enter 'msconfig' and select the Systemstart panel. There is an option to disable all start items for testing. Use this and restart the system. This will disable certain software running in background, which may cause such a problem. If the problem disappears, you can step by step enable more of these background processes until the conflict is found.
Wacom

Return to Intuos / Intuos Pro