Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Cintiq Pro 24 - Fan Speed:
A firmware update was released that should allow you to adjust the fan speed. Please see: here

Windows 10 Fall 2018 Update:
Updating to the newest Windows 10 Fall update? Wacom has identified a few issues within the latest update. Pan/Scroll is not working correctly in some applications. Also, Modifier Clicks do not work when assigned to pen buttons or ExpressKeys, see the screenshot below. The Wacom driver team has submitted a bug report with Microsoft for these issues and will continue to work with them until it is fixed. More information can be found here: here

Mac OS 10.14 Mojave:
Upgrading to Mac OS 10.14 Mojave? A new Mac OSX security feature requires some additional changes to run the Wacom Driver correctly. Please see the instructions found on our support page here. Also, If you have any issues, please try a clean driver install. Follow the steps here.

Wacom Drivers:
December 2018: New driver released for Windows (6.3.32-3) and Mac (6.3.32-3). Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Inkspace App Updates: http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1949#p5742

Google Chrome Why is Google Chrome not accepting clicks or is lagging?

Registration
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Cintiq Companion 2 Display Issues

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
KeKoDesign

Cintiq Companion 2 Display Issues

Postby KeKoDesign » Sun 7. Oct 2018, 19:46

Aight, going to try and make this as short as possible.

It began with my Cintiq Companion 2 (henceforth referred to tablet) crashing regularly when I didn't shut it down entirely whenever it wanted to update. When I instead put it in Sleep/ hibernation mode it would show me a black screen instead and restarting didn't help. Long story short; the harddisc kicked the bucket during a reset and the tablet refused to do anything else. This happened 1 month after my 2 year warranty ended.

I contacted Wacom first via the chat option on site, later via telephone so that I could speak with a representative from/ for the Netherlands, since the person I was taking to via the chat option was only for American customers and couldn't help me any further. The Dutch rep was wonderful and accomodating and I have nothing but praise for his help in this case. I got to send my tablet to get repaired under an extended warranty and I got it back about a week or two later, with (and I quote)"new hardware installed". This was end of April, start of May 2018. Shortly after (at most a month) I started noticing that my screen became blurry and pixelated, but a restart solved this, or so I thought. Over the next few weeks it became worse and worse, streaks across the screen, flickering, etc. On september 2nd, I was no longer able to use my tablet because the screen was either entirely black or flickering so violently that it gave me headaches.

I have not used it for weeks and it's not been touched in as long, and there's been no positive change. Here's a video of what it did when I started it up this morning. It's a download in my DA STA.SH because I took the video with my phone. After I took this video I tried to turn it back off, only to have it turn itself back on several times.

I have never before had this issue with my tablet, and now I am so disappointed with the product. It worked great as a high quality, portable tablet (if I ignore the fact that it told me it could not find the tablet driver or that the tablet drivers weren't working properly a couple times in the past, something which still weirds me out since it's a built in tablet/ computer hybrid...) and I love the sensitivity, as well as the large memory capabilities and screen resolution, but the fact that it has broken twice within 6 months, right after warranty ended is really upsetting, including the issues that ensue whenever auto updates force their way in. I paid 2500euro's for this and it took me a year to save up for it, I feel it should have lasted much much longer for that price and for the love of all that is sacred please allow us to disable auto updating!! It has caused me to lose work in the past because it would restart whilst I was working in full screen.

TL:DR: Is there anything I can do, or that can be done to fix this display problem?? And let me disable auto updating please to stop my tablet from crashing... If I can ever actually use it again. Thanks for reading.

wacom5

Re: Cintiq Companion 2 Display Issues

Postby wacom5 » Mon 8. Oct 2018, 07:46

I would contact the Support Team again and check what they can do to help.

KeKoDesign

Postby KeKoDesign » Mon 8. Oct 2018, 10:54

wacom5 wrote:I would contact the Support Team again and check what they can do to help.

I´d like to point out that the contact number for the Netherlands´ customer service is no longer available on the website, which would speed this process up much more than by going through the 'Contact Support' form.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Mon 8. Oct 2018, 14:24

You can also reach out to the team via Chat, or call the Other lines number for English phone support: +44 207 949 0392.

KeKoDesign

Postby KeKoDesign » Mon 8. Oct 2018, 18:32

wacom5 wrote:You can also reach out to the team via Chat, or call the Other lines number for English phone support: +44 207 949 0392.

As I already said up above; I was informed last time that the Chat function was only available for USA customers and that they could do nothing except to forward my issue to a representative for the Netherlands, which they claim they did and for which I received no response, until I called up the number (which is no longer available at this time). I feel this issue would re-appear if I contacted the Other English support, since they made it very clear to me last time that I would need to contact a Dutch or German representative to have my case handled and no, I sadly do not speak, write nor read German. Thanks though, I've sent in the form, received the standard automated message and will now have to wait till someone get's back to me, or the number for the Netherlands re-appears.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Tue 9. Oct 2018, 07:19

I understand. Seems that there is some confusion in the communication. I will forward this feedback to the team as Wacom can definitely improve here.
As you can see in the contact page, there is a English number for UK customers and a English number for all others. These two lines are operated in Europe by English speaking representatives that can help you. You will not be required to speak German to receive assistance.
As for the chat, since its running for 24h (except on Weekends) you might find yourself speaking with a representative that is not located in the same region. Some assistance requests might need to be transferred due to different regional specific processes.

KeKoDesign

Postby KeKoDesign » Tue 9. Oct 2018, 08:11

wacom5 wrote:I understand. Seems that there is some confusion in the communication. I will forward this feedback to the team as Wacom can definitely improve here.
As you can see in the contact page, there is a English number for UK customers and a English number for all others. These two lines are operated in Europe by English speaking representatives that can help you. You will not be required to speak German to receive assistance.
As for the chat, since its running for 24h (except on Weekends) you might find yourself speaking with a representative that is not located in the same region. Some assistance requests might need to be transferred due to different regional specific processes.

Thank you for clearing that up, in that case I’ll try the number you provided and see if they can help.

Return to “Pen Computers”