Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Cusor gets stuck within small rectangular area

Cusor gets stuck within small rectangular area

Postby alexkidd86 » Sun 15. Feb 2009, 20:57

Im having trouble with the wacom tablet. I have 2 wacom tablets now, i have the wacom tablet graphire 4, and recently i purchased the wacom cintiq. well, ive been experiencing a strange problem recently that has to due with the cursor. its kind of hard to explain this problem but i will explain this problem to the best of my ability.

So today i decided not to use the wacom cintiq and instead, i decided to use the wacom tablet mouse and pen. I opened up Adobe illustrator, however as it loads up, the cursor all of a sudden jumps to another position. i move my wacom mouse, and i realize that i cannot move the cursor within the entire screen. So for some reason, i can only move the cursor within a small rectangular area within the adobe illustrator window. i minimize the illustrator window, then the cursor can move within the entire screeen again. I go back to the illustrator window, the cursor gets stuck within this rectangular area again. So in this case, i have to close illustrator since i cannot move the cursor within the entire screen. the only way that i can fix this problem is by going to properties, and changing the screen resolution of the monitor to the way that i had it in the wacom cintiq, 1280 by 768. But i dont want my main monitor to be this resolution. My monitor is set on 1600 by 1200 pixels so that way i can see more ofthe screen.
i opened up adobe photoshop and i experienced the same problem, the cursor gets stuck within this rectangular area. i suspect that this rectangular area is the size of the wacom cintiqs screen, so i get the idea that this has something to do with the wacom cintiq. maybe some type of conflict?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
alexkidd86

Re: Cusor gets stuck within small rectangular area

Postby Wacom » Mon 16. Feb 2009, 10:25

Go to Start->Programs->Pen Tablet and use the utility to 'reset the tablet preferences'. You may do the same also for Wacom Tablet, which refers to the Cintiq driver.

If that does not help, uninstall bothe drivers, restart and install the most recent drivers again. Make sure to use drivers with the same Dot version, so f.e. 6.10 and 5.10.
Wacom

Return to Cintiq / PL

Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu