Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Windows 10 Fall 2018 Update:
Updating to the newest Windows 10 Fall update? Wacom has identified a few issues within the latest update. Pan/Scroll is not working correctly in some applications. Also, Modifier Clicks do not work when assigned to pen buttons or ExpressKeys, see the screenshot below. The Wacom driver team has submitted a bug report with Microsoft for these issues and will continue to work with them until it is fixed. More information can be found here: https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?gui ... c301868667

Mac OS 10.14 Mojave Driver Update:
Upgrading to Mac OS 10.14 Mojave? A new driver has been released. Check the Wacom Desktop Center for the update notice. However, a new Mac OSX security feature requires some additional changes to run the Wacom Driver correctly. Please see the instructions found on our support page here. Also, If you have any issues, please try a clean driver install. Follow the steps here.

Wacom Drivers:
November 2018: New driver released for Mac (Driver 6.3.31-6) with various bugfixes. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Inkspace App Updates: http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1949#p5742

Google Chrome - Clicking issues:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Registration
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?:https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=How-do-I-register-my-Wacom-device%2525253F&guideId=4244ade8-634a-433c-88b4-31d83e63226c

Using the MSP as a PC screen. Thunderbolt with adapter.

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
JyriKilpelainen
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun 21. Oct 2018, 10:40

Re: Using the MSP as a PC screen. Thunderbolt with adapter.

Postby JyriKilpelainen » Mon 5. Nov 2018, 09:45

Update:
Got email from support a week ago with suggestion to try to connect the USB-C cable to the middle port and try again. Well, that is what I've been doing all the time so of course it didn't work. I also updated my MacBook Pro to Mojave (did a clean install) but still the desktop mode refuses to activate.

I also sent support the Google Drive link to all my photos and video of the problem. Nobody has answered since. Now we have over 2000€ computer sitting on the desk collecting dust...

wacom5
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue 8. Aug 2017, 14:35

Re: Using the MSP as a PC screen. Thunderbolt with adapter.

Postby wacom5 » Mon 5. Nov 2018, 10:21

You need to wait for the firmware update for the feature to become enabled again.

JyriKilpelainen
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun 21. Oct 2018, 10:40

Re: Using the MSP as a PC screen. Thunderbolt with adapter.

Postby JyriKilpelainen » Mon 5. Nov 2018, 10:24

wacom5 wrote:You need to wait for the firmware update for the feature to become enabled again.


How it is then possible that there are people in this thread that have the same firmware and device but they still have a working desktop mode? If the firmware disables desktop mode, why is it working for them but not us?

wacom5
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue 8. Aug 2017, 14:35

Re: Using the MSP as a PC screen. Thunderbolt with adapter.

Postby wacom5 » Mon 5. Nov 2018, 10:28

I do not know. If I had to guess, the other user didn't actually perform all the other BIOS firmware updates.

JyriKilpelainen
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun 21. Oct 2018, 10:40

Re: Using the MSP as a PC screen. Thunderbolt with adapter.

Postby JyriKilpelainen » Mon 5. Nov 2018, 10:51

wacom5 wrote:I do not know. If I had to guess, the other user didn't actually perform all the other BIOS firmware updates.


I'm sorry but that is a poor answer. What I'm also upset about is that:

a) A firmware which breaks one of the device's main features is released without a warning to the users. There is no mention of this on your website and support has not mentioned it in their email. It's not even mentioned before you actually do the firmware upgrade!

b) The firmware was released, what, last Summer? It's now November and there is still no ETA when the new firmware is released.

c) You provide no options to downgrade the firmware to a previous version. Yes, I understand that it has security fixes etc. But you should allow users to downgrade the firmware in situations like these and let them take responsibility for the possible security implications.

If this was a 100€ device, I wouldn't be that upset about all this. But we are talking about a 2000€+ premium device, bought for professional content creation in business use. When purchasing a product of that caliber, we expect to have a working device as well as support + information easily available when things do not go as planned. Now we have neither.

mcpatto
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon 15. Oct 2018, 23:57

Re: Using the MSP as a PC screen. Thunderbolt with adapter.

Postby mcpatto » Mon 5. Nov 2018, 11:34

wacom5 wrote:I do not know. If I had to guess, the other user didn't actually perform all the other BIOS firmware updates.


Nope, I have exactly the same BIOS firmware version, same driver version, and atm, the same OS version. Nevertheless, I'm so glad mine works because I can't even describe how I'd feel like if I bought this and desktop mode wasn't available, as this a big dealbreaker for such expensive device. Win10 standalone is okay for outdoor minor work, but for real work, I have to plug it to my MacOS, just like announced on the page.

My trial period is ending, and though my desktop mode is unexplainably working, I'm really considering returning the device, as other people struggling with the lack of a key functionality that is advertised and is a great selling point on a 2k professional device and Wacom's indifference to it are huge red flags.

I'm even thinking that this is not only ethically wrong, but even a law matter, as the product is clearly advertised with such important feature.

mcpatto
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon 15. Oct 2018, 23:57

Re: Using the MSP as a PC screen. Thunderbolt with adapter.

Postby mcpatto » Mon 5. Nov 2018, 11:57

JyriKilpelainen wrote:
wacom5 wrote:I do not know. If I had to guess, the other user didn't actually perform all the other BIOS firmware updates.


c) You provide no options to downgrade the firmware to a previous version. Yes, I understand that it has security fixes etc. But you should allow users to downgrade the firmware in situations like these and let them take responsibility for the possible security implications.



I found this: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/thread ... ios.50913/

Comments suggest it's still working, so you might want to try it with wacom's previous firmware (if that's even available to download, I didn't check).

I tried to send this as a private message but I couldn't find a way, I hope I'm not doing anything wrong by posting it here. If so, mods please delete it.

Hope it helps someone.

JyriKilpelainen
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun 21. Oct 2018, 10:40

Re: Using the MSP as a PC screen. Thunderbolt with adapter.

Postby JyriKilpelainen » Mon 5. Nov 2018, 18:01

mcpatto wrote:
JyriKilpelainen wrote:
wacom5 wrote:I do not know. If I had to guess, the other user didn't actually perform all the other BIOS firmware updates.


c) You provide no options to downgrade the firmware to a previous version. Yes, I understand that it has security fixes etc. But you should allow users to downgrade the firmware in situations like these and let them take responsibility for the possible security implications.



I found this: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/thread ... ios.50913/

Comments suggest it's still working, so you might want to try it with wacom's previous firmware (if that's even available to download, I didn't check).

I tried to send this as a private message but I couldn't find a way, I hope I'm not doing anything wrong by posting it here. If so, mods please delete it.

Hope it helps someone.


Thanks for the link. I just don't think you can download the Wacom firmwares anywhere.

wacom5
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue 8. Aug 2017, 14:35

Re: Using the MSP as a PC screen. Thunderbolt with adapter.

Postby wacom5 » Tue 6. Nov 2018, 09:43

mcpatto wrote:
I found this: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/thread ... ios.50913/

Comments suggest it's still working, so you might want to try it with wacom's previous firmware (if that's even available to download, I didn't check).

I tried to send this as a private message but I couldn't find a way, I hope I'm not doing anything wrong by posting it here. If so, mods please delete it.

Hope it helps someone.


Not at all. We appreciate the help. As I said, I don't know why yours is working, but I am glad it is.
I am gathering all the details provided here and checking with the responsible team(s).

In the meatime, all the users that are having the issue, please contact our support team. We may be able to offer some alternative solution.
Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

JyriKilpelainen
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun 21. Oct 2018, 10:40

Re: Using the MSP as a PC screen. Thunderbolt with adapter.

Postby JyriKilpelainen » Tue 6. Nov 2018, 10:10

wacom5 wrote:
mcpatto wrote:
I found this: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/thread ... ios.50913/

Comments suggest it's still working, so you might want to try it with wacom's previous firmware (if that's even available to download, I didn't check).

I tried to send this as a private message but I couldn't find a way, I hope I'm not doing anything wrong by posting it here. If so, mods please delete it.

Hope it helps someone.


Not at all. We appreciate the help. As I said, I don't know why yours is working, but I am glad it is.
I am gathering all the details provided here and checking with the responsible team(s).

In the meatime, all the users that are having the issue, please contact our support team. We may be able to offer some alternative solution.
Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/


We've already contacted support. Case number: #CAS-1107471-R3S0W7


Return to “Pen Computers”