Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Cintiq Pro 24 - Fan Speed:
A firmware update was released that should allow you to adjust the fan speed. Please see: here

Windows 10 Fall 2018 Update:
Updating to the newest Windows 10 Fall update? Wacom has identified a few issues within the latest update. Pan/Scroll is not working correctly in some applications. Also, Modifier Clicks do not work when assigned to pen buttons or ExpressKeys, see the screenshot below. The Wacom driver team has submitted a bug report with Microsoft for these issues and will continue to work with them until it is fixed. More information can be found here: here

Mac OS 10.14 Mojave:
Upgrading to Mac OS 10.14 Mojave? A new Mac OSX security feature requires some additional changes to run the Wacom Driver correctly. Please see the instructions found on our support page here. Also, If you have any issues, please try a clean driver install. Follow the steps here.

Wacom Drivers:
December 2018: New driver released for Windows (6.3.32-3) and Mac (6.3.32-3). Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Inkspace App Updates: http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1949#p5742

Google Chrome Why is Google Chrome not accepting clicks or is lagging?

Registration
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Your device is not connected your computer

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
timecore
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat 2. Dec 2017, 09:20

Re: Your device is not connected your computer

Postby timecore » Sun 17. Dec 2017, 09:29

yesterday I received the new Mobilestudio replaced by Amazon.
I performed the firmware update and finally succeeded !
From my point of view, the firmware update procedure must be safer.
It must be done when the computer is started, in the bios phase and not in Windows.
In the operating system there may be problems, such as background software, active processes that can interfere.
There must also be the possibility to restore a failed update, without having to send the product back or request support assistance.

This translates into lost work days!

plasticv
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed 13. Dec 2017, 20:35

Re: Your device is not connected your computer

Postby plasticv » Sun 17. Dec 2017, 14:31

Today i finaly fixed my tablet. It was easy to do but not so easy to understand what to do.
I get my problem after update pen firmware. After restart Wacom Desktop Center lost my table: No device connected so it was unable to reinstall firmware. Support Center send me instruction: How to reinstall drivers, but it was lost of time. So i found update.xml, there was a link and filenames for updates (Wacom mobile studio pro 13 - its Cintic W1320) and there i found link for Wacom firmware updater. Download it and start firmware update one more time. And after that WDC found my tablet. So for me- its work and now i don't have to send my tablet back.

timecore
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat 2. Dec 2017, 09:20

Re: Your device is not connected your computer

Postby timecore » Mon 18. Dec 2017, 08:32

plasticv wrote:Today i finaly fixed my tablet. It was easy to do but not so easy to understand what to do.
I get my problem after update pen firmware. After restart Wacom Desktop Center lost my table: No device connected so it was unable to reinstall firmware. Support Center send me instruction: How to reinstall drivers, but it was lost of time. So i found update.xml, there was a link and filenames for updates (Wacom mobile studio pro 13 - its Cintic W1320) and there i found link for Wacom firmware updater. Download it and start firmware update one more time. And after that WDC found my tablet. So for me- its work and now i don't have to send my tablet back.


Out of curiosity, the update.xml file in which path is it?
and the link to download the firmware?

plasticv
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed 13. Dec 2017, 20:35

Re: Your device is not connected your computer

Postby plasticv » Mon 18. Dec 2017, 18:33

http://link.wacom.com/wdc/update.xml
Find your device there. For ex. MSP 13 - is: <name type="string">Cintiq W1320</name>
Line - <drivermin type="string">6.3.18-3</drivermin> - is about minimum driver version - its 6.3.18-3.
Line - <firmware_pen type="map"> - its all about pen firmware.
<version type="string">1.20</version> -- last firmware version - 1.20
<file type="string">WacomFWUpdater_2.22_mcallan.exe</file> --- firmware updater its self. Just name
and finaly
<url type="string"> http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/d ... fessional/</url> link to get it.
so to download the WacomFWUpdater_2.22_mcallan.exe just copy this link:
http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/d ... callan.exe and paste it into your browser adress stroke
And now you can launch the update. But its very important to use right firmware. - its something like mcallen13__.pen for WMSP13 and mcallen16__.pen for WMSP 16.
Anyway, all at your risk. For me its works.

timecore
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat 2. Dec 2017, 09:20

Re: Your device is not connected your computer

Postby timecore » Mon 18. Dec 2017, 19:58

plasticv wrote:http://link.wacom.com/wdc/update.xml
Find your device there. For ex. MSP 13 - is: <name type="string">Cintiq W1320</name>
Line - <drivermin type="string">6.3.18-3</drivermin> - is about minimum driver version - its 6.3.18-3.
Line - <firmware_pen type="map"> - its all about pen firmware.
<version type="string">1.20</version> -- last firmware version - 1.20
<file type="string">WacomFWUpdater_2.22_mcallan.exe</file> --- firmware updater its self. Just name
and finaly
<url type="string"> http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/d ... fessional/</url> link to get it.
so to download the WacomFWUpdater_2.22_mcallan.exe just copy this link:
http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/d ... callan.exe and paste it into your browser adress stroke
And now you can launch the update. But its very important to use right firmware. - its something like mcallen13__.pen for WMSP13 and mcallen16__.pen for WMSP 16.
Anyway, all at your risk. For me its works.



Thank you very much !

wacom1
Posts: 898
Joined: Tue 29. Nov 2016, 09:46

Re: Your device is not connected your computer

Postby wacom1 » Tue 19. Dec 2017, 12:07

Please do not post sensitive links to firmware updates on the forum. Anyone with a problem after the update should please contact Wacom support. There is a very small percentage (less than 1%) where the update fails and in such cases we want to find out what happened - perhaps power interruption, cable problem etc. Such information should be collected and send to support.

plasticv
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed 13. Dec 2017, 20:35

Re: Your device is not connected your computer

Postby plasticv » Wed 20. Dec 2017, 05:34

i've contacted to the support center a week ago. And so what? Reinstall dirvers? As i said its not a every problem solution. But in my case - its works. Its takes 2 minute to fix it.

timecore
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat 2. Dec 2017, 09:20

Re: Your device is not connected your computer

Postby timecore » Wed 20. Dec 2017, 07:03

wacom1 wrote:Please do not post sensitive links to firmware updates on the forum. Anyone with a problem after the update should please contact Wacom support. There is a very small percentage (less than 1%) where the update fails and in such cases we want to find out what happened - perhaps power interruption, cable problem etc. Such information should be collected and send to support.


Maybe you should train call center employees better ... the only solution was to ask the shopkeeper for a return. the result was the loss of two weeks of work. we work with these tools, it's not a game. Installing offline firmware was a solution that would have made me very comfortable to know before.
Not to mention that even here on the forum nobody was able to find a solution even temporary to the problem ... apart from a user, not a Wacom technician.

Soobel
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed 3. Jan 2018, 11:36

Re: Your device is not connected your computer

Postby Soobel » Wed 3. Jan 2018, 12:37

wacom1 wrote:Please do not post sensitive links to firmware updates on the forum. Anyone with a problem after the update should please contact Wacom support. There is a very small percentage (less than 1%) where the update fails and in such cases we want to find out what happened - perhaps power interruption, cable problem etc. Such information should be collected and send to support.


So Wacom must create easier way go to the that firmware updater.

Im very likely one of that 1% and all was very likely my own fault. Wacom Desktop Center asks me to update firmware so i open there that Wacom Firmware Utility 2.22, where are that "Browse firmware file" thing and VERY LIKELY I TAP THERE TO THE WRONG .pen FILE and my pen stopped working.

I messed that issue more than 10 hours, uninstalled and reinstalled windows10 and pen drivers and nothing not helps me.

Wacom Desktop Centre shows me "no devices found" and i cant find that Firmware Update Utility again for tapping to the right .pen file

Finally i find here plasticv ' s advice and found Firmware Updater Utility again and used right .pen file - now my pen works again properly!

Wacom will make easier access and easy tutorials for using that Firmware Update Utility and checking that you are programmed right devices.


Return to “Pen Computers”