New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Cintiq Pro 16 Video Firmware Update Nov 29th

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
freedomeagle

Cintiq Pro 16 Video Firmware Update Nov 29th

Postby freedomeagle » Wed 29. Nov 2017, 17:30

There's a new video firmware update for the Pro 16 in Wacom Desktop Center as of today, I installed it thinking it would fix the red tint problem, but now I lose pen input after about half an hour of use, and while turning the Cintiq on and off will restore it for a short time, it is now essentially broken. Once the pen input is lost, the only button that still works of the five on the front is Tablet Mode. The Wacom driver does not crash. The problem recurs after a reboot.

BE CAREFUL OF THIS UPDATE!

Cintiq Pro 16 (using Wacom Link)
Driver (up to date) 6.3.25-2
Mac OS 10.13.1

wacom1

Re: Cintiq Pro 16 Video Firmware Update Nov 29th

Postby wacom1 » Thu 30. Nov 2017, 10:12

The video firmware update affects the display / monitor function of the tablet and is not connected to the tablet sensor and pen function. If the pen stops working after a while, go to Wacom desktop center and 'restore setting' from a previous backup of the settings. That restarts the driver.

But we will check, if that update has unwanted side-effects.

freedomeagle

Postby freedomeagle » Thu 30. Nov 2017, 12:31

Restarting the driver has no effect, but it just happened again, and putting the Mac to sleep and waking it - even very quickly - will force the tablet to work again, restoring function to the pen and the surface buttons. I hope this helps.

paulashin

Postby paulashin » Sun 3. Dec 2017, 11:26

Yes, this update has broken 4k resolution for me.
It didn't break the pen as it did to you, but the resolution is totally messed up.
I'm using wacom link as well, but now even if I turn off and on again it doesnt work at all.

vputinski

Postby vputinski » Sun 10. Dec 2017, 19:17

I tried installing the firmware update on my MacBook Pro, and the pen update worked, but the video one failed, and then the tablet turned off - can't get it to turn on again, but if I move the pen around, the cursor moves with it on only on my MacBook screen, and the Desktop Centre is still saying it's connected as a device. I cannot figure out how to get the tablet to work, besides restarting my computer and re-installing the driver. I guess I'll be calling costumer service tomorrow!

freedomeagle

Postby freedomeagle » Thu 14. Dec 2017, 17:27

I want to add that the issue has seemingly vanished for me, so I am putting it down to USB weirdness and crossing my fingers.

Return to “Pen Displays”