New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Cintiq Companion 2 issues and glitches

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
FabuPonah

Cintiq Companion 2 issues and glitches

Postby FabuPonah » Wed 22. Nov 2017, 08:10

I'm tying this on my phone rn because my tablet is acting up so much to the point I can't use it to do even this.

It started playing up a few weeks ago
The only things that happened that could have affect my tablet were possibly a new windows update that happened or driver update

I have a cintiq companion 2 256gb and I've had it a year

Issues that started a few weeks ago:

- when I woke my tablet up from sleep the screen resolution was small and I could only fix it by restarting my computer
Although it still continues to happen
- I use paint tool sai for art and the same time it was doing the issue above it started to also make my pen only move in the upper left section of my screen when I opened sai, to which I couldn't cancel out of sai and could only fix it by clicking the windows button on the tablet and restarting it
It still occasionally happens

New issue that started today causing me to write this:

- I use google chrome and suddenly I turned on my tebket and my pen wasn't reacting well in chrome, it was fine yesterday.
I can't highlight any text or anything, clicks will work but only when they want, I can't right click at all in chrome and when I click in the search/URL bar it opens up the on screen keyboard which I never use cause I have a wacom Bluetooth keyboard and have touch permanently turned off.

I tried resetting my wacom settings, restoring my computer several times, uninstalling and reinstalling chrome etc etc.
Nothing is working
- And then just after trying all of that, I plugged my phone into my tablet, the photos thing pops up as usual but when I clicked out of it I was on the windows 8 start screen and was stuck there. The screen showed the little ripples when I clicked but nothing was clicking, I couldn't get back to my desktop or shut down and had to force shutdown with the power button on the side of my tablet.

This tablet is my current only source of income and main computer, it has all of my stuff on it and all of my work related things and I can't afford to send it away.

Does anyone have answers to the issues above I NEED it to work and google chrome to work and I don't know what to do, I've tried everything I could think of!

- Sarah

wacom1

Re: Cintiq Companion 2 issues and glitches

Postby wacom1 » Wed 22. Nov 2017, 13:25

First make sure to frequently backup your data - in case the problem is in hardware and the unit needs to be repaired. - Second, contact Wacom Customer Care for your area - depending on local conditions we may be able to exchange your tablet (sending another unit to you first). -

The problem(s) may be just in software: On restart or some other situations, the driver may reset itself and turn On 'use Windows Ink' with several side effects. Once things work as desired, use the Wacom desktop center -> backup settings to create a local backup file with your settings. When strange things start to happen, Windows keyboard is showing etc, doubleclick the file to restore settings.

For screen resolution changes after sleep check and update the graphics driver.

FabuPonah

Postby FabuPonah » Wed 22. Nov 2017, 13:54

i don't have a backup of my settings but i reset my settings to default and it did nothing
i tried to see if it was the new driver ad went to install the older one but it ended up making it say it couldnt find a driver and i had no pen pressure, so i had to install the new one again
but the issues with chrome are still happening

also i keep seeing people mention the windows ink but i can't find the setting to turn it off anywhere?

FabuPonah

Postby FabuPonah » Thu 23. Nov 2017, 04:26

I upgraded my tablet from windows 8 to 10 and disabled the windows ink thing
chrome is working now, and the other issues havent popped up yet
but at least its working like normal now

wacom4

Postby wacom4 » Mon 27. Nov 2017, 10:22

We found, that going back some versions of Chrome might help.
This happened before: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/is ... ?id=757069

Please post your exact Chrome version - that will help us to follow up with Google eventually. Thanks

Return to “Pen Computers”