NEW tablet drivers 6.3.21-10 for Windows and 6.3.21-8 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Main change is support for the new Cintiq Pro 16 model and a new 'Wacom echo' feature for MobileStudio Pro.

for Windows: Fixed several problems related to touch on display tablets. Last update for an issue with transferring paper sketches or sketching in Inkspace

for OSX: Wavy lines problem fixed polus a number of other issues fixed or improved.

Surface book PB vs mobile studio pro 16 uk

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
surfacefanboi

Surface book PB vs mobile studio pro 16 uk

Postby surfacefanboi » Fri 10. Feb 2017, 22:09

After weeks of trying to choose between the i7 Performance base surface book and the mobile studio pro 16 i7, I decided on wacom for its superior pen and hardware. Now the problems begin.....no availability in the Wacom EU shop which does not ship to the UK anyway, no availability at any UK suppliers. Now I am reading stuff about a lack of customer support if the tablet goes wrong......who do I ship it back to in the UK???? Wacom seems to have no presence!!!! I am also not clear what the warranty period is 1 or 2 years in Europe ???? So now I am wavering due to the apparent lack of support from wacom, is this how it is ??? If the SB goes wrong I ship it back to the Microsoft store! How have users here found wacom support. ? Thnx
“I do not fear computers. I fear lack of them.”
— Isaac Asimov :lol:

wacom1

Re: Surface book PB vs mobile studio pro 16 uk

Postby wacom1 » Sun 12. Feb 2017, 15:45

The Wacom eStore for UK was opened recently, but also any PC dealer in UK can order tablets from our distributors. If there is a hardware problem, your dealer should be able to help, warranty in Europe is 2 years and European dealers are obliged by law to help if repair is needed. You can also contact European Wacom support and send devices directly to Wacom Europes service center, if needed.

surfacefanboi

Postby surfacefanboi » Sun 12. Feb 2017, 18:34

Thank you for the reply, could you supply me the URL for the UK shop please, to make sure I have the correct website. Thanks

surfacefanboi

Postby surfacefanboi » Fri 17. Feb 2017, 13:50

I bought the Wacom device, a bit of heart over head decision, but also I have to say I have only briefly seen and used a MSPB never a Wacom, but on paper (and YouTube) the Wacom looks by far the superior drawing and Photoshop device. Pity about the battery life though, but should be enough for me. Looking forward to delivery next week :)

Dunnroamin

Postby Dunnroamin » Fri 17. Feb 2017, 16:56

I bought my Wacom MSP from Wex Photographic, based in Norwich, UK. I ordered it one day, and it was delivered the next day. I needed to ask a technical question, and found the staff member I spoke to very helpful. I have absolutely no connection with the company.

surfacefanboi

Postby surfacefanboi » Fri 17. Feb 2017, 18:15

Dunnroamin wrote:I bought my Wacom MSP from Wex Photographic, based in Norwich, UK. I ordered it one day, and it was delivered the next day. I needed to ask a technical question, and found the staff member I spoke to very helpful. I have absolutely no connection with the company.

Hi thanks for the reply, I bought mine from Calumet, although I won't get it until next week. They are close by to me in Glasgow so I can take it back if any problems! Hope you are enjoying the device it looks great, but like you I have only picked it from youtube and research, are you happy with it?

Dunnroamin

Postby Dunnroamin » Sat 18. Feb 2017, 14:32

So far, I'm very happy with it, but I haven't been able to use it properly yet, because I haven't got a good image editing tool installed. I'm sure you'll be delighted with yours because it's got that feel of quality and solid construction. Good luck mate. D.

Return to “Pen Computers”