New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

The point of a msp for an indoor mobile use.

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
Lazyarbee

The point of a msp for an indoor mobile use.

Postby Lazyarbee » Sat 15. Jul 2017, 12:02

Hey, I'm looking to buy a pen tablet but I'm struggling between keeping my laptop and buy a cintiq pro 16 or go with the msp16. The point is that I want to be able to draw on my desk, couch and bed, but not outside. For this maybe a msp would be overkill but it has those lovely express keys that would be usefull on my sofa while doing zbrush stuff. So, for my case, what should I do ?

tomatogoatee

Re: The point of a msp for an indoor mobile use.

Postby tomatogoatee » Thu 27. Jul 2017, 17:45

Just my two cents on the issue, but if you aren't getting it for it's portability, then definitely go with the Cintiq. The express keys are nice, but hardly worth the price jump. (Especially when there are cheaper, albeit hackier, methods of getting express key functionality out of bluetooth devices.)

I am, however, curious as to just what length cable will still work with the Cintiq Pro.

wacom4

Postby wacom4 » Mon 31. Jul 2017, 07:11

Two remarks here:
1) The standard USB-C cable length applies - depending on the setup this might be only 2m (USB-C distinguishes different profiles with different maximum cable lengths)
2) There might not be the need for Express Keys when you get used to the On-Screen Controls (in the Wacom Driver).

LauraHeyward

Postby LauraHeyward » Mon 14. Aug 2017, 15:20

I would suggest keeping the laptop instead of Cintiq pro or some other thing you want to buy. but if you are gonna buy it for portability then go for Cintiq like the above guy said.

snelson192

Postby snelson192 » Wed 30. Aug 2017, 10:54

If the laptop is not running well then I think you should have to buy a tablet.

Return to “Pen Computers”