Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/
Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Mac OS 10.15 Catalina Support:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-916
NOTE: Apple already released an update of 10.15 which solves some of these issues. Please make sure you have the latest update.

Why is the cursor on Windows a white dot or crosshairs? [FIXED]:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-661

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Drawing software:
If you wondering which software to choose, check the trial versions below:

MSP 16 Discoloured Pixels

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
Sykosan

MSP 16 Discoloured Pixels

Postby Sykosan » Sat 15. Dec 2018, 13:15

I have had a strange issue with the screen of my MobileStudio Pro 16. Twice already.
I have had it fixed but I want to prevent it from happening again.
If someone can help that would be great.
The problem is a slow spread of discolored pixels across the screen of the tablet.
At first it is very faint and only visible when the screen is displaying black. With time the amount of discoloured pixels increases and they get brighter and brighter. It is like a disease spreading through the screen. It takes weeks and months to get bad but after 6 months of use it becomes a real issue. I attached some pictures to show the problem I had.
Now that I have had my screen replaced, I don't want this to happen again.
Does anyone know how this happens and how to prevent it?
Thanks.
PS: My feeling is that there is some kind of build up of dust inside the screen which interferes with the pixels. However I don't work in a dusty environment. Just a regular office. Maybe some electrostatic effect?

wacom5

Re: MSP 16 Discoloured Pixels

Postby wacom5 » Mon 17. Dec 2018, 15:48

I wish there is something I can recommend to avoid this but unfortunately, it is something that might happen regardless. Just be sure to contact support if you see this issue again.

sixbuttonpad

Postby sixbuttonpad » Sat 27. Apr 2019, 01:47

I was actually wondering if Wacom could disclose why this is happening. I've just had 3 exchanges over it, and am on track to have the 4th. I've reached the point where I can spot it in the early stages, so I'm just going to wait for it to get worse over the course of several months and then appeal to Support yet again. All I remember is the previous MSPs shared a serial # that started with 7IH, and now I'm on one that says 7JH, so I was extremely hopeful it was over.

The screen supplier seems the most likely culprit, but I don't know. There is still no known way to prevent it from happening? You know, I get a fresh set of accessories, along with an MSP with a renewed warranty, every time I get a successful RMA over this, but I tend to keep using the older power adapter instead of the new one. If you think there's any chance it has anything to do with the power adapter, please let me know.

sixbuttonpad

Postby sixbuttonpad » Fri 4. Oct 2019, 22:10

Hey,

So my 4th unit has ended up doing it, to to a relatively small degree but it's still there. I tried to have it RMAed but found out that the warranty was only ever for 90-days (here in America) instead of one year.

I know this is a stretch, but I literally just had to ask if Wacom is deeply aware of this issue and if it was resolved in their manufacturing process for the 2019 MSP16. There is speculation that Wacom designed the display stack with extremely tight tolerances—too tight—for whatever tooling/QC they are using. That means any stress on the screen is being amplified by the weak glass layer and internal pressure within the display assembly. This eventually causes the LCD layer to be permanently deformed causing sparkling and discoloration.

I know you have to be very careful with what you say but it would be awesome to hear that there have been changes, maybe even such as somewhat thicker or otherwise stronger optical bonding between the glass and the LCD.

kangum

Postby kangum » Thu 10. Oct 2019, 02:59

I have seen 2 different posts on the internet with this same issue. the first was a wacom cintiq 16 pro. after 1 year it developed the issue clearly where the palm was resting on the screen. The secomd post was a msp 16 with the same exact issue where the dead pixels appeared where you rest your palm. What it appears to be is the screen is getting damaged pixels due to the glass being too thin. I am not an expert but it always seems to develop where the hand rests on the screen.

Return to “Pen Computers”