NEW tablet driver 6.3.23-4 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Fixed: Problem mit modifiers on keyboard in combination with pentip, accidential double-clicks etc. Last update for an issue with ZBrush navigation.

New version for for Windows 6.3.23-1: Fixed various problems - zooming with expresskeys, 'driver not responding' error message and others.

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom Cintiq Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to version 1.2.3.0 to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer. - There is now also such a firmware update for MobileStudio Pro for this issue.

Wacom dragging feet on stand, so made my own...

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
tomatogoatee

Wacom dragging feet on stand, so made my own...

Postby tomatogoatee » Tue 30. May 2017, 16:22

Input is welcome.
https://imgur.com/a/CKG3q

I've seen a few stands available on Amazon that people like, but they're all way too big to fit in my bag comfortably. So, I decided to make one of my own that fits close to the body. The stand is at a fixed angle (which just happens to be the angle I like).

asoftdegrade

Re: Wacom dragging feet on stand, so made my own...

Postby asoftdegrade » Tue 30. May 2017, 20:53

Hey, whatever works, right? : )

I'd be worried about the back part, does the plastic stand fit deep into those slots on the back of the tablet? If not, they could slip out and the tablet would slam down on the table. Just something to keep in mind.

tomatogoatee

Postby tomatogoatee » Wed 31. May 2017, 14:36

Well, the slots are pretty deep and the edges aren't beveled. I've picked it up, moved it around the table, spun it around... Even tried bopping it with my fist a few times to see if it'd slip. So far, it's been really sturdy.

Of course, I'm going to get some rubber coating to go on the leading edge of that stand so it:
A) fits a bit more snugly
B) doesn't end up scratching the back of the tablet.

tomatogoatee

Postby tomatogoatee » Tue 20. Jun 2017, 14:35

I wasn't really happy with the aluminum angle pieces I used on this stand, so I made a second using some plastic edge guards I found at the hardware store.
https://imgur.com/a/BMBxV

It's a little smaller, but fits better in my bag. Plus, the pieces that grip the sides of the MSP aren't scratching it, which is a bonus.

Even through all this, I'm probably still likely to buy Wacom's stand... If it ever comes out.

surfacefanboi

Postby surfacefanboi » Wed 21. Jun 2017, 13:30

Thanks for your idea :) I would use yours when clients are around!......my adaptation of a fleabay stand means I can use the MSP 16 all day long with big PS files and it comes off the stand almost cold some days. It also has extra USB ports on it. It looks really bad but works really well, I added the 2 extra fans in the critical cooling areas on the right hand side to suck the hot exhaust air away (I can vector these by simply moving the MSP) and the main fan blows cool air back onto the unit. I drilled holes in the side to make the stand sit more upright and the black tape has foam behind it to stop vibration from the fans into the MSP. https://imgur.com/gallery/AlvBE

The cooling new system works much better than I thought it would :) I also added some cardboard at the back to put the Wacom power unit on and mini HD.

In theory my Wacom may last longer as the internals are being kept very cool!
I noticed playing a 4k video ( which was a great experience on the Wacom) got the exhaust air very hot w/o my fan system working.
“I do not fear computers. I fear lack of them.”
— Isaac Asimov :lol:

Return to “Pen Computers”