Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Double Click problem with OS X Lion

Re: Double Click problem with OS X Lion

Postby juannacho » Tue 16. Aug 2011, 20:58

It's a pretty poor show from Wacom so far. Doesn't even seem like it ought to be that big a deal either?! I mean, the drivers basically work, they just need tweaking for the new OS.

Still, compared to what Lion's done to Photoshop printing, this is small beer...

:(
juannacho

Postby sproutboy » Fri 19. Aug 2011, 10:02

I upgraded to Lion and all worked fine (Intuos 4). I then upgraded the Wacom driver and had the same problem with the double click. The only problem now was to remember what the last installed version was. Couldn't! So, I systematically went back through them all until I found the one that worked. It is version 6.1.1-2 The only issue is that the preferences are 32-bit, so it closes and reopens a 32-bit version of the prefs. Other than this minor issue, it all seems to work fine until Wacom release a fix.
sproutboy

Postby Catherine » Fri 19. Aug 2011, 10:07

sproutboy wrote:I upgraded to Lion and all worked fine (Intuos 4). I then upgraded the Wacom driver and had the same problem with the double click. The only problem now was to remember what the last installed version was. Couldn't! So, I systematically went back through them all until I found the one that worked. It is version 6.1.1-2 The only issue is that the preferences are 32-bit, so it closes and reopens a 32-bit version of the prefs. Other than this minor issue, it all seems to work fine until Wacom release a fix.

That's interesting. Thank you so much. :)
Catherine

Postby helvetica » Fri 19. Aug 2011, 11:56

sproutboy wrote:It is version 6.1.1-2 The only issue is that the preferences are 32-bit, so it closes and reopens a 32-bit version of the prefs.

what do you know - it works. good workaround Sproutboy. I wonder if newer versions work, although for my Intuos 2 I don't think it would make much difference.
helvetica

Postby wintergreen » Sat 20. Aug 2011, 10:07

The 611-2 driver doesn't work for me. It the tablet just doesn't work at all with that driver.
wintergreen

Postby davidvb » Tue 23. Aug 2011, 10:06

its not just double-clicking thats the problem. Often the cursor gets sticky and you'll have to restart to fix that. Also I can't drag playlists in iTunes with the wacom while it works fine with any other mouse-device.
davidvb

Postby bernied » Wed 24. Aug 2011, 12:00

I'v had the double click problem with OSX Panther and now seems worse with OSX Lion. So that rules out the OS System.

Through fault finding, I noticed that even when you unistall the Wacom driver (so no driver at all), the Double Click problem still happens. So it rules out the Wacom Drivers.

Also Double Click Problem occurs in all Applications including Finder. So can't blame any programs.

From reading on forums it seems that all types of Wacom models are experiencing the problem on PC/Mac and all Op systems.

So WTF. I'm mystified.

I suspect it may be something to do with Hardware. I'v had my Intuos 3 for 4 years with no problems. And all of a sudden its practically unusable.
bernied

Postby Wacom1 » Wed 24. Aug 2011, 13:24

@bernied:
In case there is no driver installed, the pen side switches are not functional at all. This can explain the issue you are seeing.

Can you check the side switch functionality in the diagnose (once you have the driver installed again) to make sure it is no hardware issue?
Open the Wacom Tablet Properties, click on ABOUT. In the ABOUT window choose DIAGNOSE. The "Switches" shows which switch is pressed. The side switch buttons are 2 and 3. So if you press the side switch the "2" repspectively "3" should be shown here.
Wacom1

Postby wintergreen » Wed 24. Aug 2011, 14:34

@bernied: I don't think you are having the same problem as the rest of us. We are only experiencing an issue since upgrading to Lion. Double-click works fine for me for example, when in Windows (Boot Camp) using the same hardware.
wintergreen

Postby katzschn » Tue 30. Aug 2011, 00:54

Just wanted to add my voice to the mix. Am experiencing the same error: double-click does not work from the side switch since I upgraded to Lion. I've attempted all the suggested fixes, but no luck.

My setup: first generation Mac Pro, OS 10.7.1, Intuos2 6x8, Driver Version 6.1.6-4, Side Switch Mode set to "Hover Click," Switch 2 set to "double-click." Double-click does not work (it acts like a single click).

What's up Wacom? Are you paying attention? Is this an extremely difficult fix? Can we get a driver update that fixes the bug? Thanks!
katzschn

PreviousNext

Return to Intuos / Intuos Pro