New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 has a known issue when using the WL Kit - this will be fixed soon. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Very short wifi range on MSP 13

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
amandak

Very short wifi range on MSP 13

Postby amandak » Wed 26. Apr 2017, 08:55

I had a chance to travel with the MSP 13 recently and noticed the wifi signal strength seemed incredibly weak. Of the three venues we stayed at, the MSP was only able to connect to the wifi network at one venue, and then only at low speeds and often disconnecting. Our iPhones and a MacBook had no trouble.

At two airports, our phones could see half a dozen wifi networks while the MSP only usually saw one or two.

Back home, I was able to test the wifi signal from my study and sure enough, whether on 5GHz or 2.4GHz, the MSP’s was much weaker than other devices in the same location, including a desktop PC and a Surface Pro 4. Again, it only saw one or two networks where the other devices confidently saw half a dozen to a dozen. The speed of the wifi connection on the MSP fluctuated considerably and reliability was poor, with connections often timing out due to packet loss.

When placed much closer to the wifi access point (<6m or so), the signal is sufficiently stable that it’s not a problem. (It’s just that it’s a much shorter range than any other device I’ve tried.) When an external USB wifi adapter is used with the MSP, wifi signal strength and stability is absolutely fine. It’s almost as though the internal wifi antenna isn’t performing well on the MSP.

Have other people had similar experiences, or is it just my MSP?

Return to “Pen Computers”