New user account
If you have trouble to create a new user account and do not receive a confirmation Email, please contact our customer support https://www.wacom.com/en-gb/support and we will manually approve your account.
Please send an Email in which you tell us that you agree our Wacom privacy policy. Thank you for your understanding.

Wacom Drivers
June 2018: New drivers released version 6.3.30-6 for Win and 6.3.30-2 for Mac, with various bugfixes. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Registration
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?:https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=How-do-I-register-my-Wacom-device%2525253F&guideId=4244ade8-634a-433c-88b4-31d83e63226c

HP Zbook X2 Questions

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
varxtis

HP Zbook X2 Questions

Postby varxtis » Sun 29. Apr 2018, 00:43

recently I was in the market for a Pen Computer, asking if anyone knew about the Wacom Studio Pro 13. A user here, Rocketboots, informed me about the ZBook X2. I ended up picking one up and had some questions I had hoped someone here might be able to help me with.

1. No Touch Ring: The fact that this is missing is not a surprise. The design and space allocation for this thing is already really impressive. I am curious though, if an adapter of some sort is available. I would however be very surprised, even disappointed, if an adapter weren't available. The touch ring on most Wacom tablets is a key feature, as it allows you to increase/decrease, scroll, rotate, and many many other important tasks.
Is A touch ring adapter available?

2. You cannot press and hold any of the quick keys: Any previous Wacom tablets I've worked with in the past have allowed me to press and hold a quick key. Example using Photoshop: After assigning "[" to a quick key, Tapping this quick key in photoshop allows you to decrease the brush size, one point at a time. However, holding the quick key with previous tablets allowed me to decrease the brush size to desired size, where as with the ZBook X2, holding down the assigned brush decrease quick key merely goes one point down and no further. So far as I can tell, this applies to any assigned quick keys. For me, this is pretty major. Is there a setting that I'm missing?
Is there a way to enable quick-key "Press-and-hold" functionality?

3. Quick key on-screen Labels: Every time a Quick Key is pressed/tapped, a label identifying the quick key appears on the top left of the screen. It's big enough to be obnoxious, especially when you are toggling/pressing different quick keys... quickly? Oddly, there is a secondary label that appears in the middle of the screen when you press the Touch On/Off Quick Key (for enabling/disabling touch screen responses to fingers). The fact that there are two for this particular one, and only this one, tells me that you may have the option of disabling the top left labels. Does anyone know how to disable the labels?
Is there a way to turn off the labels that appear on the top left of the screen when you press a quick-key?

Also, does anyone know if a palm strap is available for this unit?
Though it's significantly heavier than a tablet, it would still nonetheless be nice to have something of a palm/hand strap to lower the risk of dropping it.

I am hoping the appropriate resp of Wacom might see this post and help me with these questions directly.

artistebot

Re: HP Zbook X2 Questions

Postby artistebot » Sat 5. May 2018, 20:07

Hey varxtis, you might be better off asking HP support, I have found their support to be really responsive.

Yes the ZbookX2 control panel is essentially a Wacom one, but I doubt Wacom would directly address this, sadly Wacom tech support has never been very responsive to anyone. You may notice that if you install the latest Wacom drivers they simply update the HP ones.

I have the Zbook X2 as well, and love it. Excellent built quality, latest hardware, fully featured, etc.

#1 I am not aware of a touch ring/strip adaptor, perhaps the touchpad on the keyboard?

#2 I am able to press and hold the Quick Keys for in-app functions, in particular brush resize (on screen drag method), and tool toggle in Clip studio and Photoshop. Might be nice to have a key repeat function for the bracket keys.

#3 I am not aware of any way to do this.

If you get a chance can you test the pen for lag? Currently the Wacom services driver causes noticeable lag when enabled.

varxtis

Postby varxtis » Sat 5. May 2018, 21:26

Thank you for the response. I appreciate it. Thats disappointing about wacoms lack of response and support.

If updates won't do the trick, I just might have to go through HP. But I've already been through hell with them over the past three months just getting a ZBook that works when I get it. I'm not kidding. I have unboxing videos and they sent me two defective ZBooks in a row AND left crucial cables out. The most recent shipping (so far unit works great), they left out half of the power cable, the block part. So I don't relish the idea lol

So regarding #2, I'm a bit confused. when you're in photoshop, you can press and hold down a quick key thats assigned to "brush-size decrease", which would be keystroke "[", and it will decrease as you hold it down? You don't have to keep tapping it?

So far, absolutely no lag. Very smooth. BUT, apparently I may need to update drivers according to what you're saying. Im going to wait for your response regarding #2 though before I update anything. But if I end up updating, I'll figure that out and re-test afterward.after that.

varxtis

Postby varxtis » Tue 8. May 2018, 01:31

artistebot wrote:#2 I am able to press and hold the Quick Keys for in-app functions, in particular brush resize (on screen drag method), and tool toggle in Clip studio and Photoshop. Might be nice to have a key repeat function for the bracket keys.

I apologize for being impatient, but I'm anxious to address this matter. if you are able to press and hold quick keys, id like to know how. according to my system, its all up to date. or are there still drivers that i need to specially download?

kangum

Postby kangum » Thu 17. May 2018, 16:58

I would try and purchase a wacom express keys remote. It works via bluetooth and will give you touch ring along with 24 keys or so

https://us-store.wacom.com/Product/expr ... undefined1

varxtis

Postby varxtis » Thu 17. May 2018, 17:39

Oh Dang, that actually seems kind of perfect. Does the remote allow for press-and-hold functionality?
Since my unit is not listed under compatible devices, doesn't that mean mine wouldn't be compatible?

Also, according a rep at HP ZSeries department of business solutions, my issue(s) have been escalated to L3 tech support, which I can only assume means Level 3, possibly being the highest level. In any case, everyone's stumped at HP. They tried to replicate the issue themselves, only to realize, hey, we don't have press-and-hold functionality either. This is now a priority issue they are working with Wacom to resolve ASAP.

Even if the press-and-hold thing gets resolved, Id still probably buy the remote for the wheel. Thanks!!

kangum

Postby kangum » Thu 17. May 2018, 23:39

as far as the remote working I know if you search youtube there are people who got the wacom remote to work with the microsoft surface. If that is possible than I dont see why yours wont.

varxtis

Postby varxtis » Fri 18. May 2018, 15:02

Awesome! I really appreciate your response and help! Thank You!

Return to “Pen Computers”