New driver posted for Mac, version 6.3.25 now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver is still 6.3.24. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Cintiq Companion 2 - Black Screen, No Backlight

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
Novarite

Cintiq Companion 2 - Black Screen, No Backlight

Postby Novarite » Wed 28. Dec 2016, 17:51

Hi!

I'm having some trouble with my cintiq companion 2. The screen has ceased functioning, remaining black no matter what I try.

The screen died while I was drawing and I haven't been able to get it working again.
I've tried placing it on standby, rebooting and powering down then back up. I have also tried removing the power cable and reattaching it.
When switching on the fans rev up as it would when booting up. The air flow also change direction when tilted as they should.
It seems the system is booting up there just isnt any screen showing, no backlight either.

The system did try a windows 8 update the evening before however was unable to due to poor internet connection. It seemed to work fine for a while after this.
I have had some other previous trouble with the companion before that may relate to this issue.
On the occasion the cintiq companion 2 wouldn't shut down even after hours of waiting so I have had to manually force shut it down.
I have also on other occasions have had the screen die on me before, usually either going onto standby mode or more often force shut down and boot to fix the problem.

I hope someone can give some advice on what I can do or try to get my screen working again.
Heres the model number if it helps - DTH-W1310

Thank you in advance for any help. : )

Edit: Small update- I've managed to find a monitor to use and found that the system is running. The pen and touch are also working, however, the computer is unable to detect the companion's monitor. The wacom desktop center is also constantly seeing the battery as being low even when windows itself is saying its plugged into mains.
I have reset the companion back to factory installation and I have completely uninstalled the main tablet drivers and reinstalled them. I've still not been able to get windows to detect the companions screen.

Kamuimui

Re: Cintiq Companion 2 - Black Screen, No Backlight

Postby Kamuimui » Sun 15. Jan 2017, 19:04

Hi There,
I have the same problem.
Before today, the last time I used the Companion2 was in the beginning of December.
Today I updated some Adobe-Apps (in mobile mode), and after starting Illustrator, I drawed about half an hour.

Then the monitor went black, the computer itself hoever, seems to be running in the background.
It is also a Model DTH-W1310.

I tried to power off and restart ist, but the screen stays black.
I also tried Tablet-Mode on my MacBook.
The MacBook recognizes the other monitor, but the Companion stays black and the pen doesn’t work.

Any help would be apreciated, thanks you! :)
Nadine

jacksonjack

Postby jacksonjack » Mon 16. Jan 2017, 11:38

It is no doubt your LCD board that has been broiled. I'f I'm not mixed up the clear screen would have happened when you connected to the power attachment. A power spike blows the board. This is by all accounts one of the Companion shortcomings. Buy an Essay Online They really suggest NOT connecting to the attachment while controlled up which is a most strange thought on a convenient gadget!

Novarite

Postby Novarite » Tue 17. Jan 2017, 16:21

Thanks for the replies.

I've ended up sending the companion off for repair and will be probably getting a refurbished model.

It might be worth contacting support Kamuimui, see if they can help or get it repaired.

Thanks for the information Jack. It was plugged before I had booted the machine up but its really good information to keep for the future. I was not aware of that issue.

Kamuimui

Postby Kamuimui » Thu 19. Jan 2017, 13:20

Yes, mine was also plugged in before booting.

I would never again work unplugged:
when I was working on a PS-Dokument, and the device went out because of a lack of power while I was working, the PS-File was not usable anymore afterwards … I had that twice in the last year …
This way I also learned to create backup-files as often as possible … ;)

Well I think, I will contact the support then.
Thank you for your Help! :)
Nadine

reneebetrand

Postby reneebetrand » Wed 19. Apr 2017, 06:10

It is no doubt your LCD board that has been broiled. I'f I'm not mixed up the clear screen would have happened when you connected to the power attachment. A power spike blows the board. This is by all accounts one of the Companion shortcomings. UK dissertation help They really suggest NOT connecting to the attachment while controlled up which is a most strange thought on a convenient gadget!

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Wed 19. Apr 2017, 09:01

If the screen stays black, but you see signs of the unit working: try attaching a second screen. If that works, you have a chance to check the system and backup your data. If the Companion screen is seen in Windows display settings, you might be able to activate it again. Otherwise the device needs to go for repair.

Eliseward92

Postby Eliseward92 » Mon 22. May 2017, 11:14

When I was employed on a PS-Document, and the device went out because of a deficiency of power although I was working, the PS-File was not practical anymore later.

KapaWaco

Postby KapaWaco » Sun 18. Jun 2017, 17:03

I have exactly the same problem. I contacted Wacom and have had no reply since :(

BertoLin

Postby BertoLin » Tue 20. Jun 2017, 19:00

Another one here with the same problem. Left the Companion fully charged one week without using it, it didn't turn on so I plugged the charger (great logic here). It booted but without the screen (took me time to realize it was working but screen wasn't detected).

Now for what I read it seems we shouldn't connect our charger while it's on or booting or I don't know, because we can fried some board or transistor.

And this happened just when the two years warranty expired.

Great

Return to “Pen Computers”