DRIVER UPDATE
Upgrading to Mac OS 10.14 Mojave? A new driver has been released. Check the Wacom Desktop Center for the update notice. However, a new Mac OSX security feature requires some additional changes to run the Wacom Driver correctly. Please see the instructions found on our support page here:https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=Is-there-a-compatible-driver-for-Mac-OS-10.14-Mojave%3F&guideId=d4bced14-ee83-4141-a953-a2d0e39c4946

Wacom Drivers:
September 2018: New drivers released version Driver 6.3.31-4 for Windows and Driver 6.3.31-4 for Mac OSX, with various bugfixes. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Error Message: "<DNL> Lorem ipsum iunctus tabula haud diutius laboris. Est mortuus. Absentis. Kaput."
Please check: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1888

Google Chrome - Clicking issues:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Registration
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?:https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=How-do-I-register-my-Wacom-device%2525253F&guideId=4244ade8-634a-433c-88b4-31d83e63226c

New driver ruins Clip Studio pen performance

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
FVorange
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri 21. Sep 2018, 18:55

New driver ruins Clip Studio pen performance

Postby FVorange » Fri 21. Sep 2018, 19:02

Hello,

I wanted to leave a warning here that the new driver adds lag to every quick stroke in Clip Studio Paint, making curves have a straight start.
I'm using MSP13 256gb, with Clip Studio Paint 1.8.

Here's a few examples of the problem:

Image

Turning off double click distance (a common fix) does nothing here.

Any suggestions? Please look into this issue.
Last edited by FVorange on Wed 26. Sep 2018, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.

wacom5
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue 8. Aug 2017, 14:35

Re: New driver ruins Clip Studio pen performance

Postby wacom5 » Mon 24. Sep 2018, 08:51

Thank you for this feedback. Which Operating System are you using? Which version of CSP?

FVorange
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri 21. Sep 2018, 18:55

Re: New driver ruins Clip Studio pen performance

Postby FVorange » Wed 26. Sep 2018, 08:46

wacom5 wrote:Thank you for this feedback. Which Operating System are you using? Which version of CSP?


I'm using MSP13 256gb (Windows 10), with Clip Studio Paint 1.8.
I did the thread in a rush, just updated the info on the main post.

I've also tried updating to 6.3.31-4, but the problem remains.

FVorange
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri 21. Sep 2018, 18:55

Re: New driver ruins Clip Studio pen performance

Postby FVorange » Wed 26. Sep 2018, 13:10

Quick update:

I've updated to Clip Studio Paint 1.8.2 and the problem persists.

wacom5
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue 8. Aug 2017, 14:35

Re: New driver ruins Clip Studio pen performance

Postby wacom5 » Wed 26. Sep 2018, 14:55

I tried reproducing using latest driver + Clip Studio Paint 1.8.2 and could not reproduce. Using MSP 16 512GB (Can't test on 13" at the moment but shouldn't make any difference). I can't see any lag and the lines are following my movement accurately. I drew large and small strokes at different speeds. I tried 2 different pens.
Please try resetting the driver settings. Use the Wacom Preference File Utility to back up and remove your preferences.

Additionally, Please test the pen. Open a new canvas, paint it all black and draw strokes with the eraser end of your pen. Does is also lag?

Bakadori
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon 1. Oct 2018, 21:34

Re: New driver ruins Clip Studio pen performance

Postby Bakadori » Mon 1. Oct 2018, 21:44

I have the exact same problem, except my MSP is 512GB. Tried strokes with the eraser, same problem. Removed settings, uninstalled driver and installed again, nothing changed.

FVorange
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri 21. Sep 2018, 18:55

Re: New driver ruins Clip Studio pen performance

Postby FVorange » Tue 2. Oct 2018, 11:39

wacom5 wrote:I tried reproducing using latest driver + Clip Studio Paint 1.8.2 and could not reproduce. Using MSP 16 512GB (Can't test on 13" at the moment but shouldn't make any difference). I can't see any lag and the lines are following my movement accurately. I drew large and small strokes at different speeds. I tried 2 different pens.
Please try resetting the driver settings. Use the Wacom Preference File Utility to back up and remove your preferences.

Additionally, Please test the pen. Open a new canvas, paint it all black and draw strokes with the eraser end of your pen. Does is also lag?


I did a clean install, and the lag problem was still there. Forgot to try the eraser unfortunately.

Bakadori
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon 1. Oct 2018, 21:34

Re: New driver ruins Clip Studio pen performance

Postby Bakadori » Wed 3. Oct 2018, 00:50

Bakadori wrote:I have the exact same problem, except my MSP is 512GB. Tried strokes with the eraser, same problem. Removed settings, uninstalled driver and installed again, nothing changed.


I found out what was causing my problem: Within CSP File/Preferences/Using tablet service, switch from Wintab to TabletPC.

I had made a clean CSP install in my new Wacom and that's why the setting was reseted, but I was convinced I tried that change before posting here. I was wrong!

wacom5
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue 8. Aug 2017, 14:35

Re: New driver ruins Clip Studio pen performance

Postby wacom5 » Thu 4. Oct 2018, 08:55

Thank you for letting us know. I checked my settings and with both settings my lines were still normal. Are you sure your Windows is fully up to date?

FVorange
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri 21. Sep 2018, 18:55

Re: New driver ruins Clip Studio pen performance

Postby FVorange » Tue 9. Oct 2018, 10:27

wacom5 wrote:Thank you for letting us know. I checked my settings and with both settings my lines were still normal. Are you sure your Windows is fully up to date?


I just updated windows, tried again, and the issue is still there...
I'm using the wintab setting in CSP. When using the Tablet PC setting, the issue doesn't occur but pen accuracy is not as good (ex: when I draw small circles they are jaggier than if I use Wintab).

Also, this only happens in Clip Studio, not in photoshop.


Return to “Pen Computers”