Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Double Click problem with OS X Lion

Re: Double Click problem with OS X Lion

Postby luchuygen » Wed 27. Jul 2011, 10:18

Not sure what triggered it exactly, but I was playing with ScreenRecycler (as an alternative to use my 3rd monitor on Lion), and now I lost the double-click too :-(

I do notice 2 things:
- starting the TableDriver takes quite a while after a reboot/login (20-30 secs)
- after this an error is logged in console:

27-07-11 11:02:34,149 TabletDriver: Finish launching /Library/Application Support/Tablet/WacomTabletDriver.app/Contents/Resources/TabletDriver.app
27-07-11 11:02:34,150 com.wacom.wacomtablet: Jul 27 11:02:34 luc-laptop.linuks.nl TabletDriver[281] <Error>: Finish launching /Library/Application Support/Tablet/WacomTabletDriver.app/Contents/Resources/TabletDriver.app

The Tablet works fine, _except_ the Double Click, even though the System Prefs -> Wacom -> About -> Diagnose... perfectly detects all "Switches".
I tried the uninstall, verify disk, reinstall trick but to no avail.
luchuygen

Postby luchuygen » Wed 27. Jul 2011, 16:35

Thought I might update you on the current situation:
I found out that after I started Parallels Desktop (I need MS Access once in a while) my double-click WORKED both in Windows XP and Lion!

Unfortunately things were not really stable... after some time I completely lost the mouse in XP and Lion only had right-click without double-click.
Several reboots later I now have a "working" config:
- Wacom OsX driver version 6.1.5-2 (one older than current, but that is not the trick I guess)
- still the "Error" after loading TabletDriver.app in console messages
- RUNNING Parallels Deskop 6; if I close Parallels I also loose my double-click in Lion!

Switching back and forth between Lion and Windows sometimes give a little trouble (hanging left/right in the VM) but that is easily solved with the mouse-relase key-combo.

All in all these is probably more to this problem than just the Wacom driver...
luchuygen

Postby juannacho » Tue 2. Aug 2011, 11:08

I'll add my voice to this!

Double click on pen button is extremely hit and miss (mostly miss!). Also - I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but the pen seems to 'stick' when making standard 'tap down' clicks.

A good example of this would be in Flash trying to make multiple selections from a row of objects by 'shift-clicking' Normally I could zip along a row of items tapping on each thing I wanted to select.

After the Lion update each time I click, there is a perceptible delay before the cursor 'snaps' off the last selection and lets me use it again! It's a massive pain in the backside if I'm honest!

Chop chop Wacom! Let's have us a nice new driver update! And no - reinstalling the existing drivers is not the solution. That's the kind of 'support' I'd expect from PC World ;P
juannacho

Postby Wacom » Tue 2. Aug 2011, 15:33

The problem could be verified by our QA. Myself I am using an Expresskey set for doubleclick at the moment.
Wacom

Postby xoxox » Tue 9. Aug 2011, 18:05

/push

So, where's my new driver? Couldn't believe it, that it takes week for bugfixing...
xoxox

Postby helvetica » Wed 10. Aug 2011, 14:24

Wacom wrote:The problem could be verified by our QA. Myself I am using an Expresskey set for doubleclick at the moment.

ExpressKeys would be nice, unfortunately I am using an Intuos 2. Is this a case of Intuos waiting for us to buy a new tablet and take the hit? Not for me - I would sooner put the money into a new Mc Pro / iMac and get the trackpad. bad form Wacom, no mention of Lion compatibility in the european or american site.

Older tablet users left behind.
helvetica

Postby goodthinking » Thu 11. Aug 2011, 02:50

Add another with the double click problem under Lion. I'm using an Intuos3, also duplicated the problem with an Intuos4 brought home from work.
goodthinking

Postby Catherine » Fri 12. Aug 2011, 17:32

Hello Wacom, do you have any driver updates yet to fix the double-click issue with Lion?
Catherine

Postby Festarossa » Sat 13. Aug 2011, 13:59

Double click don't work in Intuos2, nor in Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch.

Any fix on horizon?
Festarossa

Postby wintergreen » Mon 15. Aug 2011, 19:42

Wacom wrote:Thanks for your info. - In general when updating to a new OS version Wacom recommends to uninstall the tablet driver, restart, run diskutil with 'repair permissions' and then install the latest tablet driver. - Overinstallion of the OS often results in such irregular problems.

REALLY?! There are how many threads on this issue for since Lion's release? Coupled with the fact that this issue was in every developer release made available by Apple for the last 6 months and yet no-one at Wacom is aware of the problem?
wintergreen

PreviousNext

Return to Intuos / Intuos Pro

Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu