Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Drawing software:
If you are not able to register, please use the trial version of the software below and try to register again at a later date.

Wacom Drivers:
December 2018: New driver released for Windows (6.3.32-4) and Mac (6.3.32-3). Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Windows 10 Fall 2018 Update:
Updating to the newest Windows 10 Fall update? Wacom has identified a few issues within the latest update. Pan/Scroll is not working correctly in some applications. Also, Modifier Clicks do not work when assigned to pen buttons or ExpressKeys, see the screenshot below. The Wacom driver team has submitted a bug report with Microsoft for these issues and will continue to work with them until it is fixed. More information can be found here: here

Mac OS 10.14 Mojave:
Upgrading to Mac OS 10.14 Mojave? A new Mac OSX security feature requires some additional changes to run the Wacom Driver correctly. Please see the instructions found on our support page here. Also, If you have any issues, please try a clean driver install. Follow the steps here.

All clicks are not equal

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
michaelcawood

All clicks are not equal

Postby michaelcawood » Mon 26. Dec 2016, 18:14

I use wacoms for everything at work (Windows 10) and at home (Linux/Windows 7). But I've been getting particularly frustrated with being forced to switch to a mouse hundreds of times a day to do things the wacom refuses to do. The most common is clicking and finding that clicks on certain things just don't work (tabs in browsers, buttons in browsers and installers, etc...) so I switch to the mouse. Often just moving the mouse a little allows the pen to work, just as often I have to do the click with the mouse then I switch back to the pen. Double clicks in some websites are extremely challenging and although sometimes they work, other times I switch to the mouse again. I've played with various modes and click speeds in the settings (15 years of wacom experience in numerous platforms and types of wacoms). I'm at a loss and wondering if there's any easy fix that will eradicate this frustration. Of course someone may say buy a new one, as I am using an older model on a newer operating system, but given how long I've been experiencing stupid issues like this (in earlier versions of windows), always hoping the next OS update will fix them, I'm not confident in wacom/windows products/drivers. Does anyone have any insight into this?

Cintiq 12WX
Windows 10

wacom1

Re: All clicks are not equal

Postby wacom1 » Tue 27. Dec 2016, 09:19

If you are using the tablet on Win and Linux and see the same problem on both platforms: there could be a fault in the pen (a single click might result in several clicks with no or confusing reaction). If the pen stops clicking AND moving, you may have some trouble with the USB connection.

For problem in clicking with Win7, I would turn off the 'Use Windows Ink' option. For problems on websites and browser you might try switching to another browser. The tablet installs some browser plugins (under Program Files\TabletPlugins) for pressure sensitive website. You can remove/rename that folder to test for any interference from these plugins.

VeraChuckandDave

Postby VeraChuckandDave » Tue 27. Dec 2016, 15:03

I have exactly the same problem on a Cintiq 24HD using a Mac Pro (Mid 2010) MacOSSierra (10.12.2).
It all started after updating the driver (6.3.19-10)
USB connection is o.k.
The nib and eraser are recognized by the tablet.
The problem is everywhere! (all browsers, all CC Apps).

michaelcawood

Postby michaelcawood » Tue 27. Dec 2016, 18:18

The main problem I'm referring to is happening in Windows 10 with the Cintiq 12WX but I've experienced it many times before for years with various setups. I'm just pointing out that I use it in numerous configurations so you know I've tried a lot of options. I've tried everything you mentioned there, except I didn't know about the browser plugins so I'll experiment with that now. Thank you.

michaelcawood

Postby michaelcawood » Tue 27. Dec 2016, 22:18

VeraChuckandDave - that's my concern about newer tablets... I figured it might not matter what model you have it's an ongoing issue. I suspect it may have more to do with the OS or the drivers. But you're having the issue on a Mac and I'm on a PC. I have used Intuos on Linux and I'd still have to keep a mouse close by for some issues (in Linux it was usually that it would think you've done a "select all" or a region select when you hadn't, and getting out of it required a mouse click).

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Thu 29. Dec 2016, 10:49

I tired to explain, that a tablet may show such problems for different reasons: could be on the tablet hardware side, could be a software or configuration problem (os or driver) or an external influence. If it happens frequently, it should be possible to find out, if it is hardware or software related and then proceed further depending on a pattern for the problem. If something happens regularly and is reproducible, we can ask software/hardware engineering to find the root and a solution or workaround for the issue.

VeraChuckandDave

Postby VeraChuckandDave » Thu 29. Dec 2016, 12:34

Wacom support suggested these drivers for Mac:
http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/d ... 3.19-9.dmg

http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/d ... 3.17-5.dmg

http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/d ... 3.15-3.dmg

6.3.17-5 worked for me!
Everything back to normal.
Thanks Wacom support!

michaelcawood

Postby michaelcawood » Tue 3. Jan 2017, 16:00

Just to be sure, I tried the latest drivers but no change.

michaelcawood

Postby michaelcawood » Tue 7. Feb 2017, 23:29

So it's 2017... we are living in the future!!!! .... but I still can't click on everything with my wacom pen. Still using a mouse to supplement those random occasions when the pen chooses not to left click. I know this is not unique to me... I work with a large team of artists, many of whom use a wacom just like me and encounter the same thing. There has to be a solution to this.

Return to “Pen Computers”