NEW tablet driver 6.3.22-3 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Problem mit modifiers on keyboard getting stuck was fixed.

Laste version for for Windows 6.3.21-10: Fixed several problems related to touch on display tablets. Last update for an issue with transferring paper sketches or sketching in Inkspace

MSP 16 tablet driver missing

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
denniscalero

MSP 16 tablet driver missing

Postby denniscalero » Wed 1. Feb 2017, 16:11

Hey guys

Happened twice so far in the ast couple of days

the computer freezes for a sec and then the pen stops working.

go to the control panel, tablet driver missing.

have to uninstall and reinstall driver

whats up with that?

denniscalero

Re: MSP 16 tablet driver missing

Postby denniscalero » Wed 1. Mar 2017, 16:20

this happened again. seems to happen when coming back from hibernation. video also seems to slow down

Masterchief

Postby Masterchief » Thu 2. Mar 2017, 10:00

Same problem here.
Worked fine in the beginning (1-2 two weeks only used in the evenings). Now it restarts (nothing to do with windows update) or shuts down after some time.
And I have been running only Photoshop so far, no Zbrush or 3dsmax yet !!!!
After restarting often the tablet driver isn´t working, so no pen control anymore. Only thing that helps is deinstalling
and reinstalling the driver ... until the next crash and lost work. I´m assuming the problem is overheating.

I´m sorry ... but dear people from wacom. Why don´t you test your product before selling it for more than 3K Euro (I´m from Germany)!?!
In this condition it is not usable as mobile workstation.

Any suggestions from the support?
I´m thinking about sending mine back. Very dissapointed.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Thu 2. Mar 2017, 11:14

If that change in BIOS helps as worakround, it provides more memory for graphics handling and is independant of heating up. It might be a problem of the graphics driver, if it crashes the system. - So far we do not see such a problem frequently. If the machine crashes often and the problem is not caused by software, the unit might need to go for repair.

Masterchief

Postby Masterchief » Thu 2. Mar 2017, 11:24

Ok, I´ll try updating the graphics card driver for the quadro first and then write an update here.

The wacom driver is up to date.
It doesn´t freeze. It just suddenly restarts or shuts down. Sometimes it immediately shuts down again after restarting.
After that it works again for an hour maybe. Very strange. It feels also pretty hot in the lower right corner and on the back
even when only handling photos in Photoshop. I do not obstruct the vents or any openings!!

Return to “Pen Computers”