New user account
If you have trouble to create a new user account and do not receive a confirmation Email, please contact our customer support https://www.wacom.com/en-gb/support and we will manually approve your account.
Please send an Email in which you tell us that you agree our Wacom privacy policy. Thank you for your understanding.

Wacom Drivers
June 2018: New drivers released version 6.3.30-6 for Win and 6.3.30-2 for Mac, with various bugfixes. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Registration
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?:https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=How-do-I-register-my-Wacom-device%2525253F&guideId=4244ade8-634a-433c-88b4-31d83e63226c

NEW TABLET INITIAL SETUP: Windows 10 Update Stuck at 99%

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
PNCHATTERJI

NEW TABLET INITIAL SETUP: Windows 10 Update Stuck at 99%

Postby PNCHATTERJI » Thu 8. Mar 2018, 13:06

Hello,
I am attempting to setup a BRAND NEW Wacom Mobilestudio Pro 16. At first there is a Blue screen where you are asked to enter your language, keyboard etc. Then it asks to you to enter your Wi Fi password. After that it says it needs to upgrade to the latest Update of Win 10 (Still the Blues Screen). I say Yes. It starts to download and installs : Stuck on 99% for 24 HOURS!!! STILL THE BLUE SCREEN!!!
Search Internet for help: Lots of people have the 99% problem BUT BUT BUT ... No one else seems to have had this problem on the initial setup of a new laptop /Tablet. All the suggestions (including the ones on MS Support), talk about going to Windows Explorer and doing this or that, or going to the Settings Window and doing something. I ONLY HAVE A NICE BLUE SCREEN!!! NO Explorer, No Settings Window, No Nothing!!! Neither can I Press Cntrl+R on the keyboard (as some posts suggest), BECAUSE, I HAVE NO KEYBOARD . Neither can I use on-screen keyboard - As I said, I Just have a Nice Blue Screen that is blank except for this text: "Updating Window 99% , Please Don't switch off." There is only one other thing on the screen: a little white icon at the bottom that says 'Go to your desktop while you wait for the install to finish' ... very nice, but tapping on it results in Nothing. (to be precise, tapping on this throws up a Settings Window for adjusting the volume of some "windows assistant " or something like that. If I close this window, it just goes back to the blue screen).
What can I do? Should I attempt a forced restart?
thanks

wacom1

Re: NEW TABLET INITIAL SETUP: Windows 10 Update Stuck at 99%

Postby wacom1 » Fri 9. Mar 2018, 08:57

I haven't seen it staying at 99%, so I can only guess what happen. But generally when you start any new computer with a Win10 system installed, at first start Windows shows you blue textscreens while guiding you through basic setup - language, location, WiFi, user account etc. So far that is normal and then Windows should start and check for updates. Especially the first update for a fresh Windows can take long time (I have seen that on different laptops since Windows 8), it is not unusual that it takes several hours. In that time some Windows process appears to be indexing harddrives, setting up prefetch etc., it might also try synchronizing the account, if you are using an existing account.

If nothing happens for long time, restart the system anyway - I had some situation, where Windows wanted to restart, but the restart message was hidden behind another window.

While Windows update is running, you should still be able to use Windows - but may need to attach a keyboard. - If you get access to normal Windows, you can search 'update' and check the Windows update status and history. You could also stop the update process by different means (brute force would be to stop Wifi).

If you get the same issue even after restart: power down, press VolumUp+Down simultaniously while switching the unit On, keep the buttons pressed til you see the Wacom logo and 'please wait ...' message. That will take you to the blue Windows troubleshooting screens with access to BIOS, repair Windows or reset PC (back to factory defaults).

WMSPman

Postby WMSPman » Tue 13. Mar 2018, 07:32

Hi, I think your "BRAND NEW" MSP16 is trying to update to v1709 during the initial setup and just can't get past it.

My working MSP16 has a spinning wheel for hours and hours too after upgrading to v1709 so I had to restore to v1607 to have it work again. check viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1453&p=4459#p4459

I strongly suspect the Wacom hardware has some kind of defect/firmware issue that needs to be resolved yet before upgrading to v1709 is possible.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Tue 13. Mar 2018, 11:37

We cannot confirm such a general failure that. I have Win10 FCU installed here on the MSP. - Update history shows, that Update KB4054517 'failed', but that was solved by subsequent updates. - I see that the MS article for KB4054517 mentions the installation may stop at 99% under some conditions. That is probably what you are seeing. Restart Windows, check update history and try to install failed updated manually (you can get the files for manual installation from MS update catalog).

PNCHATTERJI

Postby PNCHATTERJI » Sun 18. Mar 2018, 20:26

Thanks for your replies, people!
Actually, my MobilePro started working on its own shortly after I wrote my post.It took almost 24 hours for windows to update! Lesson Learned: never allow windows to update during initial setup. If you say Yes by mistake , be verrrrrrry patient, and pray :)

Return to “Pen Computers”