NEW tablet driver 6.3.23-4 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Fixed: Problem mit modifiers on keyboard in combination with pentip, accidential double-clicks etc. Last update for an issue with ZBrush navigation.

New version for for Windows 6.3.23-1: Fixed various problems - zooming with expresskeys, 'driver not responding' error message and others.

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom Cintiq Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to version 1.2.3.0 to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer. - There is now also such a firmware update for MobileStudio Pro for this issue.

MSP 16 with external monitor blanks out

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
mem5000

Re: MSP 16 with external monitor blanks out

Postby mem5000 » Thu 5. Jan 2017, 13:48

i tried this as well
Set it to high performance, didn't seem to help.
I just now double checked, it's still on high performance, and is blanking out even as i type this message.

now...
Oddly enough, yesterday, it did fine all day long... which was a first. It didn't blank out once. I'm not sure what was different... are all 3 USB C Ports on the side ... created equal? Is there one in particular i should use for a USB hub? that's the only thing i can think of that might have been different -- maybe i plugged it into a different slot? I ran the same apps.... everything else was the same.
Is there some log or something i can get to, to try to help narrow this down?

ostonica

Postby ostonica » Mon 9. Jan 2017, 01:52

mem5000 wrote: are all 3 USB C Ports on the side ... created equal? Is there one in particular i should use for a USB hub? that's the only thing i can think of that might have been different -- maybe i plugged it into a different slot? I ran the same apps.... everything else was the same.
Is there some log or something i can get to, to try to help narrow this down?

No - the three USB-c ports are not equal. If you want to connect the MSP to another computer to work as a Cintiq, then you MUST connect to the middle port.

mem5000

Postby mem5000 » Mon 9. Jan 2017, 13:30

interesting
ok, today i will run with my usb-c hub - via which the external monitor is hooked up -- to the middle port.

will report my findings.

mem5000

Postby mem5000 » Tue 10. Jan 2017, 13:57

Yesterday, ran with my hub/monitor plugged into middle USB port... occasionally blanking out of screen....
today, i have the power plugged into the middle port, and teh usb/monitor plugged into... the bottom port. thus far, no blanking out of the screen.

i really hope it's that simple of a fix!

will continue to post my observations.

mem5000

Postby mem5000 » Wed 11. Jan 2017, 14:38

nope... still does it. was fine all day yesterday... today it's blanking out. Not sure what to think. it seems to work ok for a day, and the next day, not. i can't see any pattern.

ostonica

Postby ostonica » Wed 11. Jan 2017, 16:35

Is there a different hub you could try?

I don't think I will need to use a hub with my MSP13, but if I do I will try to find one different from yours to check an alternative!

mem5000

Postby mem5000 » Thu 12. Jan 2017, 22:05

I've tried 2 different ones

Both do the same thing.

ostonica

Postby ostonica » Fri 13. Jan 2017, 14:47

One other thought. what is the total length of the cable from your MSP to your monitor?

I was just reading the manual for the Sunix PCIe card that I just ordered (after some reassurance with tech info from Sunix) and read this:

"The length of the USB 3.1 cable must not exceed 1.0 meter. Please do not extend the
cable. If an USB repeater must be used, the total cable length must not exceed 1.0 meter.
Longer cables may cause poor performance."

Just wondered if that might be relevant to your problem?

Jim

mem5000

Postby mem5000 » Sat 14. Jan 2017, 16:43

i believe, it's a 3 foot cable... ill have to check

just to point out, it's not the external monitor that blanks out... it's my MSP's tablet screen that does

It was doing it to me yesterday, and i yanked the external monitor out of the hub, and put it back in... that seemed to make it stop...

it's been VERY hard to trouble shoot... it acts so erratically.

mem5000

Postby mem5000 » Sat 14. Jan 2017, 16:43

i believe, it's a 3 foot cable... ill have to check

just to point out, it's not the external monitor that blanks out... it's my MSP's tablet screen that does

It was doing it to me yesterday, and i yanked the external monitor out of the hub, and put it back in... that seemed to make it stop...

it's been VERY hard to trouble shoot... it acts so erratically.

Return to “Pen Computers”