New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

MSP 16 i7 - Overheating/GPU issues

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
xLunaPx

Re: MSP 16 i7 - Overheating/GPU issues

Postby xLunaPx » Tue 7. Mar 2017, 02:30

Same issue as well, I can just be drawing ( Using Clip Studio paint ) and it will just randomly reboot.

Tested the DVMT option but no avail, tried a fresh clean install, everything.

This is a replacement unit for my previous msp 16 which had numerous deadpixels and low brightness. If this is a quadro issue Wacom needs to QA this and figure out why, not to mention that due to Optimus programs can barely make use of the full effects of the quadro sadly since the igpu STILL has to process the items making it still tax the CPU insanely none the less.

I'd be great if wacom did a mux switch on the side to swap between them as this would be a beast w/ it.

Masterchief

Postby Masterchief » Thu 9. Mar 2017, 23:14

I´m still very carefull with my suggestion, but it seems I got the problem with the reboots solved, at least for the
moment.
The support suggested setting the power settings under the windows mobile computer settings to "balanced" instead of maximum power
(don´t know what it is called exactly, my windows is german: "Ausbalanciert" and "Höchstleistung").
This is a funny suggestion, because of course it solves the problem, but it must be possible to use the maximum power the device can offer
for that amount of money. And since I have a lag when painting in big Photoshop files on the "balanced" setting, I need to set it to full power.
Specially for stuff like 3dmax and Unreal 4.

But what I did was going into the settings of the Intel onboard chip. Rightclick on desktop/ Intel setting. There under the symbol power I set the energie
setting to "balanced" or "even maximum battery live". Then I went into the Nvidia settings and under the setting which graphics card to use
for 3d Applications I changed it from Auto to forcing the use of the Quadro.
I kept the windows mobile energy settings always on "maximum power".

Since then I had no reboots anymore for the last few evenings. I was running Unreal Engine 4, substance painter, Photoshop and 3dsmax with
no problems. So maybe the problem isn´t with the Quadro but with the Intel chip. Maybe the voltage isn´t enough supporting both graphic cards
on high peaks of power.

Im checking temperatures at all times and still the Intel chip is my biggest worry because it gets up to 88 degrees when
the CPU ist used heavily.
Is there a possibility (through BIOS update f.e.) to turn off the intel chip completely and just use the Quadro?

I would like other users having the reboot or shutdown problems to check it the changes of the Intel Chip energie consumption solves
their problems as well. Would be could to know, if I´m just currenty lucky or not.
Keeping you posted if the crashes return, then I´ll contact support again.

xLunaPx

Postby xLunaPx » Fri 10. Mar 2017, 00:12

Just an update to you on that Wacom officially responded that it was indeed an issue with the Quadro, specifically on early batches that were rolled out , so if you're experiencing the issue send the unit back for a replacement since that's a hardware defect.

I have 2 units and can tell u that one runs flawlessly on max power while the other reboots insanely.

*Edit*

rule of thumb for tablets is always set the igpu to performance vs quality which is balanced mostly. For the unit I have that works I tested it @ maximum and still no reboots. Make sure you replace it before the warranty expires.

woodsamc

Postby woodsamc » Thu 8. Jun 2017, 09:23

xLunaPx wrote:Just an update to you on that Wacom officially responded that it was indeed an issue with the Quadro, specifically on early batches that were rolled out , so if you're experiencing the issue send the unit back for a replacement since that's a hardware defect.

I have 2 units and can tell u that one runs flawlessly on max power while the other reboots insanely.

*Edit*

rule of thumb for tablets is always set the igpu to performance vs quality which is balanced mostly. For the unit I have that works I tested it @ maximum and still no reboots. Make sure you replace it before the warranty expires.

Hi xLunaPx,

May I know where is the Wacom official responded to the issue with the Quadro ?
As I have the same issue, but Hong Kong office didn't know about it, and no replacement.

Thx

JPalmer1983

Postby JPalmer1983 » Fri 7. Jul 2017, 08:38

Just bought the MSP16 i7, I've had it just under 2 weeks. Using mainly Photoshop, SW2016, some Rhino5. Love the new workflows, overall I was pretty impressed until it started crashing constantly. Like, 10-15x in the last hour. I think it's safe to say something is wrong, it's basically behaving exactly how you've pretty much all described.

Any luck solving the issue?
Jordan

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Fri 7. Jul 2017, 10:31

There is a known problem with NVidia drivers that can result in crashes when using it with a second screen. For this situation make sure to update the NVidia driver.

Jeremie94

Postby Jeremie94 » Thu 17. Aug 2017, 20:35

Hi,
Same problem for me : just bought a brand new MSP 16, 10 days ago, it was functionning well until yesterday. First I had minor problems with the pen that was disconnected (hopefully, my bluetooth keyboard allowed to restart the computer, and the problem dissapeared when restarting), then today, the computer crashed while playing fullscreen video from Youtube and VLC... the blue screen of WIndows 10 telling me that the computer had to restart, with the barcode of the problem. It happenned 3 times, and then suddenly my screen came black, but fans where still turning, showing me that the computer was still working.
I forced him off (10 seconds on the power button), and tried to restart it again, without success. Now when I turn it on, the fans are working, but the screen remains deadly black.
I am waiting for the customer help, sent the email this evening... They already contacted me for a problem with my Wacom keyboard : left and right keys, as well as DEL keys are not working (tried it on different computers, with different OS ; W10 and W7, and same problem everywhere). Their answer was to send it back to Amazon. Now I will probably have to send back my MSP16 as well, losing some of my work if I cannot recover my files. If this is a known NVidia chip problem (probably due to temperature ?), it will be a deception, after having trusted Wacom for so many years (first tablet bought in 1995, and I also have an Inutos and a CIntiq 24HD, that works like a charm). Seems making reliable computers is another job :-)
See you

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Fri 18. Aug 2017, 06:22

If possible try to attach a second screen and restart. Sometimes that works and allows to check the situation and backup data. - You can also try to start while pressing VolumeUp to get to BIOS screen or troubleshooting for further steps.

Jeremie94

Postby Jeremie94 » Fri 18. Aug 2017, 06:39

Thanks for the tips, I will try to start through the BIOS, but I just hace the bluetooth Wacom keyboard, do you know if that can work before the windows drivers are loaded ? If not I will have to wait until I can connect a proper keyboard (i am in holidays).
Unfortunately, plugin a second screen would work if I had a specific HDMI output or the usb-c converter supplied with the computer... :-) So I can't try this one. Is there a way to set the computer back to factory settings ?

Return to “Pen Computers”