New driver posting for Mac and Windows. The 6.3.24 driver has an updated user help section and bug fixes including issues related to assigning and entering keystrokes, such as Esc and Shift. Download here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

Apple announced that 10.13 High Sierra will be released on Sep 25th. Wacom is currently working on a driver update to support this OS and will be ready by late Oct. Please note that the existing Wacom driver for 10.12 will NOT work so we suggest not to upgrade to OS 10.13 until the new driver is released.
To learn more, visit: http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Connecting the Mobile Studio Pro to a Computer

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
ostonica

Connecting the Mobile Studio Pro to a Computer

Postby ostonica » Mon 9. Jan 2017, 13:59

I have been getting incorrect? information from Wacom tech support about the Wacom Link. I was told that the two ports on the link were DisplayPort and HDMI.
Please could I get correct information about how the Wacom Link adapter is connected to a PC to work as a Cintiq-like tablet?

Is it correct that the best connection is through a USB-C cable from the centre USB-C port on the MSP to a DP ALT Mode enabled USB-C port on the PC

Will the MSP13 connect directly this new card from Sunix?
http://www.sunix.com/en/product_detail. ... 1&pid=1909

That datasheet says that the usb-c port is DP ALT Mode enabled.

Many thanks
Last edited by ostonica on Wed 18. Jan 2017, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.

sceh1234

Re: Connecting the Mobile Studio Pro to a Computer

Postby sceh1234 » Mon 9. Jan 2017, 20:45

wacom link has usb-c and on the other side, mini display port and regular usb

Nikholax

Postby Nikholax » Wed 11. Jan 2017, 10:48

Hello,
First thank you because i didn't think there was specified DP connection with USB 3.1 (DP Alt). That probably explain why my USB C Pci card don't work. USB C seem to be the new scam like the HD ready/Full HD issues back then...
With this in mind, the Sunix card you link will probably work good for the MSP connection (but only in the DP alt port of course). I'll try to find similar card in my country, but i'll need the wacom link too for my office.

ostonica

Postby ostonica » Wed 11. Jan 2017, 14:20

ostonica wrote:Will the MSP13 connect directly this new card from Sunix?
http://www.sunix.com/en/product_detail. ... 1&pid=1909

That datasheet says that the usb-c port is DP ALT Mode enabled.

Many thanks

I have already bought an incorrect USB-C expansion card for my computer based on incorrect information from Wacom support. Is there anyone from Wacom who can tell me if MSP 12 will work with the Sunix card mentioned above will.
What has happened to Wacom support. In my days with the Intuos 3 and then 5 tablets, I was always able to get quick and accurate information. Now it seems very difficult.

ostonica

Postby ostonica » Wed 18. Jan 2017, 18:35

I just got my Wacom MobileStudio Pro 13 working as a Cintiq-like tablet connected to my PC. I was flying blind with no instructions but it is now working like a Cintiq. I did not have a Displayport card or USB-C (with DP Alt support) port and it took a few weeks to track these down.

The two cards arrived this week and I now have the VisionTek 5450 PCIe Dual DVI + DP card and also the Sunix UPD2018 card. The Sunix card has a DP 1.2 input to feed the video signal out through one of the 2 USB-C ports. I was able to find an online supplier for the Sunix UPD2018 card who would ship to Canada. Thanks to some great help from Kane at CablesOnline in NY state, it arrived very quickly

I also had excellent support and information from the people Sunix, which gave me high confidence that this would work and it did !! :-)

When the Wacom MSP is connected to the Sunix Card, via a USB-C cable, the PC initially recognises the MSP as a 3rd monitor (I have a dual monitor setup), not as a mirror of the main monitor. But when I used the multiple monitor configuration tool and set the MSP to duplicate the main monitor then it became a cintiq tablet. Calibration was needed of course.

There is a resolution issue, not a big problem, because my 1920x1200 monitor is not the same as the MSP's 2560 x 1440.

I need to contact Wacom today to see if there are any instructions and a bettwe way to handle the display differences. But I'm not holding out much hope.

I do not know what has happened to Wacom support. None of my questions about the MSP have been answered. But OTOH that forced me to find my own solution in the form of the most interesting Sunix UPD2018 PCIe card.

Hope this helps
Jim

getacarlos

Postby getacarlos » Sat 11. Mar 2017, 20:12

Hi Ostonica,

What Refresh Rate do you get on the display settings? Just asking because using the Wacom Link (USB and miniDP) to connect to my desktop, I'm getting just 30 Hz Refresh Rate.

Thank you for your info, I called Wacom yesterday and the link to their documentation says nothing on connecting the MSP to a desktop.

ostonica

Postby ostonica » Mon 13. Mar 2017, 16:33

Sorry I cannot help you, Carlos. I no longer have a Wacom Mobile Studio Pro.

I returned it for a full refund because of the great difficulties I had in getting any support from Wacom technical support.

Best wishes

Jim

Return to “Pen Computers”