Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Drawing software:
If you are not able to register, please use the trial version of the software below and try to register again at a later date.
Wacom Drivers:
March 2018: New driver released for Windows (6.3.33-3) and Mac (6.3.33-5). Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Touch not working correctly after Driver 6.3.33-5 update for Mac:
http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2581

Mac OS 10.14 Mojave:
Upgrading to Mac OS 10.14 Mojave? A new Mac OSX security feature requires some additional changes to run the Wacom Driver correctly. Please see the instructions found on our support page here. Also, If you have any issues, please try a clean driver install. Follow the steps here.

MSP inconsistent pinch zoom and rocker ring

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
Sensiblepencil

MSP inconsistent pinch zoom and rocker ring

Postby Sensiblepencil » Sun 1. Jan 2017, 23:38

Hi all,

I have a top spec MSP 16 and have been struggling with the inconsistency of its zooming capabilities. I use Clip Studio and Sketchbook and rely on a fast zoom in/out. Sometimes it works but more often it only registers one finger (creating a drawn line from the touch). Also, if I try to use the zoom on the ring it will be similarly temperamental. It seems like there's a delay and if you wait several seconds it will work. However, I need it to react immediately (like it did on my Companion), as every pause - then erase due to the unwanted line from my finger - really destroys my concentration.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to overcome this? Are there any touch sensitivity controls to adjust?

wacom1

Re: MSP inconsistent pinch zoom and rocker ring

Postby wacom1 » Mon 2. Jan 2017, 10:44

I would check in taskmanager for background activity - Win10 is more active than previous Windows versions and turn what you don't need. The problem could also depend on the tablet driver version.

paintsd

Postby paintsd » Tue 3. Jan 2017, 21:39

It may be my imagination, but I find the left hand side of the MPS to be more responsive to touch than the right side. Is this a side-effect having my device set-up as 'Right-handed' and the palm rejection over compensating?

Sensiblepencil

Postby Sensiblepencil » Wed 4. Jan 2017, 00:07

I've disabled all the unnecessary background tasks and there's only one driver available. The problem occurs across most drawing apps, which seems odd as the MSP is an expensive piece of equipment that's designed for drawing on! Surely, a responsive pinch zoom capability is essential for a tablet PC?

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Wed 4. Jan 2017, 08:15

You can check in the Tablet properties diagnostics (under About), whether touch is properly detected: if some area is not responsive, if touch detection is intermittent, or if an incorrect number of touchpoints is found, there could be a problem in the hardware.- If it looks ok in the diagnostics, go to the Pen & Windows Ink settings control panel and turn “Ignore touch input when I’m using my pen” option On.

Sensiblepencil

Postby Sensiblepencil » Tue 10. Jan 2017, 11:55

All the touchpoints seem fine and I've checked and unchecked every setting I can find. There's even been a new update for both Sketchbook and Wacom driver, yet the problem persists. I've discovered that, when drawing if I tap the right hand side of the screen with the pen (with the tablet horizontal, rocker ring to the left) it will pinch zoom almost normally. However, if my last input was anywhere else the zoom will freeze along with the rocker ring and hot key functions for up to ten seconds.

niccolo67

Postby niccolo67 » Wed 18. Jan 2017, 23:56

paintsd wrote:It may be my imagination, but I find the left hand side of the MPS to be more responsive to touch than the right side. Is this a side-effect having my device set-up as 'Right-handed' and the palm rejection over compensating?

I suspect you are right. I run a test on my msp on sktbpro cc17 mischief and the left side is almost fine as it shoud be.
I tested the same software against the cc2 with the driver 6.3.15.3 and it worked, not exactly an ipad, but it worked on all of them.

I think here there is the same old story. a story that long time Wacom owner's know very well: drivers are full of bugs and aren't really ready until several months and sometimes years....
I can't believe they are selling a 3200 euros machine meant to be for professionals while she can#t even touches and pinches in a decent way.
this kind of bugs are unacceptable, they are fundamental prerequisites for those who buys this machines how can be possible to fail so badly__?
how can be photoshop experience so poor_ ? and sktbk ? Wacom? don't you have money to buy this software in order to test them before you fool us with your nice teaser and magic tricks_??

do not waste your time trying to get an answer because the answer is: the driver suck.

niccolo67

Postby niccolo67 » Fri 20. Jan 2017, 07:02

Hi all,
I have run a test with the msp 16 with the last driver and the cc2 with 6.3.16.3
The cc works ok (nothing spectacular not even fine, but usable) with cc2016, cc2017, skbpro 7.2.1 mischief and painter
With the new msp the touch works if you touch by the left side of the sketch you just made.
I wi probably be banned again but I have to say: Wacom, don't you have the money to test a 3200€ machine with the most common software the machine is supposed to work with??
The touch experience is poor not even close of a cheap MS touch machine, (not even mentioning the iPad).
Sorry to say it again but the driver is a piece of trash and you Wacom instead of triking your customers with sparkling teaser you should offer a decent machine that works flawlessly on the majority of the software adopted by the industry. This is simply Unacceptable and you should be ashamed to release such driver.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Fri 20. Jan 2017, 08:12

Please make sure to use the latest driver - we just released version 6.3.20-5 - and please note that touch handling in Win10 was changed by Microsoft since redstone. If you have such trouble, we recommend to go to control panel for Pen & Windows Ink settings and turn on the “Ignore touch input when I’m using my pen” option.

niccolo67

Postby niccolo67 » Sat 21. Jan 2017, 01:04

wacom1 wrote:Please make sure to use the latest driver - we just released version 6.3.20-5 - and please note that touch handling in Win10 was changed by Microsoft since redstone. If you have such trouble, we recommend to go to control panel for Pen & Windows Ink settings and turn on the “Ignore touch input when I’m using my pen” option.

what are you talking ABOUT??
Are you the one suppose to hélp us to fix this problem that is actually not even occurring on 50$ broken Android PC?
DO NOT WASTE my time, pls Do YOUR HOMEWORK Wacom man, fire up your unit, download photoshop cc (or what hell you prefer) and prove me that your words can be of any help. can you prove me that? is it ýour unit working properly with the industry standard sw I mentioned up here? can you show me how? THIS ARE THE ANSWER WE NEED HEAR NOT YOUR BLIND INSTRUCTED ANSWERS.
DID YOU READ THE RELEASE NOTE? WERE and HOW IS THE NEW DRIVER RELATED TO OUR PROBLEM? ARE YOU KIDDING ME OR YOU JUST DO NOT CARE ENOUGH?
In case you haven't noticed it I am pissed off by your assumptions and I am pissed off by been fooled by the company you are working for.
I SPENT 3200€ to buy this while your company you were telling me this thing could have been able to do spectacular things,....super pen pro, touch blah blah blà and other bs.... the truth is that thîs thing, brand new, are not even capable of zooming a paper on sketchbook! on my 2008 iPad I can get a better job by simply using my toes!

I AM EXPECTING YOU to tell me how to make this thing literally fly flawlessly better than any pen and touch machine is out there.
I BOUGHT THIS thing FOR HIS TOUCH and Pen CAPABILITIES, but the touch EXPERIENCE SUCKS all long the line and there are no other words to define it! IT SUCKS!
I PUT THIS PIECE OF JUNK IN A BOX AND RETURN TO YOU SO MAYBE THIS TIME, MR WACOM 1, YOU CAN HAVE the CHÀNCE TO TRY IT BEFORE YOU SAY SOMETHING, AND PLEASE READ or MAKE SURE THE RELEASE NOTE IS MATCHING YOUR STATEMÉNT so I don't get confused.

"TOUCH INPUT" WHEN THE PEN IS ONSCREEN IS STANDARD OFF and IS NOT the answer TO YOUR JUNKY DRIVER.
TRY IT, MAN, ONCE MORE TIME, DOWNLOAD PHOTOSHOP (here is link http://www.adobe.com/it/products/photoshop.html) AND TRY IT!!!!!
AFTER YOU DID THAT, FIX IT, MAKE A DECENT DRIVER AND GIVE THAT DAMNED DRIVER BACK TO US!
YOU SOLD ME THIS AS PROFESSIONAL DEVICE. PROFESSIONAL, YES YOU DECLARED THAT IT IS MEANT FOR PROFESSIONALS AND IT SHOULD BE
SUPPOSEDLY MADE TO WORK WITH, SUPPOSEDLY MADE TO MAKE SOME MONEY WITH IT, AND NOT WAISTING TIME FIXING YOUR BUGS !!!

I PROMISE YOU, I WILL EMPLOY ALL MY EFFORT TO SPREAD VIDEOS AND REVIEWS to make people aware of what they are REALLY actually going to buy.

Return to “Pen Computers”