NEW tablet driver 6.3.23-4 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Fixed: Problem mit modifiers on keyboard in combination with pentip, accidential double-clicks etc. Last update for an issue with ZBrush navigation.

New version for for Windows 6.3.23-1: Fixed various problems - zooming with expresskeys, 'driver not responding' error message and others.

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom Cintiq Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to version 1.2.3.0 to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer. - There is now also such a firmware update for MobileStudio Pro for this issue.

Cintiq Companion 2 - Black Screen, No Backlight

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
petitcarreau

Re: Cintiq Companion 2 - Black Screen, No Backlight

Postby petitcarreau » Tue 27. Jun 2017, 20:24

Same problem here ! But maybe with some differences : I was using my companion 2, it was not plugged, and suddenly I experimented some blurring screen and then it shutted down by his own. When I rebooted, the screen was blurred again and after some reboots, there was nothing else than black screen (the backlight is still working on reboots) ... I tried to plug it as a normal cintiq with an other computer, nothing appears. I managed to connect the companion to another screen and sometimes (not always) it works ! So, I made a back up of my files, I tried to update drivers of the graphic card but it didn't change anything, the companion doesn't recognize his own screen ...

What is giving me hope that the screen is not completly dead yet is that (very rarely), the "Wacom screen" can appears randomly at some reboots... I even had a windows login screen once or two...

wacom1

Re: Cintiq Companion 2 - Black Screen, No Backlight

Postby wacom1 » Wed 28. Jun 2017, 08:02

That looks like a hardware problem unfortunately - perhaps only some bad internal connection. Contact customer support for repair or exchange of the unit.

Return to “Pen Computers”