New driver posted for Mac, version 6.3.25 now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver is still 6.3.24. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Cintiq Mobile Studio pro: Is it reliable?

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
Bilboudo

Cintiq Mobile Studio pro: Is it reliable?

Postby Bilboudo » Mon 13. Mar 2017, 09:09

After to have discovered this product, as a huge improvement of the Companion series, I' starting to be interested.
Really interested: it should be a dream came true, but....
reading on this board my enthusiasm, falls quickly, due to the many malfunctions reported: overheating, screen that stopped to work, touch flaw, many people that returned their unit to the seller...
The sensation that I have is that the product isn't yet ready to work properly with the amount of stress work that a professional artist have to deal with (8 or more hour of work every day with, in my case, Photoshop).

I'm really torn between to satisfy my need of mobility with this Mobile Studio Pro, or to reinforce and make more comfortable my studio experience with a 27QHD now (and wait for future more reliable units for mobile work.....).
I know that they are extremely opposed experiences, but I would like to satisfy both with the time.....

Is it right, or have I misunderstood and it could work smoothly?

P.S.: in order to don't buy its stand, could be the 13HD stand compatible with the Mobile Studio Pro 13"? They seems apparently the same as look, but I'm not sure....

Bilboudo

Re: Cintiq Mobile Studio pro: Is it reliable?

Postby Bilboudo » Mon 13. Mar 2017, 23:16

Any suggestions about my doubt?
Should have I to leave the idea to get the Mobile Studio pro?
Or can I hope to get a well working unit?

joeparis

Postby joeparis » Tue 14. Mar 2017, 09:06

As you probably know, the forum will be used mostly by people who have experienced a problem, whereas those who are working away happily on their totally functioning MSPro have no reason to be here. I don't have a MSPro but I do have the Cintiq Companion 1 which had many issues. Mine has worked flawlessly and I love it.

Bilboudo

Postby Bilboudo » Tue 14. Mar 2017, 10:02

Well, yes, maybe you're right.
So right way to follow should be: try and cross fingers. ^_^

Bilboudo

Postby Bilboudo » Tue 14. Mar 2017, 10:10

Another doubt that I have is: is it challenging to work with MSP and a MAcBook Pro?

I explain: I'm working on a MacBook pro and I have all my external HD formatted in OS Journaled.
Now I know that Windows don't read that format, but I wouldn't do a complete migration from OSX to Windows, but to work with both them, shifting from the studio work (MacBook pro) to external work (with MSP) being able to access to all my previous working files without to become crazy....

Is there any way to make this process as simpler as possible?

Can be connected an external monitor to MSP?
Che the MSP to be charged with external power bank to make the battery life more long?
I watched many video reviews, but no one seems talk about these features that I feels important....

denniscalero

Postby denniscalero » Mon 24. Apr 2017, 21:56

i had the cc2 and i have msp 16gb i7

I had the opp to sell my old gear and upgrade and it IS an improvement

BUT

if I had a cc2 16gb i would NOT upgrade

if I had a cc1 i would

Dinomightkaroar

Postby Dinomightkaroar » Wed 26. Apr 2017, 04:46

aside from a few little bugs, it's rock solid. I'm loving mine.

Return to “Pen Computers”