Our online support email form on Wacom.com was down between September 14th and the 18th. If you reached out to our support team during that time but have not heard back from us please re-submit your ticket so we can help. We apologize for any inconvenience in getting a response sooner. http://support.wacom.com/

New driver posting for Mac and Windows. The 6.3.24 driver has an updated user help section and bug fixes including issues related to assigning and entering keystrokes, such as Esc and Shift. Download here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

Apple announced that 10.13 High Sierra will be released on Sep 25th. Wacom is currently working on a driver update to support this OS and will be ready by late Oct. Please note that the existing Wacom driver for 10.12 will NOT work so we suggest not to upgrade to OS 10.13 until the new driver is released.
To learn more, visit: http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Companion Hybrid - Display Error when connected to Windows

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
jhubert

Companion Hybrid - Display Error when connected to Windows

Postby jhubert » Sat 2. Sep 2017, 16:14

Since yesterday, I've had a strange problem with my Cintiq Compaion Hybrid 13HD.

It works just fine in Android mode. However, the screen is black in Windows mode - i.e. when it is connected to my desktop Windows 10 PC. I had it set up as my primary display screen, and during the boot sequence the Windows logo is still visible on it - but the screen was green-tinted and was extremely "fuzzy" and flickering, with lots of static. And as soon as the boot sequence finished the screen went blank - although Windows still detects it as a screen, and I can move my mouse pointer there.

This occurred before I installed the latest update (during my attempts at troubleshooting I saw that one was available and installed it in the hopes of fixing this issue - it didn't).

Has anyone encountered this issue before? And if so, do you know if it is possible to fix this?

wacom4

Re: Companion Hybrid - Display Error when connected to Windows

Postby wacom4 » Mon 4. Sep 2017, 13:39

Did you already try to
  1. test on another PC / Mac
  2. set the Compaion as secondary screen
  3. update the Graphics driver of your PC

What is the resolution you have set up for the Companion? Does the behavior change when the resolution changes?

jhubert

Postby jhubert » Tue 5. Sep 2017, 08:46

After some further experimenting, I determined the following:

- The Cintiq functioned fine when I connected it to my notebook (which is quite a relief, as this seems to imply that the Cintiq itself is not the problem).
- I updated the graphics driver of my desktop PC (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570), but this did not change anything.
- Changing the Cintiq to the secondary display stopped the greenish display at startup (which you can see here and here), but did not make the display visible afterwards. In fact, I was unable to subsequently get it back.
- In the Windows display settings I discovered that it was set to 1024 x 768. I changed it to 1920 x 1080 (which I believe is the maximum resolution), but no change.

Finally I may have spoken to soon when claiming that the Cintiq Companion Hybrid is detected as a screen. The desktop recognizes its flash memory, and the Wacom Desktop Center lists "Cintiq A1300" under "My Devices", but when I try to change the display settings within the Wacom Desktop Center it tells me that no suitable device is detected.

Though if I set the displays to "single", I can still use the Cintiq as a pen tablet for my regular screen (including touch sensitivity) - essentially it works like an Intuos under these circumstances.

wacom4

Postby wacom4 » Tue 5. Sep 2017, 12:56

OK, that sounds good from our side.
When you write "functioned fine" - this means the device works (and still works) on a different PC, correct?
And the behavior you describe shows that a) the driver works (Intuos like behavior) and b) the Hybrid correctly sets the mode (otherwise the screen would be showing the Android part).

In this case the issue would be within the graphics connection from the PC to the Hybrid.
Did you test another HDMI display on the PC? (another screen or even your TV)
Do you use any adaptor to connect the 3-in-1 cable to the PC?

jhubert

Postby jhubert » Tue 5. Sep 2017, 13:24

wacom4 wrote:OK, that sounds good from our side.
When you write "functioned fine" - this means the device works (and still works) on a different PC, correct?

Yes, I tested it on a Windows 10 notebook. This has a direct HDMI port.

And the behavior you describe shows that a) the driver works (Intuos like behavior) and b) the Hybrid correctly sets the mode (otherwise the screen would be showing the Android part).

The driver works for the pen, yes. The only thing that is missing is the display.

In this case the issue would be within the graphics connection from the PC to the Hybrid.
Did you test another HDMI display on the PC? (another screen or even your TV)

Sadly, I don't have another HDMI screen available.

Do you use any adaptor to connect the 3-in-1 cable to the PC?

Yes, I used a DVI-to-HDMI adapter. This used to work - until Friday. The problem can't be with the adapter itself - there were two of them in the package when I bought them, and I switched it for the other one for testing purposes. The display still ended up being blank.

wacom4

Postby wacom4 » Wed 6. Sep 2017, 12:50

Thanks for the details.
This narrows it down to your computer unfortunately.
You write that the adaptor is DVI-HDMI, this means that the original output is DVI, correct?
Do you have any DVI-Screen available you could test?
Is this a PC with a changeable graphics card where you could replace the card?

jhubert

Postby jhubert » Fri 8. Sep 2017, 05:30

wacom4 wrote:Thanks for the details.
This narrows it down to your computer unfortunately.
You write that the adaptor is DVI-HDMI, this means that the original output is DVI, correct?

Correct.

Do you have any DVI-Screen available you could test?

Sadly, no.

Is this a PC with a changeable graphics card where you could replace the card?

Yes, I could. Unfortunately, this will have to wait for a while - I will be moving to a new city tomorrow, which will absorb my energy (and finances) for the foreseeable future. But I will check back once I've had the opportunity for some further testing - whenever that might be.

Return to “Pen Computers”