New driver posting for Mac and Windows. The 6.3.24 driver has an updated user help section and bug fixes including issues related to assigning and entering keystrokes, such as Esc and Shift. Download here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

Apple announced that 10.13 High Sierra will be released on Sep 25th. Wacom is currently working on a driver update to support this OS and will be ready by late Oct. Please note that the existing Wacom driver for 10.12 will NOT work so we suggest not to upgrade to OS 10.13 until the new driver is released.
To learn more, visit: http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Connecting a 21UX cintiq to a Mobile Studio Pro

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
lomonzo

Connecting a 21UX cintiq to a Mobile Studio Pro

Postby lomonzo » Tue 28. Feb 2017, 11:09

Tried connecting a bigger cintiq to my Mobile Studio Pro 16.
The 21UX is correctly detected by the operating system, it shows up in my control panel connected devices list and works just fine as a display monitor, but it won't show up in the Wacom tablet properties panel.
As a result I can't achieve a correct pen tracking nor pressure sensitivity using the pen on 21UX.
Is there a way to fix this?

I hope so: that would mean I could ditch my old desktop computer and make MSP the center of my studio.

Thanks!

PS - Just to avoid wasting your time: I know that a 21UX is a big step back in terms of quality and sensitivity and resolution and all the shenanigans, so please answer only if you have a possible solution to my thread question and not trying to make me aware of how wrong it is to connect a worse pen display to a better one: I'm using the 21 ux with great satisfaction since 2007 and I would love to continue to do so for the sake of a way bigger screen and an excellent product design I'm very comfortable with! Again, thanks for your help. :)

denniscalero

Re: Connecting a 21UX cintiq to a Mobile Studio Pro

Postby denniscalero » Wed 1. Mar 2017, 16:05

how are connecting the devices

lomonzo

Postby lomonzo » Wed 1. Mar 2017, 17:56

Hey!
here's my connection:

Video: dvi to usb c converter, works flawlessly.

Data connection: Usb to usb C converter.
Pen is tracked on the 21UX (I can move the MSP cursor with it), but with a wrong mapping as it's not recognized by wacom driver (while the OS is correctly listing the connected device).

quohogx

Postby quohogx » Fri 3. Mar 2017, 19:12

I am very much interested in an answer to this question.
I want to buy a replacement for my old workstation, and a wacom MSP 16 is one of the top candidates - but I also want to keep all of the pen-enabled screen area of old cintiq 21ux. So if i went and bought a MSP i would end up in exactly the same situation.

Your results so far sound encouraging, but maybe somebody from Wacom could comment if and how a setup like that can be made to work.

One question though: can you already use the same pen on both the cintiq and the MSP, or do you have to switch between two pens?

lomonzo

Postby lomonzo » Sun 5. Mar 2017, 17:21

You'll have to switch as the 21UX pen is totally a different beast :)

Let's see if anybody from wacom will come to help us!
Fingers crossed.

Return to “Pen Computers”