New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Cintiq 27QHD Calibration on Windows 10 w/ Multiple Displays

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
PKissane

Cintiq 27QHD Calibration on Windows 10 w/ Multiple Displays

Postby PKissane » Fri 6. Jan 2017, 03:33

Hello all,

I've been eyeing the Cintiq 27QHD for awhile now and over this holiday season I finally decided to pull the trigger. Much to my dismay I quickly discovered the issues it has running with multiple displays on a Windows 10 machine. I normally run 3 displays and bought the Cintiq with the intent of it being my 4th; giving me plenty of screen space for running multiple programs/reference images etc. while drawing/sculpting. After an hour-or-so long call to the 1-800 number I found out that Wacom only supports a single Cintiq and single external monitor setup. So while upsetting, I said ok... I'll just unplug two of my monitors while using it, but the drivers won't even let me properly calibrate unless the Cintiq is the only display connected to my PC.

When I open the "Wacom Tablet Properties" and select the "Calibrate" pen tab there's a drop down to select which monitor you want to calibrate for. No matter what I select the box always clears itself immediately so I am unable to select a display. Regardless, I can continue calibrating as long as the Cintiq is the designated primary monitor in my OS settings; but If I'm running multiple displays the cursor tracks across the entire real estate of my active desktop while my pen is confined to the Cintiq's screen space. When the pen is all the way left on the Cintiq the cursor is very close to calibrated, but the farther I move right the more deviated the gap between them becomes. By the time I hit mid screen with my pen on the Cintiq, my cursor resides on my second display. This is clearly a driver issue and is frankly pretty disheartening since you can find videos of these issues on youtube from over a year ago.

I don't mean to rant, but I paid a fair bit of money for a product that is hardly working as expected. So I'm trying to give a thorough analysis of the issue I'm experiencing in the hopes that someone might have some experience with it and offer me a solution.

Here are my system specs if it helps:
i7-5820K
32 GB DDR4 RAM
Titan-X GPU
Windows 10 64-bit

Here is what I've tried:
-Factory drivers: Not working.
-Latest drivers (6.3.20-3): Not working.
-Call 800 number, recommends driver roll back - sends me an email with earlier version.
-Roll-back drivers (6.3.15-3): Issue persists.
-Make sure GPU drivers are up-to-date.
-Roll Forward (6.3.19-3): Issue persists.
-Roll Forward again (6.3.20-3): Issue persists.
-Frantic googling where I notice that the intuos and other tablets have the option to select an active screen space through "Mapping" settings.
-Wonder why I can't do this on a Cintiq (yes I understand the distinction between a tablet and a pen display, but still... it seems like the logical solution to my problem).
-Post here on the forums.

I normally would've walked backwards through all the drivers in reverse-chronological order trying to find something that might have worked but I cannot find any such repository on the Wacom site, the driver page only affords me the 2 most recent releases both of which have not solved the issue. Each time I change drivers I uninstall the 3 related tablet entries in the programs list, disconnect the Cintiq, restart, install the new drivers, restart, reconnect the Cintiq.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PKissane

Re: Cintiq 27QHD Calibration on Windows 10 w/ Multiple Displays

Postby PKissane » Sun 8. Jan 2017, 20:54

So, just to give an update since I haven't received any help...

If I leave all my displays connected, open windows services and restart the "Wacom Professional Service" it effectively kills the drivers and allows the pen to work as intended. This lets me use the pen, tracking only across the real estate of the Cintiq; allowing me to work comfortably while having my extra displays for references, etc. The problem is I lose all functionality on my express key remote. So I have to leave one hand on my keyboard which while not as frustrating, is still kind of a punch in the balls considering it's a feature I paid for.

cgenmedia

Postby cgenmedia » Wed 11. Jan 2017, 08:03

PKissane wrote:So, just to give an update since I haven't received any help...

If I leave all my displays connected, open windows services and restart the "Wacom Professional Service" it effectively kills the drivers and allows the pen to work as intended. This lets me use the pen, tracking only across the real estate of the Cintiq; allowing me to work comfortably while having my extra displays for references, etc. The problem is I lose all functionality on my express key remote. So I have to leave one hand on my keyboard which while not as frustrating, is still kind of a punch in the balls considering it's a feature I paid for.

Have you set one of your macro functions to 'display toggle'?. This will toggle the pen input on your cintiq to your monitor. Its under Wacom Tablet properties/display toggle, and you have 2 settings: Pen display to desktop or Pen display to other displays. You can also set your active area here. I only use one spare monitor for screen real estate, pluy my cintiq as the main display.

Hope this helps

Scott

alexlalove

Postby alexlalove » Tue 20. Jun 2017, 16:39

Hello!
I write to say that i have the same problem - EXACTLY the same. The Calibration falling menu for monitor selection just resets itself and just says ''1'' and ''2'' whenever i attempt at clicking on one of them then just clears the box and shows nothing in it. Here's what i've found:

1. Whenever i bring in a new display in place of my own extra monitor (i've had some of my friends' monitor just to check how thy behave) it shows it in that menu for a while and after an undetermined amount of connecting and disconnecting it falls it the black list (so to speak, you understand me).
2. Other PCs other than mine also do this - they show some settings at first then after a few disconnects and connects just fail to find the different devices.
3.Wacom support doesn't want to acknowledge the fact that such a bug exists. They give advice for newbies that do not understand how a PC works. Like in your case they told me to click on the toggle button without even realizing that you CANNOT even calibrate the different displays to begin toggling them. Also driver re installation is commonly used. Most unrealistic of all was ''did you try restarting your PC''.
4. No amount of reinstalling ANY drivers (WACOM drivers, NVIDIA drivers or ATI drivers) fixes this. Just no.
5. For some reason laptops CANNOT make this bug happen, i tried it with several laptops they all behave normally all the time (i think that's it due to the fact their monitors are built-in)

6.Finally, what seemed to me, fixed the issue for a while at least was reinstalling your Windows. This fixes it for a while then it just breaks. Strange that every other piece of software finds both monitors without any problems and this Wacom Calibration is the only thing that doesn't know what displays are connected to your PC.

If you have found any method to fixing this issue or you have had luck with the WACOM support please write me.
Thank you!

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Wed 21. Jun 2017, 06:39

The display is handled by your graphics driver and Windows - not by the tablet driver. The tablet driver has options for calibration (making sure that the screen pointer and pentip are alligned), but first the display must be detected. If a pen device is detected, Windows control panel 'Tablet PC Settings' has settings to select which screen is detecting the pen (and which is detecting touch) and there is a calibration within Windows. There is another calibration for the pen in the Wacom tablet properties panel. And there is a display toggle option in the Wacom properties, that can be used once the other configuration is working. - If the Cintiq is not properly detected as monitor in Windows, that could be a hardware fault in the Cintiq, in the cable or could be a graphics driver problem. It could also depend on screen resolution settings, and one test should be done with a lower resolution. That can help to identify, if the problem is in the hardware.

alexlalove

Postby alexlalove » Wed 21. Jun 2017, 08:43

wacom1 wrote:The display is handled by your graphics driver and Windows - not by the tablet driver. The tablet driver has options for calibration (making sure that the screen pointer and pentip are alligned), but first the display must be detected. If a pen device is detected, Windows control panel 'Tablet PC Settings' has settings to select which screen is detecting the pen (and which is detecting touch) and there is a calibration within Windows. There is another calibration for the pen in the Wacom tablet properties panel. And there is a display toggle option in the Wacom properties, that can be used once the other configuration is working. - If the Cintiq is not properly detected as monitor in Windows, that could be a hardware fault in the Cintiq, in the cable or could be a graphics driver problem. It could also depend on screen resolution settings, and one test should be done with a lower resolution. That can help to identify, if the problem is in the hardware.

Such a miracle that I managed to fix it just this night (an all-nighter again of attempts to show ANY display in that menu).

So you either do not read what we say, or you are incredible stubborn. Everything else finds each display. Either if it's an NVIDIA or ATI, if it's Windows Settings or third party programs. Those displays don't show only in that menu in the calibration settings. This isn't any other's mistake but Wacom's and you can't fix it and you tell people indirectly that they are stupid, first by not understanding the problem and not trying to recreate it in order to find a manageable fix, second you just wash your hands - it's a problem with your configuration without realizing what we said - that it worked in the beginning then just starts to act buggy.

SO THE WAY TO FIX IT.
Go to device manager and disable your graphics card in real time, so your motherboard or chipset graphics takes over. I suppose all your displays including the Cintiq are connected to your GPU, so that will render everything connected to the GPU unusable except for one display (my Cintiq was it) which will run in low resolution. Now during that time when you go to the calibration you will see the miracle. The Cintiq showed and i could calibrate it once again. Even better when you enable the graphics card, again real-time (and with every display still connected to it) all your displays will now show in the calibration menu, and the toggle display function that WACOM so loves to tell you to use to get out of this issue will start working again. I explain that working as a fix because of WACOM's drivers not communicating properly with a GPU about it's connected displays (WACOM'S DRIVERS BECAUSE THIS CAN BE RECREATED EASILY...EEEZALEEEH ON DIFFERENT CONFIGURATION PCs) and when you disable the gpu in real-time and then enable it, the WACOM gets a clean shot at indexing/mapping them. Something that God knows why isn't fixed by reinstalling the Wacom or GPU drivers.

I hope this helps and i hope WACOM tries harder at these problems because we didn't pay good money so we get issues like this and then totally no getting any help on them.
Thank you!

alexlalove

Postby alexlalove » Wed 21. Jun 2017, 08:46

PKissane wrote:Hello all,

I've been eyeing the Cintiq 27QHD for awhile now and over this holiday season I finally decided to pull the trigger. Much to my dismay I quickly discovered the issues it has running with multiple displays on a Windows 10 machine. I normally run 3 displays and bought the Cintiq with the intent of it being my 4th; giving me plenty of screen space for running multiple programs/reference images etc. while drawing/sculpting. After an hour-or-so long call to the 1-800 number I found out that Wacom only supports a single Cintiq and single external monitor setup. So while upsetting, I said ok... I'll just unplug two of my monitors while using it, but the drivers won't even let me properly calibrate unless the Cintiq is the only display connected to my PC.

When I open the "Wacom Tablet Properties" and select the "Calibrate" pen tab there's a drop down to select which monitor you want to calibrate for. No matter what I select the box always clears itself immediately so I am unable to select a display. Regardless, I can continue calibrating as long as the Cintiq is the designated primary monitor in my OS settings; but If I'm running multiple displays the cursor tracks across the entire real estate of my active desktop while my pen is confined to the Cintiq's screen space. When the pen is all the way left on the Cintiq the cursor is very close to calibrated, but the farther I move right the more deviated the gap between them becomes. By the time I hit mid screen with my pen on the Cintiq, my cursor resides on my second display. This is clearly a driver issue and is frankly pretty disheartening since you can find videos of these issues on youtube from over a year ago.

I don't mean to rant, but I paid a fair bit of money for a product that is hardly working as expected. So I'm trying to give a thorough analysis of the issue I'm experiencing in the hopes that someone might have some experience with it and offer me a solution.

Here are my system specs if it helps:
i7-5820K
32 GB DDR4 RAM
Titan-X GPU
Windows 10 64-bit

Here is what I've tried:
-Factory drivers: Not working.
-Latest drivers (6.3.20-3): Not working.
-Call 800 number, recommends driver roll back - sends me an email with earlier version.
-Roll-back drivers (6.3.15-3): Issue persists.
-Make sure GPU drivers are up-to-date.
-Roll Forward (6.3.19-3): Issue persists.
-Roll Forward again (6.3.20-3): Issue persists.
-Frantic googling where I notice that the intuos and other tablets have the option to select an active screen space through "Mapping" settings.
-Wonder why I can't do this on a Cintiq (yes I understand the distinction between a tablet and a pen display, but still... it seems like the logical solution to my problem).
-Post here on the forums.

I normally would've walked backwards through all the drivers in reverse-chronological order trying to find something that might have worked but I cannot find any such repository on the Wacom site, the driver page only affords me the 2 most recent releases both of which have not solved the issue. Each time I change drivers I uninstall the 3 related tablet entries in the programs list, disconnect the Cintiq, restart, install the new drivers, restart, reconnect the Cintiq.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check out the device manager fix i posted mate!

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Mon 26. Jun 2017, 07:39

I may have misunderstood your situation. The task of calibration is the close allignment of pentip and screen pointer on a Cintiq. This is very different from mapping, where the screen pointer can be mapped to another or both displays. The tablet driver has a 'display toggle' option, that defines what happens when pressing a display toggle Expresskey. Mapping can be (and should normally be) Cintiq area mapped to itself, Cintiq area mapped to both dispplay, Cintiq area mapped to second display. This can be configured in the 'display toggle' panel of the driver. -

If you find that the screen pointer is not shown directly under the pentip, but always somewhere near the tip, this issue can be corrected by calibration (using calibration in the tablet driver and calibration in Windows TabletPC settings). If instead the screen pointer is way off on another screen, something is wrong with the mapping. In that case reset the driver, check display toggle option and make sure that the monitor selected for calibration is the Cintiq.

Bandahnazareth

Postby Bandahnazareth » Sat 1. Jul 2017, 14:28

I'm having the same problem that the list of monitors is blank. However, when I try restarting services or GPU-drivers it only ever fills in one of my three monitors, regardless of the order I plug them in, regardless if I only have one of them, two of them, or three of them plugged in at the same time.
The one that shows up is plugged in with hdmi, my regular primary monitor is a 144hz monitor plugged in with DVI and I plug in my tablet with a mini-DP to DP converter and USB 3.0

specs
GTX 1080
i7 6800K
ASUS X99-A-ii

Bandahnazareth

Postby Bandahnazareth » Sat 1. Jul 2017, 14:34

I'm having the same problem, only it isn't solved by restarting the graphics card or any service. The Wacom software only seems to recognize one of my monitors (the one plugged in with hdmi), the other two (cintiq pro 16 and another monitor plugged in with DVI) are just numbers followed by a blank line.

spec:

GTX 1080
i7 6800K
ASUS X99-ii

Return to “Pen Displays”