New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Pro Pen 2 rattle

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
tomatogoatee

Pro Pen 2 rattle

Postby tomatogoatee » Wed 27. Sep 2017, 15:57

I just noticed today a bad rattle inside the PP2 that came with my MSP. It's really bad. Sometimes, whatever is causing it will get stuck and it'll be quiet. Other times, it sounds like a rain stick. It's terrible.

The thing is, the pen itself appears to be working properly. Tilt, pressure, side buttons, eraser... Everything working as expected. I've taken the button caps and the rubber grip off to see if I could shake anything out of it, but it sounds like it's farther up the barrel than that.

Anyone else have a similar problem? I believe it's still under warranty, but I have a feeling Wacom, in their infinite wisdom, will need me to send the entire MSP back to fix the pen...

wacom1

Re: Pro Pen 2 rattle

Postby wacom1 » Thu 28. Sep 2017, 08:29

If you hear a rattling sound when shaking the pen, hold the eraser cap with a finger and try again. The eraser cap is designed to move a bit around. If that has no effect on the sound, something could be broken in the pen and it should go for repair.

tomatogoatee

Postby tomatogoatee » Thu 28. Sep 2017, 14:48

wacom1 wrote:...hold the eraser cap with a finger and try again.

It isn't the eraser. It definitely sounds like it's traveling from one end of the barrel to the other. If I were to send this for warranty repair, would I be required to send the MSP as a whole? Because I can still use my old Pro Pen while this is getting fixed...

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Fri 29. Sep 2017, 06:24

No. You don't need to send the whole MSP, if only the pen has a problem.

Return to “Pen Computers”