New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

How to colour calibrate Wacom Studio Pro 16

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
dan3dwards

How to colour calibrate Wacom Studio Pro 16

Postby dan3dwards » Sun 3. Sep 2017, 09:25

Hi

I have been using Data color Spyders for quite a few years to calibrate my desktop monitors and it all works rather well. However after recently
purchasing a Wacom Studio Pro 16, I can't quite work out how to calibrate the screen with the Spyder 5 Elite . The main issues are when I go to the display settings in the Wacom Desktop Centre. The options on display differ from the ones described in the manual. There is no brightness or colour temperature controls. All I have is Contrast, Color Space and Gamma. I wonder if anybody has had any luck calibrating the Wacom Studio pro with a Spyder?

Cheers

Dan

dmeerpa

Re: How to colour calibrate Wacom Studio Pro 16

Postby dmeerpa » Sun 22. Oct 2017, 17:16

I do not have a Data Color Spyder, but I do have the X-rite Colormunki Photo.
I adjust the brightness via the Power options (Change plan - Change advanced power settings - Display - Display brightness)
20% = 120 cd/m² and 10%=100 cd/m²

Then go to the Wacom Desktop Center, there is an setting that calls 'Display Setting'.
You can change the Color setting via the pull down menu (Color Space - Color Temperature - custom color)
When picking Color temperature you can choose : 5000 - 6500 - 9000). Before saving recheck the Color space (Sometimes it changes by itself to native)

Now you are ready to calibrate. Personally I am not happy with the results. My neutral dark grays are black when using the x-rite software and the other neutral gray tints have a very light magenta tint. When using DisplayCAL 3 dark grays have a correct brightness, but has a significant magenta tint. DisplayCAL also soays with the Wacom sRGB Color space, that it only covers 88% instead of the 100% Wacom is claiming. Blue and pink are not able to cover the sRGB array. Same when using AdobeRGB color space. Blue and pink can't keep up, resulting in 88% coverage of the AdobeRGB color space, and 124% sRGB.

Looking forward fo your results after calibrating.

Return to “Pen Computers”