DRIVER UPDATE
Upgrading to Mac OS 10.14 Mojave? A new driver has been released. Check the Wacom Desktop Center for the update notice. However, a new Mac OSX security feature requires some additional changes to run the Wacom Driver correctly. Please see the instructions found on our support page here:https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=Is-there-a-compatible-driver-for-Mac-OS-10.14-Mojave%3F&guideId=d4bced14-ee83-4141-a953-a2d0e39c4946

Wacom Drivers:
September 2018: New drivers released version Driver 6.3.31-4 for Windows and Driver 6.3.31-4 for Mac OSX, with various bugfixes. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Error Message: "<DNL> Lorem ipsum iunctus tabula haud diutius laboris. Est mortuus. Absentis. Kaput."
Please check: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1888

Google Chrome - Clicking issues:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Registration
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?:https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=How-do-I-register-my-Wacom-device%2525253F&guideId=4244ade8-634a-433c-88b4-31d83e63226c

Cintiq Companion 2 touch screen not working and device not recognizing it self

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
robhogg156

Cintiq Companion 2 touch screen not working and device not recognizing it self

Postby robhogg156 » Tue 30. Jan 2018, 17:44

product: Cintiq Companion 2 DTH-W1310

driver: 6.3.27-2

My Cintiq companion 2 touch screen stop working when in stand alone mode and when attached to a computer or mac. I thought it might be a driver problems so updated the drivers, which had no effect. So I decided to delete the drivers and and reinstall manually as recommended on your forums and your FAQ's . The touch screen function still does not work and now when the device is in stand alone mode, i.e not attached to a pc or mac, i am told there is no device connected to the computer. I've tried going into the device manager Restarting and deleting the driver form there and then reinstalling. I've also tried doing a factory reset. The device still does not recognise itself.

Please advise me on what i should do to fix this.

I've tried calling the customer support number 207 744 08 31 only to be told that number is not in service. And my email contact from a week ago has been completely ignored (CAS-868000-C7V5Z9).

wacom1

Re: Cintiq Companion 2 touch screen not working and device not recognizing it self

Postby wacom1 » Wed 31. Jan 2018, 07:53

The number for UK is +44 207 744 08 31, also +44 207 949 0392 should be fine. - If touch is not working anymore even after a factory reset of the unit, the problem is in hardware and the unit needs repair. The best handling depends on your location and warranty status. You should hear from customer support soon.

Zeddycuss

Re: Cintiq Companion 2 touch screen not working and device not recognizing it self

Postby Zeddycuss » Sun 4. Feb 2018, 15:32

wacom1 wrote:The number for UK is +44 207 744 08 31, also +44 207 949 0392 should be fine. - If touch is not working anymore even after a factory reset of the unit, the problem is in hardware and the unit needs repair. The best handling depends on your location and warranty status. You should hear from customer support soon.

The same thing! It started a year ago. Touch screen was working from time to time without any visible reasons. The only thing I noticed that sometimes it falls depending on tablet position.
In any way...
When I bought the my Companion 2 there was windows 8.1 on it. After some time it was suggested to upgrade on Windows 10. It was OK for about a half of a year and then after some update touch screen started to fall from time to time exponentially. Afterwards I decided to figure out what's the problem. Seems like I've read all the posts over the internet about it. I've spent a lot of time about this problem (And it happens not only with the wacom devices). I've even downgraded to 8.1. Don't know why but my Windows not accepted my product key even thou I bought the device from official representative in Austria. I've tried all drivers from WacomTablet_6.3.11w3 version till WacomTablet_6.3.27-2 each time fully cleaning system. And still nothing about the touch. And
So for now... ONLY now I see insuring answer that the problem is hardware! Really!? People ask for a 3 years about this problem! And now when I lost my warranty a few months ago. And in need to install all my soft again. And I live in MOLDOVA - I have no even official WACOM representative here. What can I do? What would you suggest me to do?

I want to hear from a customer support soon as well!

Zeddycuss

Postby Zeddycuss » Sun 4. Feb 2018, 15:44

The same thing! It started a year ago. Touch screen was working from time to time without any visible reasons. The only thing I noticed that sometimes it falls depending on tablet position.
In any way...
When I bought the my Companion 2 there was windows 8.1 on it. After some time it was suggested to upgrade on Windows 10. It was OK for about a half of a year and then after some update touch screen started to fall from time to time exponentially. Afterwards I decided to figure out what's the problem. Seems like I've read all the posts over the internet about it. I've spent a lot of time about this problem (And it happens not only with the wacom devices). I've even downgraded to 8.1. Don't know why but my Windows not accepted my product key even thou I bought the device from official representative in Austria. I've tried all drivers from WacomTablet_6.3.11w3 version till WacomTablet_6.3.27-2 each time fully cleaning system. And still nothing about the touch. And
So for now... ONLY now I see insuring answer that the problem is hardware! Really!? People ask for a 3 years about this problem! And now when I lost my warranty a few months ago. And in need to install all my soft again. And I live in MOLDOVA - I have no even official WACOM representative here. What can I do? What you suggest me to do?
I want to hear from customer support as well!
Last edited by Zeddycuss on Mon 12. Feb 2018, 16:39, edited 3 times in total.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Mon 5. Feb 2018, 07:57

There are many different reasons, why touch may fail. That can be software or hardware. - You check first in the driver diagnostics, whether any finger points are detected. If not, reset the driver. If that makes no difference, backup all important data and reset the unit to factory default. That is a known-to-work software situation and if touch/pen still fail, the problem is hardware. - If touch works intermittently depending on position of holding it, we suspect a bad connection of the touch sensor electronics.

If a hardware fault is clear, the unit needs repair. Handling of repairs depends on the location and warranty situation. You should always be able to get help from your dealer for repair. And you can contact Wacom customer support to clarify the situation.

Zeddycuss

Postby Zeddycuss » Mon 12. Feb 2018, 16:39

Tell me please how to reset the unit to factory default. It was F9 before I reinstalled WIN 10 again. Now it it's not working. Another information I found recently
(To reset the unit: power down, press VolumeUp+Down while switching on On, release when you see 'please wait'. That shows the blue troubleshooting screen. Go to torubleshooting -> Advanced -> Reset PC -> Delete Files . That should reinstall the original Windows 8 version.

Will it really reinstall WIN 8 to my CC2?

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Wed 21. Feb 2018, 15:47

If the method with VolumeUp+Down does not show the troubleshooting screen, you can also start Windows first, then select 'restart' while pressing Shift. - The CC2 comes with Win8 pre-installed and reset to factory defaults will re-install that. If you do that only for testing purpose, I recommend to make a backup image first. (Also when the unit needs to go for repair, it is good to backup all data before.)

Return to “Pen Computers”