DRIVER UPDATE
Upgrading to Mac OS 10.14 Mojave? The new Wacom driver 6.3.31 is compatible. However, a new Mac OS security feature requires some additional changes to run the Wacom Driver correctly. Please see the instructions found on our support page, here: https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?gui ... d0e39c4946

Wacom Drivers:
June 2018: New drivers released version 6.3.31 for Win and 6.3.31 for Mac, with various bugfixes. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Google Chrome - Clicking issues:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Registration
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?:https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=How-do-I-register-my-Wacom-device%2525253F&guideId=4244ade8-634a-433c-88b4-31d83e63226c

WACOM EK-REMOTE

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
Danilo81

WACOM EK-REMOTE

Postby Danilo81 » Tue 13. Mar 2018, 10:11

Hello there! I've bought 2 years ago a Wacom Cintiq 27QHD Touch.
Never used the EK-remote till today, I've plugged to USB to charge and it's stuck to 87% or (when clicking the slide-key "power on" on the bottom, it refresh and says 75%).
The keys works on EK-remote, but I can't use wireless.
I'm on iMac Pro with High Sierra.

In the section "Information about" (in Italian language: "Informazioni su") and next tab "Diagnosis" of the Wacom tablet showing after clicking on "Info Driver" tab of the Ex-remote, there's a voice called (I'm using Italian driver and it's called "Modalità senza fili"), I believe in English is called "Wireless Mode" and it's set to "disabled", while "Id wireless" shows : "R#01-000B78". Battery is stuck to "87%" despite the Ex-Remote is plugged to Cintiq's USB port.

When I click the bottom slide-key a"BLUE LIGHT" blinks. When the EK-Remote is unplugged from USB, and click on the bottom slide-key it doesn't power on. Now there's just an orange light at the bottom when it's plugged into WACOM's USB.

So, what I must do to enable "Wireless Mode" setting? Or maybe the battery of the EK-Remote is broken without using in two years?

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Danilo Del Tufo

wacom1

Re: WACOM EK-REMOTE

Postby wacom1 » Tue 13. Mar 2018, 11:56

For the wireless mode to work, the EKR needs to connect with the USB dongle. When you swithc it on, the EKR is trying to find the dongle. If found and connection was established, the LED is blue (and turning off after a while for power saving). If no stable connection was achieved, the blue LED blinks a while, then turns off. That can happen if the dongle is faulty, not paired or to much interference.

On Macs with USB3 ports we often see interference for wireless connections, if the dongle is too close to the Mac. It can help to connect it with a USB extension cable. For pairing hold the power slide button for 5 seconds. The LED will flash blue and then turn off after a moment.

If the battery has not been used/charged for long time, it may stop working or not reach 100% capacity anymore, but the wireless connection should still work fine.

Danilo81

Postby Danilo81 » Tue 13. Mar 2018, 12:12

The USB connection works, and it blinks one time on blue, all the keys of Remote work.
When unplug from USB and click the bottom slide-key it won't turn on.
I assume this remote is wireless and need the USB just for charging so what do you think about info tab "Wireless Mode" and it's set to "disabled", while "Id wireless" shows : "R#01-000B78"?

Thanks!

Danilo Del Tufo

kangum

Postby kangum » Thu 15. Mar 2018, 08:56

Do you have the wireless receiver connected to the Imac Pro. Its a small square that looks like a mouse receiver. If you dont have this it wont connect wirelessly, You should have got 3 things with your remote. The remote, a usb cord, and a small receiver. If you havent used it in 2+ years I am thinking you dont have or lost the receiver.

Danilo81

Postby Danilo81 » Thu 15. Mar 2018, 10:01

Hello Kangum! I've kept all the cables in the original box of the Cintiq, never seen a wireless receiver in the original box, maybe it's missing.
So I assume, in my case, the only way to connect EK-Remote is USB.
I believed that Ek-Remote should connect to the Cintiq without any receiver, just clicking on the bottom slide-key (blue light) without plugging to Cintiq USB port, but you've clarify this to me, I've thought it was broken too.

Well, thanks for clarification!

Cheers,

Danilo Del Tufo

kangum

Postby kangum » Thu 15. Mar 2018, 13:57

The receiver is very small and likely got lost. Its something you should be able to get replaced fairly cheap from wacom to get your remote working wirelessly again. The remote is not bluetooth. It requires the receiver to work wirelessly.

Return to “Pen Displays”