Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Bamboo and Mountain Lion

Bamboo and Mountain Lion

Postby hiroru » Fri 27. Jul 2012, 19:48

Hi all!

Today I was trying to install Bamboo driver on Mountation Lion but it doesn't work!

Can't install bmboo software because installer is not compatible with new OS :(

Are you working on it?
hiroru

Re: Bamboo and Mountain Lion

Postby spiro agnew » Fri 27. Jul 2012, 22:55

The Wacom installer isn't signed, so you'll have to change the security settings on your computer to do the installation.
1. Go to the preference panes, choose "Security & Privacy"
2. Change the setting for "Allow applications downloaded from" to "Anywhere", instead of the default value ("Mac App Store and identified developers")

After which, the installer should run without a problem.
spiro agnew

Postby hiroru » Sat 28. Jul 2012, 08:43

Thanks! It works
hiroru

Postby teko92 » Sun 29. Jul 2012, 17:41

Did you actually get it to work or only to install?

Wacom drivers makes my Mountain Lion installation unstable. Removing them everything works fine. Tablet does not work.

According to e.g. http://roaringapps.com/apps:table/link_ ... oper:wacom, the Bamboo products are not working under Mountain Lion which seems consistent with my personal experience.

Anyone here got success with their tablets under Mountain Lion? Which version of drivers? What was done?

Thanks
teko92

Postby bazman » Wed 1. Aug 2012, 08:22

My Bamboo works if it is plugged in before I boot my macbook pro. If the machine is already on and I plug in the tablet the keyboard and touchpad stop responding. The power button brings up the shutdown screen but have to long press to power off. My work's machine (imac) does the same thing. These are the drivers I used...

ftp://ftp.wacom-europe.com/pub/Mac/cons526-3_int.dmg
bazman

Postby Wacom » Fri 3. Aug 2012, 13:47

Bamboo tablets with driver 5.26 work fine with Mountain Lion. These driver are only not 'signed' yet and Gatekeeper will tell you that it comes from an 'unidentified developer'. When you select 'open' nevertheless the installer continues and the tablet works as usual. There might be some issue with older models though.
Wacom

Postby mwaldegg » Fri 3. Aug 2012, 17:39

Hi!

I Have the same issue as mentioned above. So i cant confirm that 5.26 works fine with Mountain lion.. ;((

When i plugin my Bamboo Pen and Touch my OSX 10.8 freezes (Trackpad and Keyboard don't respond).
When this happens i have to do a "hard" power down..

Some other people are reporting the same problem:
http://roaringapps.com/app:4671

Also tried to remove the driver and did a reinstallation - same problem again ;(

Kind regards
Markus
mwaldegg

Postby ahorndesign » Mon 6. Aug 2012, 09:07

I can also confirm the problem with Bamboo Pen and Touch after unpluging. Some of the things I observe:
- System Settings will not lauch (the complete panel)
- Touchpad stops registering multitouch gestures
- Some keybord problems, but I can't reproduce now to describe them in detail.

Solutions tried:
- Disable Gatekeeper
- Try all drivers back since the launching of the first Bamboo (drivers older than than 2009 do not detect the tablet at all)

It is a substantial problem and I am hoping Wacom will react quickly. Thanks!
ahorndesign

Postby jochem » Mon 6. Aug 2012, 10:49

My pen&touch works perfectly fine on osx 10.8 but I can't get the wireless kit to work, which pretty much suck because i just bought it.
I contacted the bamboo support and they are working on a driver upgrade... hopefully it comes out pretty soon!
jochem

Postby Wacom » Mon 6. Aug 2012, 12:27

Unplug the tablet, uninstall the driver and restart, run diskutility for repair permissions. Do NOT yet install the driver, but just attach the tablet. Verify that this works. (Also wireless connection should work without driver.) The tablet will operate as mouse device now. (Single finger touch for the models with touch.) Now install the 5.26 driver. If Gatekeeper asks, if you trust the source for the program, select to 'open' it.
Wacom

Next

Return to Bamboo