New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Update download Error - Cintiq Hybrid Companion

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
DocZagreus

Update download Error - Cintiq Hybrid Companion

Postby DocZagreus » Wed 30. Aug 2017, 11:17

Hello,
I'm an owner of a Cintiq Companion Hybrid (the one with the android os) and I'm trying to figure out how to resolve this issue.
My cintiq version is cintiq-ch_v1.03.006.row.1310021238 and, when I go to the tablet system and check for updates, the tablet starts downloading a new update named "cintiq-ch_v1.04.006.row.1401241106" then stops, after a brief moment, and tells me that an error occurred while it was trying to download the update.
What can I do?
Thx a lot for any help.
Riccardo.

wacom1

Re: Update download Error - Cintiq Hybrid Companion

Postby wacom1 » Fri 1. Sep 2017, 07:18

Looks like there is problem with the server or the update file. That can take a while to fix. - The Companion Hybrid should still work ok for the moment without that update.

ordinaryturtle

Postby ordinaryturtle » Thu 21. Sep 2017, 13:04

I am having exactly the same problem. Cannot update CCH from 1.03 to 1.04 due to a download "Update package is incomplete" error; tried on different wifi networks too. When will the server be fixed?

ordinaryturtle

Postby ordinaryturtle » Thu 28. Sep 2017, 14:43

I figured out how to update my CCH from 1.03 to the latest 1.04 firmware. Here's how to do it.

The problem:

Wacom's update server (cdn.wacom.com) is missing the files for the OTA update. I found out by using a network sniffer. On the tablet, when you go to "System" -- "About tablet" -- "Check update", it sends out this HTTP query:

Code: Select all

GET http://cdn.wacom.com/a/asterix/ROW/packageinfo.txt HTTP/1.1
User-Agent:   Dalvik/1.6.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.2.1; Cintiq Companion Hybrid 13HD Build/JOP40D)
Host:   cdn.wacom.com
Connection:   Keep-Alive
Accept-Encoding:   gzip

The Wacom server responds with the contents of packageinfo.txt, which you can see here by clicking this link: http://cdn.wacom.com/a/asterix/ROW/packageinfo.txt

It is a filename index with length in bytes and a CRC32 checksum.

Then, when you tap "Download update", it sends out this HTTP query:

GET http://cdn.wacom.com/a/asterix/ROW/CINTIQ-CH_V1.04.006.ROW.1401241106/x000 HTTP/1.1
User-Agent:   Dalvik/1.6.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.2.1; Cintiq Companion Hybrid 13HD Build/JOP40D)
Host:   cdn.wacom.com
Connection:   Keep-Alive
Accept-Encoding:   gzip

However, this time, the Wacom server responds with a 404 "Not found" error:

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Content-Type:   text/html
Server:   Microsoft-IIS/8.5
X-Powered-By:   ASP.NET
Date:   Wed, 27 Sep 2017 13:09:11 GMT
Content-Length:   1245
Connection:   keep-alive

It is trying to fetch the "x000" file, which has been removed from the server.

However --

A copy of the OTA update was left on the server. Its URL is http://cdn.wacom.com/a/asterix/ROW/CINT ... 241106.zip

And the "x000" and subsequent files are within that .zip file.

So here's how to apply that update. There are 2 ways of doing it -- one involves using a microSD card, and the other uses an intercepting network proxy. I will detail the first one as it is simpler.

How to update the firmware:

You will need:
* Note: These instructions below are for Windows. Mac/Linux users, use the equivalent commands for your operating system.

On the computer:
  1. Download the update file: http://cdn.wacom.com/a/asterix/ROW/CINT ... 241106.zip
  2. Unzip the file into a directory, for instance, "D:\downloads". It will create a subdirectory named "CINTIQ-CH_V1.04.006.ROW.1401241106".
  3. Open a command prompt ("Start" -- "cmd")
  4. Navigate to the directory above, for example:

d:
    cd \Downloads\CINTIQ-CH_V1.04.006.ROW.1401241106
  5. All the x000...x533 files are actually split pieces of a .zip file. To join them back together:

copy /b x* CINTIQ-CH_V1.04.006.ROW.1401241106.zip
  6. Now you should have a new "CINTIQ-CH_V1.04.006.ROW.1401241106.zip" inside that directory. Close the command prompt window.
  7. Insert the microSD card into your computer.
  8. (Optional) Format the microSD card using SDFormatter
  9. Copy the new "CINTIQ-CH_V1.04.006.ROW.1401241106.zip" to the root of the microSD card. For instance, "F:\CINTIQ-CH_V1.04.006.ROW.1401241106.zip"
  10. Eject the microSD card.

On the tablet:
  • Tablet button terminology: With the tablet in landscape mode with the buttons on the left, from top to bottom, the button names are:

Home
    Menu
    Up
    Left, Enter, Right
    Down
    Search
    Back
  • The button on the bottom right hand side is the Power button

1. (Optional) Reset your tablet (erasing all apps, accounts, user preferences) with this procedure:
    1. Power off the tablet if on.
    2. Hold down Menu, Search, and Power buttons at the same time until the Wacom logo appears, then release them
    3. When the Android logo appears, press Enter to reset the tablet.
    4. The tablet will reboot.
  2. (Optional) Clear the cache partition
    2. Hold down Up and Power buttons. When the Wacom logo appears, release the Power button but continue to hold the Up button.
    3. A screen saying "No command" will appear. Release the Up button. Press the Menu button 6 times, then the Enter button 2 times.
    4. You will be presented with the recovery menu. Use the down button to highlight "wipe cache partition" and press Enter.
    5. The tablet will reboot.
  3. Updating the firmware
    2. Insert the microSD card into the tablet.
    3. Plug in the AC power.
    4. Hold down Up and Power buttons. When the Wacom logo appears, release the Power button but continue to hold the Up button.
    5. A screen saying "No command" will appear. Release the Up button. Press the Menu button 6 times, then the Enter button 2 times.
    6. You will be presented with the recovery menu. Use the down button to highlight "apply update from external storage" and press Enter.
    7. You will be asked to select a file to install. Use the down button to highlight "CINTIQ-CH_V1.04.006.ROW.1401241106.zip" and press the Enter button.
    8. The update process will commence. The yellow status text at the bottom left should read:

-- Install /sdcard ...
      Finding update package...
      Opening update package...
      Verifying update package...
      Installing update...
      updating recovery...
      updating kernel...
      updating system...
       > already unmounted...
       > formating...
       > extracting...
      updating bootloading staging...
      updating cd-rom...
       > already unmounted...
       > extracting...
      updating fallback...
       > skip fallback update..
      Updating micro Processor firmware...
      DONE

Install from sdcard complete.
    9. Press the Enter button to bring up the menu. Select the first item, "reboot system now", and press Enter.
    10. If it all goes correctly, you should see the Wacom boot screen, followed by an "Android is upgrading" screen, and finally to the home screen.
    11. Remember to unmount and eject the microSD card once everything is complete.

I hope this helps someone out. I have successfully updated my tablet using the process above. In particular, I needed the 1.04 firmware for its "on-screen cursor" feature because a number of drawing apps do not show the cursor.

Return to “Pen Computers”