Wacom Drivers
March 2018: Updated drivers released version 6.3.29-4 for Win and 6.3.29-6 for Mac, supporting the new Cintiq Pro products. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?:https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=How-do-I-register-my-Wacom-device%2525253F&guideId=4244ade8-634a-433c-88b4-31d83e63226c

Cintiq Pro 16 only 88% sRGB

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro

Cintiq Pro 16 only 88% sRGB

Postby doombun » Thu 1. Feb 2018, 15:44

Hi everyone,

Let me get this out of the way first: The image quality of the Cintiq Pro 16 is far from bad.
That being said, I have to admit that I am quite disappointed in the results I'm getting after calibrating the screen. On the hardware side I'm using a Datacolor Spyder 5 and therefor I tried calibrating the screen with the provided software at first. That turned out just horrible (a strong red tint), so I switched over to DisplayCAL which provided much more accurate results:
But still, the Cintiq outputs only 88% of sRGB color space, which is shockingly worse than the advertised 100% and not what I come to expect from a professional display at this price point (my 1.000 bucks cheaper HP monitor easily covers 100% sRGB). The out-of-the-box settings the Cintiq came with were even worse.

So I would like to know if this is something that can and will be fixed via a firmware update or if there are any detailed tips and tricks Wacom could provide us for calibrating this display.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Cintiq Pro 16 only 88% sRGB

Postby wacom1 » Fri 2. Feb 2018, 09:03

I am not sure, where you find 100% sRGB advertized. We list 87% sRGB for the Cintiq 13" and '94 % Adobe RGB (CIE1976)' for the 16" version. I don't think you can get more than that, but you may have to use the updated Wacom Color Manager software supporting the Cintiq Pro models directly.

Postby angrygymnast » Tue 27. Feb 2018, 21:42

@doombun I'm happy to see that I am not the only one pulling my hair with the color situation.

I claimed the warranty because I thought the cintiq was faulty. Wacom promptly replied because the colors were extremely off. They replaced my device and I just today I got a new one.

Here you can see how AWFUL and how different the color looks. I've had tested other cintiqs and the color is not as off as with this one.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3jvw7y4leify ... 9TLoa?dl=0

The new one has the colors SUPER saturated and purples are shown blue on the cintiq (so yeah, got a new device with the SAME problem). I wish I could find a way to fix this because I can't for the life of me work not knowing which color I am applying on the illustration. I've talked to
three people around the world (from Checoslovaquia and USA and another one from Canada). The three of them have the same issue. Two of them returned their Cintiqs. One tweaked the color through the color settings. I don't see why we should do this, since the other cintiqs were out of the box kinda ready.

When I connected a 13" model the colors were 100% match to what I was seeing on my monitor. I really don't know if both models carry the same technology but they shown different color results. No one has addressed this on the reviews I've seen.

I've tested the cintiq with different computers. it doesn't matter to which computer it is connected, the cintiq shows colors way off. If I apply a dark blue (what I see as a dark blue on the cintiq) the monitor will show a different kind of shade. lighter.
I have to say the older one shown discrepancies but didn't have the saturation problem that I am now experiencing. I think I will ask for a refund. I believe for an expensive piece of equipment like this one, I should get my money's worth.

Postby cocouacocoua » Wed 28. Feb 2018, 16:12

doombun wrote:Hi everyone,

Let me get this out of the way first: The image quality of the Cintiq Pro 16 is far from bad.

Thanks in advance!

Hi! if you are using OS X, it is said in this forum there is a problem with OSX Night shift, you should switch it ON/OFF to try if that helps.

I returned mine after some days of use because that and the fan whistle/noise.

Postby angrygymnast » Wed 28. Feb 2018, 20:11

There is no more nightshift problem, the corrected it with the last firmware update.

What I am noticing though is that color varies according to the program you are using. I am noticing that photoshop is not reading all blues especially when they have a hint of purple hue. Manga studio doesn't have that issue at all. Doesn't matter if you are working your file on sRgb or Adobe 1998. I corrected the problem with the wacom display settings but it tilted my whites and all neutral shades purple. Some colors are a bit off like in any kind of cintiq (muted obviously), but the blues in photoshop with this model are ATROCIOUS. I am not the only one having this issue.

In my case as I use photoshop a lot, it has to do with compatibility between the display and photoshop (using CC right now).

Return to “Pen Displays”