Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

New Operating System releases:
macOS 13 Ventura support: Is there a driver for macOS 13, Ventura?
Windows 11 support: Is there a driver for Windows 11?

MacOS Driver Setup:
Setting up the Wacom driver with macOS
and
Troubleshooting the Wacom driver on Mac Video Series

Cintiq 27 Pro = fewer driver features

Wacom One, Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
cartoonmonkeystudio

Cintiq 27 Pro = fewer driver features

Postby cartoonmonkeystudio » Mon 28. Nov 2022, 08:35

What is up with the switch to the new Wacom Center and taking away features that existed for aeons on all previous models?

For the price the 27 pro sells for, I would not expect downgraded features like this in the driver control panel.

Missing: Inset area
For example, with monitor / desktop switching, you could define an inset area so that your wrist doesn't have to travel across the entire Cintiq screen when navigating your 2nd display with the pen. That feature is totally missing now. Gone.

Missing: calibration! Wacom says that it's "not necessary" as they've made the layer even thinner. I would still like the option to calibrate the pen myself. Another feature taken away.

And with hardware...

Missing:
Eraser on the pen! Gone! Couldn't have included this in the new slim pen? I've had erasers on my Wacom stylus since the early 90's. Sad to see it axed in development. Should be a premium thing that stays.

All this said, I know this is sold as a reference monitor, and the 120hz thing is great and all.. but Wacom you are really losing me here on pricing and the combination of taking away features I've used for years.

worldclock2017

Re: Cintiq 27 Pro = fewer driver features

Postby worldclock2017 » Tue 6. Dec 2022, 05:55

A really good 27" monitor runs between $300 - $500 after tax

A cintiq 27 with the required stand costs $6000 after tax

No, that isn't a typo.

Whoever is paying that price has totally lost their mind

elpopo

Re: Cintiq 27 Pro = fewer driver features

Postby elpopo » Wed 25. Jan 2023, 20:20

Looks like they removed the option to display toggle spanning all your screens from the driver....between these missing features and all the problems plaguing the 27 pro (ridiculous fan noise, 500$ level display for 4000$) I've finally given up on wacom, they are truly a joke of a company.

Return to “Pen Displays”