Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Pen not working after Mac OSX update June 2019:
http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4011

Why is the cursor on Windows a white dot or crosshairs?
http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4013#p8912

Wacom Drivers:
Latest driver released for Windows (6.3.35-3) and Mac (6.3.35-2). Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Drawing software:
If you wondering which software to choose, check the trial versions below:

Right click hover, stopped opening menu

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
T28c34

Right click hover, stopped opening menu

Postby T28c34 » Tue 5. Feb 2019, 04:37

Started setting up and using my new 16" 512. I'm running Corel draw, photo and painter as well as Turbo cad and Aspire. I'm not sure if I changed a setting while I was setting it up, but my now in my programs the right click when I hover will not open the menu. It was working but now it doesn't on any programs. It does work on the windows desk top, right click and the menu pops up next it. Any ideas?
Thanks

wacom5

Re: Right click hover, stopped opening menu

Postby wacom5 » Tue 5. Feb 2019, 09:36

Hi.
I was only able to test this with Painter Essentials and it seems to work fine for me. I am using the latest Wacom Driver - 6.3.32-4
Which driver version do you have installed? Are you sure you are triggering right click correctly?

T28c34

Postby T28c34 » Tue 5. Feb 2019, 15:19

Yes, I have the latest driver. I can hover and click over the windows desktop and get the menu to pop up. but not in any other of my programs.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Wed 6. Feb 2019, 07:52

What does is do instead? Does it react in anyway with Pan/Scroll or something else?
Did you check if the driver is automatically importing settings for the software and changing the pen functions?
Please check the driver and make sure that right click is the assigned function for that software. We are sure the hardware is fine, otherwise right-click wouldn't work at all.

T28c34

Postby T28c34 » Wed 6. Feb 2019, 18:16

Last night I was chatting with Wacom support. He had me delete the Wacom driver and everything associated with it, then reload from the website. It still reacts the same. Working in Turbo cad, right click will not open the pop up menu when I hover and click or touch and click. It only starts another line. In Vectric Aspire, it just keeps adding more lines and does not open the menu to tell it to stop.

Hover right click is working with Corel draw. Paintshop pro and Paint Essentials. Just not with my Turbo cad and Vectric Aspire. Both of those are the newest versions.

How do I check if the driver is automatically importing settings for the software and changing the pen functions? or check the driver and make sure that right click is the assigned function for that software? I do have the pen set up properly in the Wacom tablet properties box for the program I am using and the pen is set to right click for it.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Thu 7. Feb 2019, 08:45

T28c34 wrote:I do have the pen set up properly in the Wacom tablet properties box for the program I am using and the pen is set to right click for it.
This is what I meant.
So you can confirm that Turbocad and Vectric Aspire have the correct pen settings for right-click? What if you change the setting from Hover Click to Click & Tap (click on Options from the Wacom Tablet Properties)?
Unfortunately I cannot test these 2 software. Depending you your results, I will check with the driver team.

T28c34

Postby T28c34 » Thu 7. Feb 2019, 15:39

When I switched over to Click & tap, the only difference was it would not let me open a file. I had to use touch to open. When the file was open, Click tap did the same thing, just keep adding more lines and not opening the menu. I tried it turning off touch in both modes, hover click and click tap and still the same response.

I have been emailing with Wacom support and have tried several times to delete and re install the driver, and have been getting the same results.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Fri 8. Feb 2019, 10:32

Understood. in that case, please proceed with the Customer Service team. They can collect more details and report to the driver developers for further testing.

T28c34

Postby T28c34 » Fri 8. Feb 2019, 14:30

Thanks for your help. I did have a thought and tried. I changed one of the express keys to right click and it seems to work that way if I leave the cursor over what I want to right click over and pull the pen away.
Ill keep you up to date with there findings.
Thanks

Return to “Pen Computers”