New driver posted for Mac, version 6.3.25 now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver is still 6.3.24. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Cintiq Companion 2 - Black Screen, No Backlight

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
petitcarreau

Re: Cintiq Companion 2 - Black Screen, No Backlight

Postby petitcarreau » Tue 27. Jun 2017, 20:24

Same problem here ! But maybe with some differences : I was using my companion 2, it was not plugged, and suddenly I experimented some blurring screen and then it shutted down by his own. When I rebooted, the screen was blurred again and after some reboots, there was nothing else than black screen (the backlight is still working on reboots) ... I tried to plug it as a normal cintiq with an other computer, nothing appears. I managed to connect the companion to another screen and sometimes (not always) it works ! So, I made a back up of my files, I tried to update drivers of the graphic card but it didn't change anything, the companion doesn't recognize his own screen ...

What is giving me hope that the screen is not completly dead yet is that (very rarely), the "Wacom screen" can appears randomly at some reboots... I even had a windows login screen once or two...

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Wed 28. Jun 2017, 08:02

That looks like a hardware problem unfortunately - perhaps only some bad internal connection. Contact customer support for repair or exchange of the unit.

Kurihiri

Postby Kurihiri » Wed 11. Oct 2017, 19:41

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with my Cintiq companion 2. The screen has remained black no matter what I try.

The screen died while I was drawing and I haven't been able to get it working again. Companion is working? (fan is working) but there is no display on the screen, just black.

I tried everything and need help.

Thank you in advance.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Thu 12. Oct 2017, 06:22

If that happens, try to connect an external monitor if possible. If that works, check Windows display settings, backup your data and contact Wacom support. The unit may need to go for repair.

Return to “Pen Computers”