New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

"No Device Connected" to MSP

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
WMSPman

"No Device Connected" to MSP

Postby WMSPman » Tue 20. Dec 2016, 05:45

Just got my Mobile Studio Pro 13" last week. Within a week, it's been twice already that "Wacom Desktop Centre" showed "No Device Connected" after a reboot. When trying to open "Wacom Tablet Properties" I also get "Tablet Driver was not Found".

Simply installing the tablet driver again doesn't help. I would HAVE to uninstall the Tablet Driver, reboot AND THEN reinstall the Tablet Driver again in order for MSP to be recognized.

Why is this happening? I don't want to waste time having to uninstall, reinstall etc.

wacom1

Re: "No Device Connected" to MSP

Postby wacom1 » Tue 20. Dec 2016, 08:13

This is with the MSP connected to another computer, or standalone ? First case could be a connection problem. In second case I would try to go to Start Menu -> Wacom Tablet -> Wacom Tablet prefs utility and 'remove' the settings. That restarts the driver. If you have a backup of the settings, you can also use 'restore' or doubleclick on the settings backup file.

WMSPman

Postby WMSPman » Wed 21. Dec 2016, 00:19

wacom1 wrote:This is with the MSP connected to another computer, or standalone ? First case could be a connection problem.

I didn't know that MSP can be connected to another computer without the (yet-to-be-released) Wacom link, can it?

wacom1 wrote:In second case I would try to go to Start Menu -> Wacom Tablet -> Wacom Tablet prefs utility and 'remove' the settings. That restarts the driver. If you have a backup of the settings, you can also use 'restore' or doubleclick on the settings backup file.

I will try to "remove settings" method next time first before removing the driver completley and reinstalling it, which was a pain. But why is this happening to begin with? I don't know if this is related to the BSOD that I've experienced with Windows too. Maybe the BSOD in some ways screwed up the Wacom driver?

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Wed 21. Dec 2016, 08:29

You can connect the MSP with a desktop machine with a direct USB-C cable, if the desktop has USB-C - or you can also use Apple's USB-C to HDMI adapter, if you have that. (The Wacom Link adapter is included with the Cintiq Pro, but unfortunately not yet separately.)

Normally you should not need to re-install the driver, unless some file is corrupted or some files might be blocked by anti-virus software (or some faulty Windows update). But I would always try to restore settings first.

ostonica

Postby ostonica » Fri 30. Dec 2016, 19:58

Just a bit of info about the MSP-PC USB-C connection.

I just installed a Blackbird MX-1 USB-C PCIE card in my Windows 10 PC and installed the latest MSP drivers 6.3.19.3.
When I connected the MSP 13" I7 16GB 512GB to the PC, there was no connection at all. The MSP was not recognised

"A supported tablet was not found on the system" was the error message from the Wacom Tablet Properties on the PC (also running Win10)
The PC Motherboard is an ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 with 16GB Ram. .

When I called Wacom tech support, I was told that the PC-MSP connection via a USB-C cable had not been tested at Wacom with a PCIE USB Card

Disappointing, but that comes with the the bleeding edge territory. I expect it will be fixed in a new driver

Jim
http://js-ca.net

ostonica

Postby ostonica » Sat 31. Dec 2016, 03:08

wacom1 wrote:You can connect the MSP with a desktop machine with a direct USB-C cable, if the desktop has USB-C - or you can also use Apple's USB-C to HDMI adapter, if you have that.

After finding out that the USB-C cable connection from the MSP to the USB-C PICI card in by PC does not work at all, I since learned that not all USB-C ports are the same. The USB-C port in the Blackbird MX-1 card IS a USB 3.1 port, but it does not support the DP Alt Mode for the link to the MSP to work.

At this point I cannot see any way to use a USB-C connection from my MSP to my PC.

Jim

ostonica

Postby ostonica » Sun 1. Jan 2017, 03:27

wacom1 wrote:You can connect the MSP with a desktop machine with a direct USB-C cable, if the desktop has USB-C - or you can also use Apple's USB-C to HDMI adapter, if you have that. (The Wacom Link adapter is included with the Cintiq Pro, but unfortunately not yet separately.)

Please could you give more detail about the requirements of the desktop computer to work with (a) the Apple USB-C to HDMI dapter (b) the wacom link for the Mobile Surface Pro.

Details of the connection are very sparse in the help file for the MSP and led me to a mistake in buying a PCIE USB-C board which does not work (no graphics support on the Blackbird MX-1 card)

I currently do not have a graphics card that supports HDMI or DisplayPort on my desktop PC, just a dual DVI card. So I need to buy an additional graphics card for either of (a) or (b) to work. I need to know the requirements of such a graphics board so that I do not make a second mistake and buy the wrong card.

Many thanks
Jim

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Mon 2. Jan 2017, 09:46

The adapter from Apple is for USB-C to HDMI and allows to attach HDMI monitors to the MSP, but so far there is no adapter for the other way. For using the MSP with a desktop machine, you should use the Wacom Link adapter or a USB-C port that supports displayport. Make sure to use the center USB-C port on the MobileStudio Pro to get the signal to the MSP.

ostonica

Postby ostonica » Mon 2. Jan 2017, 13:40

Many thanks for the clarification. I had read your earlier comment:
" if the desktop has USB-C - or you can also use Apple's USB-C to HDMI adapter, if you have that."
to mean that I could use the Apple adapter to connect to an HDMI port on a graphics card. :-(

But I see now that there is no communication that way from the Graphics card TO the MSP.

However it seems that I will need a new graphics card with a Displayport and just wait until the Wacom Link adapter is available.

Please could you give a little more info about the Wacom Link adapter? Does it connect to a Mini? Displayport on the deksktop graphics card and via a different cable to a USB port - 2 or 3? - on the desktop PC

Thanks again, happy new year.

Jim

ostonica

Postby ostonica » Wed 4. Jan 2017, 13:28

ostonica wrote:Please could you give a little more info about the Wacom Link adapter? Does it connect to a Mini? Displayport on a deksktop graphics card and via a different cable to a USB port - 2 or 3? - on the desktop PC.

Bumping this question for Wacom1 :-) with an additional question:
Will the MSP13 connect directly to a PC via a single usb-c cable if the PC contains this new card from Sunix
http://www.sunix.com/en/product_detail. ... 1&pid=1909

That datasheet says that the usb-c port is DP ALT Mode enabled.

Thanks

Return to “Pen Computers”