New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

MSP 16 with external monitor blanks out

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
mem5000

MSP 16 with external monitor blanks out

Postby mem5000 » Fri 30. Dec 2016, 16:09

I have an MSP 16-- and i love it
weird problem. I have a second monitor, which i have hooked up via hdmi, to a little hub, that plugs in via usb 16
it recognizes, comes up fine and functions ok.

However... my MSP 16's screen, goes black for like half a second, randomly... every few seconds. Just blacks out, comes right back. It is surprisingly annoying!

i have tried 2 different brands of USB-C hubs... and it does the same on both. -- as a side note, i notice when i had a mouse plugged into it, it would also cut out for a split second

i have it hooked in with a regular USB-USBC adapter and it works fine now on it's own port.

anyone one have any thoughts?

wacom1

Re: MSP 16 with external monitor blanks out

Postby wacom1 » Mon 2. Jan 2017, 09:19

I have seen that with a normal desktop machine and NVIDIA card and the monitor connected through HDMI switch box. Seems that HDMI signals are a bit sensitive to loose cable connections and also some graphics drivers do not handle that so well.

samkey00

Postby samkey00 » Mon 2. Jan 2017, 13:54

I am having the same issue. I have my mobilestudio pro 16 i7 connected to an external display with an active display port to usb-c adapter. And i am getting frequently short black screens. Sometimes 3 or 4 times in a row. But not on the external display but on the mobilestudio screen itself. I tested it also with an hdmi to usb-c adapter with the same result.

@wacom there is no lose connection otherwise the external display would flicker. I need to be able to connect a second screen to my msp to work. I have updated all the drivers nvidia intel wacom and windows still getting the same results. Is there any solution?

mem5000

Postby mem5000 » Tue 3. Jan 2017, 13:28

I can say it's not the cable... ive tried 2 different HDMI cables, and it's doing just as the above desribed... not the external monitor, but the MSP screen itself going blank for a second. (it did it just now!)

unhook the monitor, and the problem stops.

side note, ive also noticed, that when i plug the power adapter into the USB-C hub, it does NOT charge the computer... like the power isn't passing through. It effectively dedicates one of my USB ports to power only...

mem5000

Postby mem5000 » Tue 3. Jan 2017, 15:03

want to add another observation --
It tends to blank out when i scroll rapidly in google... particularly on things like tumbler, where it's drawing a lot of images...

also, i made a duplicate post of this by accident, and someone asked in the other if i was using a powered USB hub
no... however, i did plug my USB power adapter that normally goes into the MSP, into the hub, and that didn't help.

ostonica

Postby ostonica » Tue 3. Jan 2017, 17:19

mem5000 wrote:the other if i was using a powered USB hub
no... however, i did plug my USB power adapter that normally goes into the MSP, into the hub, and that didn't help.

I do not think that the USB power adapter will deliver power to a passive hub, only to a connected device and then only if the hub is one one that supports passthrough charging to all ports and not all hubs do that,

Jim

mem5000

Postby mem5000 » Tue 3. Jan 2017, 17:57

The hub i have has a port designated "Type-C Power In".
and it is a USB-C plug... that's what i plugged my power adapter into.

ostonica

Postby ostonica » Tue 3. Jan 2017, 19:43

mem5000 wrote:The hub i have has a port designated "Type-C Power In".
and it is a USB-C plug... that's what i plugged my power adapter into.

Thanks for that info. Maybe your's is a powered hub. What is the make/model?

I'm getting the Apple multi adapter tomorrow to try with an external monitor on my MSP 13.

Jim

mem5000

Postby mem5000 » Tue 3. Jan 2017, 20:11

It says j5Create on the side... model JCA374...
whatever that is... got it from amazon..

however, it doesn't provide power to the MSP... it doesn't appear to pass power on to the computer at all... it drops to battery power when i hook it up that way...

plus... the original video issue, which is slowly driving me insane.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Wed 4. Jan 2017, 15:59

Can you try changing the power options on the MSP ('ballanced' verse 'high performance') Could be a problem with power consumption with an external monitor.

Return to “Pen Computers”