Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Pen not working after Mac OSX update June 2019:
http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4011

Why is the cursor on Windows a white dot or crosshairs?
http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4013#p8912

Wacom Drivers:
Latest driver released for Windows (6.3.35-3) and Mac (6.3.35-2). Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Mac OS 10.15 Catalina Beta:
https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideId=015-916

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Drawing software:
If you wondering which software to choose, check the trial versions below:

MSP 16 with external monitor blanks out

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
impartrobot

Re: MSP 16 with external monitor blanks out

Postby impartrobot » Sat 17. Nov 2018, 19:04

Reporting back to say I'm able to mirror my MSP16 on a chromecast connected to my monitor with zero issue, the screen doesn't black out. Chromecast can't extend the desktop and has quite a bit of lag, however. I'm going to buy a miracast dongle and report back here if I can make it work.

impartrobot

Postby impartrobot » Wed 21. Nov 2018, 06:56

Reporting back to say the workaround I thought of works! I bought the ScreenBeamMini2, and connected to it wirelessly with MiraCast, and the screen doesn't black out like it does when I have the USB-c to HDMI. No noticable lag either. YouTube videos get a little blocky/pixelated sometimes, but that's not a big deal to me.

PrielHackim

Postby PrielHackim » Thu 17. Jan 2019, 18:50

hello eveyone.
so intel new driver (2019 update) and win 1809 update dont change anything. main screen still blanking out when connect to external screen.

BUT THERE IS A MAGIC SOLUTION !!!!!!

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS TO CONNECT YOUR MSP TO 2 MONITORS VIA USB C AT ONES

and everything is fine again . no blinking no nothing

its clearly a driver issue and i think its very embarrassing from wacom to lunch such a Garbage can device wirh this huge price tag.

dmeerpa

Postby dmeerpa » Mon 25. Mar 2019, 18:09

I already reported in Mars 2018 this was a driver issue, because with an old Intel Iris driver driver v154014.4352 It was stable.
Just after a reboot you got issues, so you needed to shutdown before restarting your PC.
But after a windows or probably firmware update from the Wacom, this solution no longer works.
2 year ago I had a solution and that was to connect my Monitor via HDMI en DP at the same time (you need 2 USB C adapters). I guess DP and mini DP works also.
So the tablet sees to 2 external screens. You just clone both screens and you are done.
I think this will have an minimal impact on system performance, because you now have 3 screens connected, so the GPU has to work harder. But I have never seen any difference in photo editing.

But for a more then 3000€ computer, a topic with more then 32000 views, Wacom support is null. Having a 2000€ external 32" 4K monitor that is useless because Wacom say f*ck to there customers, I will say the same for my next pencomputer.

PrielHackim wrote:hello eveyone.
so intel new driver (2019 update) and win 1809 update dont change anything. main screen still blanking out when connect to external screen.

BUT THERE IS A MAGIC SOLUTION !!!!!!

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS TO CONNECT YOUR MSP TO 2 MONITORS VIA USB C AT ONES

and everything is fine again . no blinking no nothing

its clearly a driver issue and i think its very embarrassing from wacom to lunch such a Garbage can device wirh this huge price tag.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Tue 26. Mar 2019, 10:49

These issues have been reported and are being investigated. We have not been able to find the source yet. I have been able to replicate the issue to certain extent but trying a different cables seem to work often for many customers.

dmeerpa

Postby dmeerpa » Sat 13. Apr 2019, 16:35

wacom5 wrote:These issues have been reported and are being investigated. We have not been able to find the source yet. I have been able to replicate the issue to certain extent but trying a different cables seem to work often for many customers.

I tried 3 Display port cables and 1 HDMI cable always the same issue.
I'm for 99,9% certain that it is a sofware/firmware.driver issue maybe in conjunction with WACOM's mainboard.

Removing the Intel IRIS driver, and using a generic Microsoft driver (you will not have 4K) this works rock solid.
Using the Intel driver, reducing the resolution (to even the same as with the MS generic driver) doesn't help, so this means it is related to the GPU driver.

During a long time it was working with a very old Intel IRIS driver, only issue was when you rebooted you got the black outs. You had to power off, and then restart. But then Windows did an update toghether with a Wacom firmware upgrade and this solution was also broken.

Strange enough when I connect to dongles (USB-C to HDMI and a USB-C to DisplayPort) and connect both to the same monitor (Windows then sees 2 external screens which I mirror) then everything works flawless. In reality the monitor only uses one signal HDMI or DisplayPort, so again this means no hardware issues with the dongle or cable. This means we are even asking more ressources of the GPU, MEM, CPU because Windows had to manage 3 instead of 2 screens.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Mon 15. Apr 2019, 10:21

dmeerpa wrote:
wacom5 wrote:These issues have been reported and are being investigated. We have not been able to find the source yet. I have been able to replicate the issue to certain extent but trying a different cables seem to work often for many customers.

I tried 3 Display port cables and 1 HDMI cable always the same issue.
I'm for 99,9% certain that it is a sofware/firmware.driver issue maybe in conjunction with WACOM's mainboard.

Removing the Intel IRIS driver, and using a generic Microsoft driver (you will not have 4K) this works rock solid.
Using the Intel driver, reducing the resolution (to even the same as with the MS generic driver) doesn't help, so this means it is related to the GPU driver.

During a long time it was working with a very old Intel IRIS driver, only issue was when you rebooted you got the black outs. You had to power off, and then restart. But then Windows did an update toghether with a Wacom firmware upgrade and this solution was also broken.

Strange enough when I connect to dongles (USB-C to HDMI and a USB-C to DisplayPort) and connect both to the same monitor (Windows then sees 2 external screens which I mirror) then everything works flawless. In reality the monitor only uses one signal HDMI or DisplayPort, so again this means no hardware issues with the dongle or cable. This means we are even asking more ressources of the GPU, MEM, CPU because Windows had to manage 3 instead of 2 screens.

This is great information. I will pass it along to the team. Thank you for your patience and for your thorough feedback. Hopefully this will help.

Return to “Pen Computers”